FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

[Osamodas] Response to 2.9

By HatedOne - FORMER SUBSCRIBER - November 22, 2012, 18:41:57
Reactions 37
Score : 1119

Toad: now, useless to spend 15 SP on, unless it's one of the last spells to level. 4 turns of protection is a really really sad joke to tell.

Cheaper AP for summons really only helps those that don't have them at 5, or 6. The one caveat is the Wyrm. Now, it's pretty much pointless to level it to 6, until 200. We're up to 30 SP left now to spend on other spells to help our PvP tactics!! Or get level 6 Tofu!! mellow

Oh...wait...our spells all have to do with buffing the summons. Or temporarily buff allies. Right...so let's not be able to protect them! Great idea! The change to natural defence is only for "player characters" not for summons...so it has the same mechanics for summons. Now I'm going to have a bunch of SP left over, and nothing to put it into.

Why don't they just go ahead and have a per target cast limit of 1 for animal healing with 1/2 the healing given, and make crow need LoS. That way I can learn to really hate my in-game abilities.

I don't even need to test the changes to see how they are debilitating to my character.

0 0
Score : 11334

These changes seem totally warranted and fair. It's obviously been done because everyone in Kolo now seems to throw and Osa and a Sacrier into a team with a damage dealer to dominate everyone they come across. Sacrifice on the osa, someone dies, osa cast resurrection. Be glad they didn't nerf resurrection.

1 -1
Score : 5260

And now, i think this has given me a reason to drop my osa. The dumb AI summons i could put up with, but now I'm made nearly useless except from reviving. But even if i do, I'd have to shun them away into a corner for 2 turns since toad wont cover the turns that ally is unhealable. They've tried to make us use our summons more but unless they improve them, its not going to happen. I have been rendered pretty much, just a reviver but not even that due to the unhealable and toad going..

Thanks a lot, i really enjoyed my osa too.

0 0
Alyss-Sin|2012-11-23 18:31:43
These changes seem totally warranted and fair. It's obviously been done because everyone in Kolo now seems to throw and Osa and a Sacrier into a team with a damage dealer to dominate everyone they come across. Sacrifice on the osa, someone dies, osa cast resurrection. Be glad they didn't nerf resurrection.

This seems like a post from someone that doesn't play as an Osa. But if this is the problem, then Ankama is wrong for making sweeping changes to the way we Osas can protect our summons based on PvP play. And I don't even use resurrection that often. In Kolo, I'm usually one of the first to die.

How irritating.
0 0
Score : 6159
Sackrace|2012-11-23 20:03:34
And now, i think this has given me a reason to drop my osa. The dumb AI summons i could put up with, but now I'm made nearly useless except from reviving. But even if i do, I'd have to shun them away into a corner for 2 turns since toad wont cover the turns that ally is unhealable. They've tried to make us use our summons more but unless they improve them, its not going to happen. I have been rendered pretty much, just a reviver but not even that due to the unhealable and toad going..

Thanks a lot, i really enjoyed my osa too.

I think that's really jumping the gun there... Toad is no longer the superspell it once was, but it's still a powerful buff. Yeah, Toad won't cover all of the unhealable state, but having that state was to make Leash balanced. Toad essentially negated the disadvantage of unhealable, so I can see why they lowered the amount of turns.

But if you really want to just drop your character because of this, then whatever... I'll continue enjoying everything my Osa has to offer to fights.
0 0
InuzukaKiba|2012-11-23 20:51:29

I think that's really jumping the gun there... Toad is no longer the superspell it once was, but it's still a powerful buff. Yeah, Toad won't cover all of the unhealable state, but having that state was to make Leash balanced. Toad essentially negated the disadvantage of unhealable, so I can see why they lowered the amount of turns.

But if you really want to just drop your character because of this, then whatever... I'll continue enjoying everything my Osa has to offer to fights.

I see what you're trying to say, but Toad in it's current 2.8 form does not negate the disadvantage of unhealable. Toad on a resurrected ally simply meant they hopefully wouldn't be immediately killed again. As you get into the 180s and 190s, you'll see damage far outstrip toads ability to stop it...it's merely a bandaid to get the ally hopefully to a point they can be healed.
0 0
Score : 926

Make toad 4 tuns on summons but please let be 2 turns in players...or osa toad wont be wanted by anyone anymore....dont ruin a spell like this... it will make toad a "maybe I will level IF I can use spell point scrolls spell..."... 4 turns in summons...ok, now they can umbewich and kill any summon with multi-elemment weapons in 1 hit...fine for me.

But please dont make 1 turn in players ...it will cut by 50% (in half) the power of toad..that ..letsw say isnt that great in 2.8...

0 0
Score : 4082

Natural Defence: Level 5 gives 10% of the player's max hp (nerf for people with low hp, buff for others like sacs with more hp than they need of course)

Toad: everyone knows, idk, i'd still rather use points to lvl it since it'll just be a 3 turn recast, no different than High Energy on a summon, wait 5 turns, summon still has 8 ap and you refresh by recasting/ on a player, just revive them a distance from the fight till they can be healed again

prespic/bwork...um..idk, worth lvling after animal healing (vit/int and intel builds), GC, crow (maybe), and PoC I guess??

Wyrmling: 6 ap instead of 7, makes use of a 2 ap bear cry, toad, feline, or fang boost right? even a lv 6 tofu/gobball could be thrown into the same turn.

0 0
Score : 2143

meh. am used to being nerfed always. if there is at least 1 time when we r buffed properly, i mean a buff which ll boost our capablities, im throwing a party at my house and everyone of u osas are invited.

Lagirdam|2012-11-23 20:33:52
Alyss-Sin|2012-11-23 18:31:43

This seems like a post from someone that doesn't play as an Osa. But if this is the problem, then Ankama is wrong for making sweeping changes to the way we Osas can protect our summons based on PvP play. And I don't even use resurrection that often. In Kolo, I'm usually one of the first to die.

How irritating.

100% agreed. if anyone who has ever played an osa in pvp, would know that we die first. if opponent has a sac , we die faster. if that sac has more ini than us, we die even faster biggrin screw leash lol. without a feca in team, i hardly live long enough to summon or buff for 1 turn.

meh they didnt even compensate the lack of 1 turn by increasing the defense of toad. at least if they increased the defense of toad even for one turn i guess we would be a bit happier. hope so at least.

i say we already have 15 classes now. would be hard to manage truthfully. remove leash from osas and give it to enis and delete the class. and anyone of u wont have anymore issues of op osas. i think its a pretty easy solution truthfully.
0 0
Score : 168

Of all the changes they could have made to Osa's... none of these would have been things I'd have suggested.

I can only assume this is the first part of a bigger fix to them or I'm going to be pretty dissapointed.

Lashing claw just got seriously OP with the potential for unlimited cast per turn with up to 17 damage base hits. That will surely get nerfed down to 3 cast per turn or 2 per target I'm guessing.

All the other other spells except wyrm have almost no affect on any osa other than brand new players. And I agree with the point that the change to wyrm really does nothing to boost the skill. If anything it's an incentive to keep it at lvl 1 on a poor player's budget just to get buff and debuff. It never survives past the first round of use anyways in pvp.

How about we merge Bear cry and Fangs to get something like +100% damage and +10 damage at lvl 6 for 3 ap cost.

Then give Osa's some spell they can buff themselves with to actually have some shot of living since every PvP fight they are food on the first round.

Also, the summons cost are just way to fricking high. First round, you're lucky if you can cast more than 2 summons and it's very likely always going to be Crackler and Gobbal or Prespic. Doing this, you have no shot of buffing up any of them so they die way too easily. If you just summon one and waste all your buffs, the enemy can knock it down, and weaken the crap out of you for a few turns since none of your next summons can be buffed for a while.

0 0
ouchh|2012-11-26 10:53:45
Of all the changes they could have made to Osa's... none of these would have been things I'd have suggested.
I can only assume this is the first part of a bigger fix to them or I'm going to be pretty dissapointed.
Lashing claw just got seriously OP with the potential for unlimited cast per turn with up to 17 damage base hits. That will surely get nerfed down to 3 cast per turn or 2 per target I'm guessing.
Huh? The max, with a 12AP set would be 4 casts at level 6 Lashing. With an easy 9 or 10ap, you're limited to 3 casts. None of which would be OP, even for a pure cha osa. I'm int/cha and Lashing on the test server hits for more than my Crow but still less than my Ghostly.
All the other other spells except wyrm have almost no affect on any osa other than brand new players. And I agree with the point that the change to wyrm really does nothing to boost the skill. If anything it's an incentive to keep it at lvl 1 on a poor player's budget just to get buff and debuff. It never survives past the first round of use anyways in pvp.
How about we merge Bear cry and Fangs to get something like +100% damage and +10 damage at lvl 6 for 3 ap cost. Then give Osa's some spell they can buff themselves with to actually have some shot of living since every PvP fight they are food on the first round.
This sounds great, but sadly I can tell it won't happen. Directly self-buffing seems very very unlikely.
Also, the summons cost are just way to fricking high. First round, you're lucky if you can cast more than 2 summons and it's very likely always going to be Crackler and Gobbal or Prespic. Doing this, you have no shot of buffing up any of them so they die way too easily. If you just summon one and waste all your buffs, the enemy can knock it down, and weaken the crap out of you for a few turns since none of your next summons can be buffed for a while.
Actually, this is a lot of what they just adjusted. They lowered the AP costs for some of the summons (off-class too).
See bold within the quote above.
0 0

If toad become half turns in summons and players, make it reduce more damage for players, so 1 turn will be actually useful. Or make 4 summon turns and 2 turns like it was in 2.8 for players....just dont make toad spell become a bad buff...

0 0
Score : 27382
ImFellingAlonne|2012-11-28 20:23:39
If toad become half turns in summons and players, make it reduce more damage for players, so 1 turn will be actually useful. Or make 4 summon turns and 2 turns like it was in 2.8 for players....just dont make toad spell become a bad buff...
I didn't read that Toad was going to stop more, just that it was going to last for a shorter duration. I do like the idea of it stopping more tho, maybe twice as much for half the duration?
0 0

yes, if half turns double damage reducted, and that way only 1 turn protection on player but more damage redution and for summons the same as it is with half turns)

0 0
Revil-Nunor|2012-11-28 20:44:01
I didn't read that Toad was going to stop more, just that it was going to last for a shorter duration. I do like the idea of it stopping more tho, maybe twice as much for half the duration?
Agreed, that is a pretty good idea. Even 50% more protection makes it more viable. Simply cutting in 1/2 the duration of the spell and lengthening the cooldown effectively renders it useless.
0 0
Score : 29
Lagirdam|2012-11-30 16:08:32
Agreed, that is a pretty good idea. Even 50% more protection makes it more viable. Simply cutting in 1/2 the duration of the spell and lengthening the cooldown effectively renders it useless.

then 90% of the community will pee in their pants cause of the terror of op osamodas. i love the way we osas are feared in the forums. anyways, we wont get buff of any kinda. the community considers us op, so well remain op and ll be needed to get balanced. so look forward to more nerfs instead of buffs. havnt been buffed, wont be buffed.
0 0
Score : 4082
lallallalallalala|2012-12-01 11:27:06
Lagirdam|2012-11-30 16:08:32

then 90% of the community will pee in their pants cause of the terror of op osamodas. i love the way we osas are feared in the forums. anyways, we wont get buff of any kinda. the community considers us op, so well remain op and ll be needed to get balanced. so look forward to more nerfs instead of buffs. havnt been buffed, wont be buffed.
Only reason people call Osas op in pvp is cause if given enough time, it turns into like a 7v1 fight. (7v1 for me in vit/resis 13v1 in summon, both after lv 5 blessing tongue). But it's your fault if you let us live long enough to do that in the first place. Take into account how Osa is top priority to kill in Kolo, then Eni, any other healing player (fogger maybe?), then like Sac or Eca =/. People just hate the summons, take them away and no one calls Osa op anymore.
0 0
Score : 27382

Osas themselves may be OP, but our summons negate that OPness pretty substantially.

On another note. I have given the new toad a shot, completely useless now. Not even worth leveling and the "buff" to Natural Defense adds up to about 150 more hp on a 3750 hp character, which is pretty ridiculous. That doesn't even begin to compensate, and the fact that Ankama thinks it is fair should be insulting to anyone who plays an Osa.

Anyone else thinking separate spells for PvP and PvM just keep getting more and more attractive?

0 0