FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Frig 3 Monsters are fun

By Nerd-Tease - FORMER SUBSCRIBER - March 29, 2013, 03:42:19
DevTracker

The monsters are not unbeatable.
I have been enjoying figuring out the way these monsters work and interact.
It seems a lot of them have a long range non line of sight attack, though for most of them this appears to be a linear attack.
Many monsters do more damage the less health they have.
Plenty of monsters have 2 turn non-unbewitchable buffs/ triggered effects that can be devastating if not payed attention to.

Happy hunting.

Spoiler tags for a sample on the xp (solo xp at near 400 wis)

Spoiler (click here to show spoiler)

Not exactly great

And I'm working on videos of how to kill each frig 3 monster:
Here's the first

Click here
0 0
First Ankama intervention

Nice video, Nerd-Tease! I've posted it to the official twitter feed. =)

See message in context
Reactions 16
Score : 27402

As long as you kill them one at a time and don't let them get in amongst your group they are very simple to kill. Without the added effects from the boss you can't really see their true difficulty.

0 0
Score : 13366

Unfortunately, I did not have time to sit in each room and compete with other people for spawns to try it, though maybe tomorrow I will.

0 0
Score : 135

the new monsters are a bit OP 16000 hp and they do 2000 damage per turn

0 0
dowhatchalike|2013-03-29 06:58:04
the new monsters are a bit OP 16000 hp and they do 2000 damage per turn
Only the bosses have this much health, the rest are about 6000 hp.
They can do 2000 damage a turn, if you don't pay attention to things like the armageddon state and the happy as paunch state
Other than that, i have seen a couple of the monsters get a crit in for 1k , but nowhere near 2k (at least single target.... maybe in a group they would hit multiple for this amount)
0 0
Score : 11357

I know I'm technically too low to be fighting them, but having done so just to see what they were like (and gotten slaughtered, of course), I'm not sure how I'd beat them even if I were higher level. If I had twice as many HP and did twice as much damage a turn I'd still be getting killed long before I could kill even one of them.

0 0

Nice video, Nerd-Tease! I've posted it to the official twitter feed. =)

Score : 27402
Darkstorm|2013-03-29 11:47:51
I know I'm technically too low to be fighting them, but having done so just to see what they were like (and gotten slaughtered, of course), I'm not sure how I'd beat them even if I were higher level. If I had twice as many HP and did twice as much damage a turn I'd still be getting killed long before I could kill even one of them.
It is all about keeping them out of your team, and giving them summons to beat up on. Pandawastas, Trees, and other high hp summons are very useful for this. Sadis are also extremely useful for the Ultra Powerful dolls because a lot of the monsters have impressive mp resistance.

A Foggernaut has almost continual access to high hp turrets that can be spammed, making it much easier for them to solo these.

I am curious if these will have 6000 hp after the 15%+ reduction or if that hasn't yet been taken into account.
0 0
Score : 15637
A Foggernaut has almost continual access to high hp turrets that can be spammed, making it much easier for them to solo these.

Int foggernauts can also heal themselves while doing high damage. After the initial set up of the turrets they are one of the most soloable classes imho. Most classes couldn't pull off a solo fight like this as easily because they can't do damage that high while healing themselves at the same time.
0 0
Mishna|2013-03-29 18:19:08

Int foggernauts can also heal themselves while doing high damage. After the initial set up of the turrets they are one of the most soloable classes imho. Most classes couldn't pull off a solo fight like this as easily because they can't do damage that high while healing themselves at the same time.
IF that came across as easy, I'm getting better at this than I thought. These fights are by no means easy. If you could have heard me swearing during this video of me fighting a mecanofoux... They have some pretty dangerous crits.

Next video: Mecanofoux ->
Click here

UPDATE:
Well here is me dying a horrible death after trying to replicate a fight I did earlier when I forgot to press the record button. I did Include a screenshot of winning the other fight, and the video does highlight the danger of this monster

Potbellion (x2) :
Click here
0 0
Score : 15637
Nerd-Tease|2013-03-29 22:38:20

IF that came across as easy, I'm getting better at this than I thought. These fights are by no means easy. If you could have heard me swearing during this video of me fighting a mecanofoux... They have some pretty dangerous crits.

Next video: Mecanofoux ->
Click here

UPDATE:
Well here is me dying a horrible death after trying to replicate a fight I did earlier when I forgot to press the record button. I did Include a screenshot of winning the other fight, and the video does highlight the danger of this monster

Potbellion (x2) :
Click here

Note that we are saying it is comparatively easier for a int fogger because they can deal damage and heal simultaneously. For most people a solo fight like that without a healer to back them up would be basically impossible. So if you find it hard to solo imagine how hard it would be if you didn't have a healing turret, or for some classes, even the ability to hit hard from a distance like fogger has.
0 0
Score : 112

Great videos, thank you.

0 0
Score : 89

Why do you play in "potatoe mode"?

You are facing only one monster in the fight (yes, two monsters in the third video, but still...), so there is no need for better visibility. I don't get, is it a technical problem? Please, don't play in potatoe mode when you're about to record something to show others.

You had turned off the fight informations on the first video, which is also bad for this kind of video in my opinion. After all you turned it on later.

Please, don't play in potatoe mode.

-------------------------------------

By the way,

Int foggernauts can also heal themselves while doing high damage.

this goes for ALL foggers, as the healing output of the turrets is not affected by the intelligence of the caster, but by the vitality of the target. However, as shown, int foggernauts can also heal their turrets.
0 0
Laxorlax|2013-03-31 08:04:29
Why do you play in "potatoe mode"?

You are facing only one monster in the fight (yes, two monsters in the third video, but still...), so there is no need for better visibility. I don't get, is it a technical problem? Please, don't play in potatoe mode when you're about to record something to show others.

You had turned off the fight informations on the first video, which is also bad for this kind of video in my opinion. After all you turned it on later.

Please, don't play in potatoe mode.

-------------------------------------

By the way,
Int foggernauts can also heal themselves while doing high damage.

this goes for ALL foggers, as the healing output of the turrets is not affected by the intelligence of the caster, but by the vitality of the target. However, as shown, int foggernauts can also heal their turrets.
Thanks for the feedback on the videos, it will help me improve the next ones.

While it is true all foggernauts can heal with the lifesaver, it actually is a 2 part heal, the first is a percentage, the second is intel and +heal based. So int foggers do it better biggrin 
0 0

^^

By second, do you mean the special spell? Because the description of the lifesaver states out clearly: "Heals given are proportionate to the targets' maximum health."

0 0
Score : 1809
Laxorlax|2013-03-31 14:44:56
^^

By second, do you mean the special spell? Because the description of the lifesaver states out clearly: "Heals given are proportionate to the targets' maximum health."

The Lifesaver's heal (I/II/III) is Target's Max Health * (x/y/z)% + (a) * (Foggernaut Intelligence / 100 +1) + Foggernaut +Heal bonus.

The Lifesaver's special spell (Rescue) is Target Max Health * w%.

Iirc, a is nothing great, like 7 to 9 or so. Still is better with a int foggernaut than a non-int.

(This is @6)
0 0

Thank you very much for this explanation!

Have to try this and reskill my Str-Fogger (11x) on the Testserver to see it with my own eyes. This is something I really didn't know.

0 0