FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

What have you done to Xelors?

By the-nler - FORMER SUBSCRIBER - November 30, 2014, 02:37:02

I cant believe what the rework has led too... you made us damage dealers and removed our defense, our reliable mobility with flight, our AP buff for ourselves, our seeking lockers (Homing hand) and worse of all, mummyfication turned to crap. What are Xelor's supposed to be now?

So lets see, we can no longer escape locks with flight, we can no longer teleport on an empty cell, neither can we teleport far because its only 5 range, and counter's effect only works from 1 range, while most of our spells also got a range nerf?

So if we are supposed to fight in melee range, then give Xelor's one of the following things : Reduced AP cost on clock, some sort of healing, reduced damage skills (old mummyfication) damage buffs, or higher base damage.

If Xelor's are now meant to be stronger in mid range, then give us our old flight back. And for the love of god, we cant buff our own AP anymore?Are we supports now?

I would also like to know if its a bugg or not when we are mummified, we deal 0 damage.. it is ridiculous =_= I hoped for this rework to be as good as for Feca's and Eca's but Xelor's seem to be made even worse then before.

If i'm missing something that makes Xelor's absolutely awesome and strong, then please tell me below.

0 0
Reactions 8
Score : 7479

From what I gather, the thing you're missing is Telefrag.

Mummification now puts everyone in Telefrag and stops you dealing direct damage I think, yet it also deals omni damage to anyone in Telefrag state when you cast it.

Not played about with the new xel, they seem a bit complicated tbh, but... What would you rather they turn xels into? The AP removal (I do wonder how many different ways to replace a certain word Ner can come up...) was broken; OP as all hell in PvP, and pretty useless in high level PvM.

Also, if you teleport to the full 5 range, on top of someone, then you move another 5. So it's got 10 range at least. Plus, swapping then resets the CD on it I believe. So you could summon a cawwot, teleport, then teleport again, get up to 20 cells away. Not sure what the AP cost on teleport is, but I'd guess 2 or 3?

0 0
Score : 491

To be fair, I like the idea of a CC (Close Combat ) Mage, but as of now, they dont have the right tools to fight close, while most of their damage will come from close, so they need some sort of buff which I already explained.

And yes, if you teleport yourself with the enemy via your Dial you deal omni damage to them, but honestly, that is not as easy as you think it is, people can move away from the Dial, and xelor's range is poor, their mobility is poor and not direct, and their counter doesn't work so, you can run away from them and kill them from a far, or be an eca/feca and kill them in CC. We just need the tools to be able to survive thats it really.

0 0
Score : 7685

Because I promised:

Schmendrick|2014-06-01 16:37:15
the-nler|2014-06-01 15:46:23
So when are xelor changes finally coming?im tired of all these eca buffs, as if they were not broken enough, you have to give attention to Xelor's now!! we are tired of waiting.

They're coming sometime after the Feca changes, which, in turn, will be sometime after the Marketing and PR folks settle down and let the devs make major changes to the game again.

Also, once the changes happen (because you know darn well the changes will not just be a bunch of buffs to their existing playstyle, but will be a drastic change to the entire core of the class and how it plays), if you at any point thereafter say "This sucks! Change them back!", I will quote this post and laugh.

I'm quoting, and I'm laughing.

You got the revamp you wanted. Now you have to learn to play it.
4 0
Score : 5169

I dont even know what the spells do its all in french.
Homing hand just sits there doing nothing,saw a video of a xelor teleporting about 50 times before it did 3000
damage but dont see the point in that as you would be dead.
Some spells look glitchy and move monsters about then move the back so
dunno if my end is bugged or what as sometimes monsters dont even move.
Spell points i can put 378 in one stat, 2 in all others with 1000 plus spare.
Plus test server says i have no inventory so i cant even pay for zaap to dojo
even if i had equipment.
What does dial do now also?
Cant even get some spells from book to action slot.

0 0
Schmendrick|2014-11-30 06:47:36
Because I promised:

Schmendrick|2014-06-01 16:37:15
the-nler|2014-06-01 15:46:23
So when are xelor changes finally coming?im tired of all these eca buffs, as if they were not broken enough, you have to give attention to Xelor's now!! we are tired of waiting.

They're coming sometime after the Feca changes, which, in turn, will be sometime after the Marketing and PR folks settle down and let the devs make major changes to the game again.

Also, once the changes happen (because you know darn well the changes will not just be a bunch of buffs to their existing playstyle, but will be a drastic change to the entire core of the class and how it plays), if you at any point thereafter say "This sucks! Change them back!", I will quote this post and laugh.

I'm quoting, and I'm laughing.

You got the revamp you wanted. Now you have to learn to play it.

I am allowed to give my feedback if the mechanics dont work dont I ? I like the direction of a close ranged battle mage, but they cannot fight close without either high damage, damage reduction etc. I do know how the spells work now, and i am pretty sure xelor's cannot survive like this. They need the tip of the iceberg to be finished.
0 0
Score : 27370

This is the beta, it is by no means the finished Xelor product. Calm down and give Ankama some time to get their feedback and adjust the class accordingly.

0 0
Score : 4517

The outdated spell descriptions in beta client are not very helpful, but the Xelor devblog does explain the new effects of spells in detail.

0 0
Revil-Nunor|2014-11-30 19:44:15
This is the beta, it is by no means the finished Xelor product. Calm down and give Ankama some time to get their feedback and adjust the class accordingly.
Thats why I give my feedback before its finished! biggrin 
0 0
Respond to this thread