FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Beta

By everonedies - SUBSCRIBER - January 27, 2015, 15:47:33

Dear fellow Dofus players, moderators and possibly GMs,

When I try to log in on the test server, it says the server is unavailable, a couple of my friends have the same problem. Is there an update/maintenance going on? If not, what is going on and when might there be an update?

Greetings,

(Sol)Op-Bombs

0 0
First Ankama intervention

The inner workings of the Beta server (and you can learn more about that subject right here) are such that this server can go on long maintenances and be unavailable at basically any moment, for any amount of time.

Thus, if you are told upon login that the server is unavailable, then that's just it: the server is unavailable. We are under no obligation to tell you for how long.

Although it may seem harsh at first, there is a silver lining: usually, the Beta server being down means a new update on the works. So, you may expect some news about it in the coming weeks.

See message in context
Reactions 6

The inner workings of the Beta server (and you can learn more about that subject right here) are such that this server can go on long maintenances and be unavailable at basically any moment, for any amount of time.

Thus, if you are told upon login that the server is unavailable, then that's just it: the server is unavailable. We are under no obligation to tell you for how long.

Although it may seem harsh at first, there is a silver lining: usually, the Beta server being down means a new update on the works. So, you may expect some news about it in the coming weeks.

Score : 613

Seems extremely harsh and rather irrational... Why would there be no way of estimating the time that it may be finished like with the real server's maintenance?

0 0

Because that would be giving away the Beta's date, as well as the Update's (usually two to three weeks later). And we don't want to spoil that kind of thing.

Score : 2418

This perhaps might mean that the beta gets updatedbiggrin I will surely enjoy that.

0 0
Score : 27377
everonedies|2015-01-27 18:00:58
Seems extremely harsh and rather irrational... Why would there be no way of estimating the time that it may be finished like with the real server's maintenance?
Because if you give a timeline then you set yourself up for trouble later if something happens and you can't deliver the by the dates you promised.

Better to make no promises and let things happen as they may.
0 0
Score : 2418

The beta works now, for me.

0 0
Respond to this thread