FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Test Server modifications for 22/04

By Elusial April 24, 2009, 10:44:38

As per usual, the Spanish community have had the test server changes for 22/04 translated already over here. Since the English community never get these translations I took the liberty of copying a summarised translation Joim did on IV (Spanish to English) so you can all see how things are heading:

Eni:
Altruism heals correctly the caster (bugfix)

Sram:
Con no longer steals from players, just monsters

Osa:
Prespic has one extra cooldown at level 6, Mockery's casts per target per turn is 1 now. It's now 2 AP fixed instead of 1-2. Its wisdom is increased at all levels.
Resistance is no longer AoE. Duration from 12 to 7 turns in summons and 4 to 5 in allies.
Bear cry: no longer infinite, 11 turns now. Efefcts are increased from levels 1 to 5.
Gobball: Bite no longer applies the heavy state. It has a new spell with 3 turns cooldown that does it.

Moon Hammer nerf:
7 range at all levels

Dopples:
*Exp is risen
*Killing a Dopple now gives you 5 kamas per Dopple level (ie. lv 100 Dopple 500 kamas)
*Doploons can be changed for characteristic scrolls:
- 1 doploon of each dopple: 2 small scrolls
- 1 doploon of each dopple: 1 medium scroll
- 2 doploons of each dopple: 1 great scroll
- 5 doploons of each dopple: 1 powerful scroll
- 7 doploons of one dopple: 1 small scroll
- 14 doploons of one dopple: 1 medium scroll
- 28 doploons of one dopple: 1 great scroll
- 70 doploons of one dopple: 1 powerful scroll

*Osa dopple no longer uses whip from levels 20 to 80.
*Sram dopple uses tricky blow instead of fear now

Koolich Set nerf:
Ini, Summons and Vit bonuses have been replaced by heals, crits, pp, dmg and wisdom bonuses.

Monsters:
*Bworker: No longer uses punishment, rather Bwork Sanction and Bwork Correction.
Bwork Sanction works like old punishment (relative to bworker's hp). Correction is the inverse, damage deppending on the damage taken by Bworker.
So now he's fucking dangerous at both beginning and end of the battle. GG Ankama

Merchs:
-No longer 9999999 items to not to pay bug. Was solved.
-Tax is again 0,01%

There's some stuff on maging which hasn't been translated yet but it's not hugely important as Ankama change the maging system on the Test Server more frequently than they change their underwear.

Note: These changes only affect the Test Server. There are chances a lot of the changes probably will make it to the real server however it's by no means set in stone.
0 0
Reactions 35
Score : 3425

cheers happy

dopple change is interesting

although 70 days to get 12 powerfull scrolls is mayb a bit much

30-50?

edit:

didnt see the 5: 1 lol

0 0
Score : 3520

Thanks for this smile Hopefully soon we will have a solution to this translation problem!

MOD Bokze

0 0
Score : 9394
rossiscooler|2009-04-24 10:11:00
cheers happy

dopple change is interesting

although 70 days to get 12 powerfull scrolls is mayb a bit much

30-50?

edit:

didnt see the 5: 1 lol

Yeah. It's still 5 days for a powerful scroll though, while the same is obtainable in 30 minutes with strokens. But hey, it's a beginning.
0 0
Score : 3615

not that i play a sram but why nerf the con like that sad that always amused me.

con steals next to no kamas. what about george bowsh? that can steal up to 5000 a time. why isnt that nerfed if con is? the cra with bowsh/eni combo is very popular and people do this all the time to steal money. so surly this should have been first priority before con.

sorry is this has been nerfed already. i wasnt aware of that. so if bowsh has already been nerfed then ignore this ^^ its just im not aware that is has atm

also, i may be wrong but the money you steal from monsters... dont u get that at the end of the battle anyway? im sure ive seen when sram cons a monster till they get 0 money they also get 0 at the end of the battle.

on another note

osas stop moaning. they overpowered you way too much to start with. its not really THAT big of a nerf. its livable. you are still one of the best classes in the game. you will still pwn tongue

however i dont really get why they buff u then nerf you within like 2 month period lol

0 0
Score : 743

Thanks for posting this translation. I read about these changes a few days ago on the French forum, but lacked the confidence to post them here.

0 0
Score : 6418

The Bears' Cry and Gobball nerfs make me want to cry. I thought that they were taking away spells that add effects (like what they did to Wyrm and Crackler) to improve AI, this seems like a bit of a step backwards.

0 0
Score : 3789
Blazeron|2009-04-24 06:54:00
Yeah. It's still 5 days for a powerful scroll though, while the same is obtainable in 30 minutes with strokens. But hey, it's a beginning.

Eh, its a start as you say. I'm happy enough with the opportunity to earn them in this manner, for the most difficult scrolls at least. I just hope that they don't decide its too generous for earning scrolls via dopples and change it to 50 days for a powerful or some such.
0 0
Score : 1273

Seriously? So they enhance our summons so we'll use them, enhance our buffing capabilities so our summons, make Prespic worth it to level...then they cut that to shreds...lovely. Give them time, tofu won't steal agility, Dragofire's range will be reduced, Crackler will only steal AP on a critical hit...

So Bear's Cry, a staple in summoning Osas, loses it's drawing allure. Prespic, something they changed because it's single cast ability wasn't that great to the point where you had to get plenty of them out (or subset them with Cracklers), goes right back to being single cast. And it's cooldown is longer, wow...that's not familiar at all. And Natural Defense...thanks...really. Hooray for summons that aren't quite bright, in no way match the capabilities of an actual character worth their merit, and that are easily dealt with by characters who think further than one tactic. Oh, well...we still have Ghostly, PoC, Lashing, Crow...Spiritual Leash... There is always the option to become a Support/Attack Osa and neglect summons until it's decided what they are going to do. Sort of an Enirispa without self heal abilities.

It's great that dopples were improved, and Doploons are better...but from I'm seeing just this month, you can't really expect anything of it.

Got to love that Ankama, the train-wreck that never ends. This game will never be balanced as long as people keep yelling overpowered. Why adapt when you can just yell overpowered in pvp? Certainly changing your strategy, or (the frightening concept!) working as a team to accomplish what you can't do on your own is way out of the question.

0 0
Score : 3425

get a grip

bears cry 11 turns is more than enough

how many summons live 11 turns

0 0
Score : 1435
Blazeron|2009-04-24 13:54:00

Strokens are hugely dependant on your class, whether you're a PvP build and whether you get scrolls of people you can reach easily.

Dopples on the other hand are available to everyone and can be fought each day, every day. It's no way to scroll a character fully (it would take far too long of course) but it wasn't intended to be. It's a nice way to pick up some extra scrolls on the side. Even if you didn't need to scroll any characters you could hit the dopples every day. Then, at some point down the line, if you decide you want to make an alt, you've got a nice set of scrolls waiting for them already wink
0 0
Score : 2506

thanks for the translations! i'll give the test server a go later on. woot scrolls from dopples smile

0 0
Score : 1273
rossiscooler|2009-04-24 13:24:00
get a grip

bears cry 11 turns is more than enough

how many summons live 11 turns

Several if you know what you are doing. A properly maintained Gobball can go toe to toe with a Trool, prespic can last several turns as long as it stays out of range, same goes for tofu, Crackler has enough hp to last awhile against anything that doesn't target it's weakness. Many osas choose to summon a few assistants, and buff and maintain them. That infinite duration allowed them to increase their damage over time, sometimes making them able to match the attack abilities of an actual character...while at the same having the risk of losing all of that progress through unbewitchment, or that summon being defeated.

Suppose it goes in line with that no-more-infinite-durations. Forget I mentioned it; just remembering when part of Osa's charm was growing stronger as the fight progressed, preparing and learning summon behaviour in situations. Everyone's spells and roles have tinkered with, why not Osa, right?
0 0
Score : 9394
Elusial|2009-04-24 19:03:00
Strokens are hugely dependant on your class, whether you're a PvP build and whether you get scrolls of people you can reach easily.

Dopples on the other hand are available to everyone and can be fought each day, every day. It's no way to scroll a character fully (it would take far too long of course) but it wasn't intended to be. It's a nice way to pick up some extra scrolls on the side. Even if you didn't need to scroll any characters you could hit the dopples every day. Then, at some point down the line, if you decide you want to make an alt, you've got a nice set of scrolls waiting for them already wink

Dude, strokens are much easier to get, i tell you. All these PvMers simply don't have any chance. And even the PvPers are easy if you got a proper tweak build.
0 0
Score : 1999

It's nice to get bounties on people doing PvM that aren't prepared to fight another player. It's a shame that PvM-targets will become fewer and fewer as the idiots learn how to turn off their wings.

0 0
Score : 3343

It will be nice when you won't need wings to get to all places and resources in the game.

0 0
Blazeron|2009-04-24 22:15:00
Dude, strokens are much easier to get, i tell you. All these PvMers simply don't have any chance. And even the PvPers are easy if you got a proper tweak build.

Dude, strokens aren't much easier to get, I tell you.

Simply contradicting something doesn't really prove anything, provide some reasoning next time. Kindly explain how a level 174 Feca is supposed to gain so many strokens in such a short amount of time? Previous to the update Fecas were in the top-tier of PvP and I found I could beat nearly anyone in my level range by playing smart enough. After the update I've run into plenty of occasions where there was simply absolutely nothing I could do to prevent a loss.
0 0
Score : 772

Well, this will be the update that "breaks the camel's back". I no longer see any need to maintain 3 accounts since they are just making them all the same anyway. There is no longer any significance of being an Osa vice a Sram vice a Feca. We all basically do the same stuff now.

They say they are not forcing PvP - and yet just look at natural resist. They reduce it for when you are alone, but actually increase it when in a team. For the person who made the comment "11 turns is more than enough, summons don't live that long" - then why change it in the first place? And yes, you are correct - summons don't usually live that long in PvP. But when fighting monster battles that take 1/2 hr, summons will and that is when we need the infinite duration on bear cry.

Disabling Con in PvP is unjustified. Srams ARE THEIVES ... they are supposed to steal and anyone who gets into a battle with them should be prepared for that.

0 0
Score : 3209
Elusial|2009-04-25 03:58:00
Dude, strokens aren't much easier to get, I tell you.

Simply contradicting something doesn't really prove anything, provide some reasoning next time. Kindly explain how a level 174 Feca is supposed to gain so many strokens in such a short amount of time? Previous to the update Fecas were in the top-tier of PvP and I found I could beat nearly anyone in my level range by playing smart enough. After the update I've run into plenty of occasions where there was simply absolutely nothing I could do to prevent a loss.

Check the sellrooms and compare prices.
You are just out of luck with your particular class and build.
0 0
Nikto|2009-04-25 23:57:00
Check the sellrooms and compare prices.
You are just out of luck with your particular class and build.

Which is exactly what I've been saying. You can't come out with arguments like "Characteristic scrolls from doploons are kinda silly because you can get the same in 30 mins from strokens" when clearly it's hugely dependent on your class and build.
0 0
Respond to this thread