FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

player killers on Heroic Server?!

By polecamsie September 30, 2008, 16:37:40

i was just buying some presp set in bonta sr when i got aggro ganged! i was neutral alligment and had 50lvl;/ ofcrs i died and lost items and lvl. no knight appeard as "The defence mechanism carried out by knights is now active in all neutrally aligned zones (in a zone which could potentially become aligned, but which does not have a prism, for example)". im not playing on heroic server just to be killed by some fu... gangers when i least expect it and when im neutral ali! if i want pvp fight i would get wings and turn them on! is this "problem" going to be solved or stay as it is? i lost my time and had fun there but now im just disappointedsad on heroic servers option to aggres nautral players should be disabled.

0 0
Reactions 227
Score : 2990

well, obviously bonta is not neutral, is bontarian...
and you may know that if you are out of neutral place you can be aggro, which makes, in my opinion, the game more fun biggrin

0 0
Score : 1851

Since that is exactly what Heroic Server is made for, I don't comprehend your complaint.

Heroic Server AKA Bullies R Us Server is made so that players kill other players without regard to levels or alignment in order to acquire their kamas and gear.

0 0
Score : 498
Citation
polecamsie :
i was just buying some presp set in bonta sr when i got aggro ganged! i was neutral alligment and had 50lvl;/ ofcrs i died and lost items and lvl. no knight appeard as "The defence mechanism carried out by knights is now active in all neutrally aligned zones (in a zone which could potentially become aligned, but which does not have a prism, for example)". im not playing on heroic server just to be killed by some fu... gangers when i least expect it and when im neutral ali! if i want pvp fight i would get wings and turn them on! is this "problem" going to be solved or stay as it is? i lost my time and had fun there but now im just disappointedsad on heroic servers option to aggres nautral players should be disabled.

i totally agree with you.. think about it, there is a guy with lv80-90 and agressing everyone to get their kamas and items, is that logical ? aggressing to neutral players should be removed, otherwise many players will be pissed
0 0
Score : 2447

That kind of death will probably encourage more people to quit the server. Being killed by monsters may be disappointing, but I know that I'll rally my lvl one dudes and start again. Being aggressed off the server will keep me off the server.

0 0
Score : 3781

People knew the conditions of Heroic Server before making their character there. Everyone starting a character on that server was informed that character death lead to the loss of their levels, worn gear, and carried kama. There is no basis for complaint. For those that find these conditions too harsh, they should play on one of the many regular servers provided. If they wish to stay on the Heroic Server despite them, they will have to learn to survive in a hostile environment.

It is quite logical that a level 80 - 90 person would aggress those of lower level to steal their goods and kama. When one has their choice of targets, why choose one that may be difficult to defeat? Clearly it is more logical to assail the weak, sell their gear to other weak persons, and then eventually attack the buyers as well.

What amazes me as that those that chose to play on the server didn't anticipate that gangs of brigands would quickly arise, taking advantage of the ability to steal from others. Dofus has always had a "might makes right" philosophy, that the Heroic Server is the best illustration of to date. Players that embrace that philosophy will have been attracted to it like moths to a flame. This should have been obvious to all.

0 0
Score : 89

Same thing happened to me, Its just how they make there money. Dont go to bonta again unless you're bonta aligned smile

0 0
Score : 319

i would recommend staying in astrub, sure its not even a quick fix but, but there's a better chance of survival until ur stronger
with 3x xp training on crackrocks until lvl 100 shouldnt be too hard, might take a while but its better to b safe than sorry, really sorry....
i'd recommend putting everything that you dont need in your bank

0 0
Score : 1024
Citation
KA-Dofus :

Citation
What amazes me as that those that chose to play on the server didn't anticipate that gangs of brigands would quickly arise, taking advantage of the ability to steal from others. Dofus has always had a "might makes right" philosophy, that the Heroic Server is the best illustration of to date. Players that embrace that philosophy will have been attracted to it like moths to a flame. This should have been obvious to all.

I have been playing the game since it launched, and it was not "obvious" to me at all! 0.0

While it is true that neutrals have always been theoretically, more at risk outside of Astrub, in practice, they are generally safe, because there is no benefit to attacking them, and nothing was ever lost.

It simply never occured to me, after all this time, that I would be aggro'd in Bonta. It was quite a shock. ={

It takes a different mind-set to anticipate all the ways the new rules, can mess with our game strategy. And for me, personally, the more I experience Heroic, the less charm it has. =P

And I think it is a good idea, polecamsie brought it up, here on the forums, for anyone else, who had not considered the possibility. Maybe we can save the lives of a few neutrals. ;D
0 0
Score : 155

I think its lame that someone can agro a neutral on this server.. I had no clue that you could even agro others and when I checked the militia the npc had no option to join an alignment.. seems like they added pvp after the fact. I play on that server for pvm, if I wanted pvp I would join an alignment.. that option (to pvp) should be choice on that server and not thrust upon people in such a manner.

0 0
Score : 85

call me naive but i belived that on heroic server agro of neutrals players or ali players with wings off will be banned or somtin. for me if i dont have wings turned on means that im not ready to pvp. but on any other server than heroic this matter was not important. on heroic i think its most important now. turning wings on means that u r ready to be killed but also to kill others and obtain their items. giving players option to agro others without wings on will lead to 1) domination of a group of players(they will simply kill any others that they dont likesmile) and level gap between them and lower lvls, 2) neutral players will be forced to choose side and, i think, that side will be stronger one if they dont want to be killed instantly and if they wont choose side they will be forced to stay on neutral territory - that means lower exp (see level gap) and worse drops as most of good monsters are located on aligment territory, 3) in time complete extermination of other(weaker) alligment as no one will choose it and that leads to no pvp fights at all.

0 0
Score : 1851

You are all pointing out NOW the exact problems I kept telling people, since the announcement of the server, would occur when they opened the server. The problems were extremely obvious to anyone who actually THOUGHT about it instead of going 'oh cool! Heroic!'

When you have a system where it is legal to kill people to steal their stuff and money, you will have a huge influx of people who Like to PK as well as those people that wouldn't do it normally, but will now that it is encouraged.

IMO, anyone who did not realize this would happen, was either very young, or deliberately naive.

0 0
Score : 370

This very issue of PK'ing is why I have quit other MMOG's in the past. I can't stand the strong killing and stealing from those that are just trying to play and have fun, especially if they are just starting out. Fortunately for me I can still play on my regular server and not have to deal with PK'ers. I think going around killing every lower level char you can find just to steal what small amount of money/items they have is just wrong. It takes away from the fun of people either just starting out or trying a new character. The kind of PK'ing that the OP is talking about should be banned.

0 0
Score : 2990

edit: thats what ka-dofus said, the server is supposed to be like that...

who dont like it is free to play normal servers

0 0
Citation
The-Stickman :
The kind of PK'ing that the OP is talking about should be banned.

There is no reason it should be banned. Those acting as brigands are not breaking any rules. The server was set up as a dog eat dog, best man for himself, might makes right environment. People were informed of that before they chose to make characters there.

The players that couldn't figure out that:

• You die when you're slain + The one that slays gets your kama and items + The aligned can slay you in aggression = The strong shall align and prey on the weak

were incredibly naive.

Heroic Server was set up to be a cruel, cruel world where only the strongest can survive, either alone with great strength, or in groups of lesser individual strength that make up a greater whole. It was not made for those that don't wish to compete in such a savage environment.

Those that do not wish to play under such harsh conditions should follow your example, and confine their play to regular servers. Those that do wish to play under such harsh conditions should not be penalized for following the rules all agreed to by making a character on it.
0 0
Score : 498

Let's all make a group and agress neutral people in bontarian alignment places, maybe that way ankama will get more complaints and remove aggressing to neutral players, noone is playing this game to waste their time by a stupid guy and lose everything, its fair if u lose to a monster... but come on you are neutral! it means you don't want to have wings and be pushed by some idiots

0 0
Score : 402

Aggressing Neutrals is lame. It's a major flaw in the game play.

If you're one of the ~20% of players who aligned, and one of the ~2-3% who did it for reasons other then Rice and Pandkin, then thats great for you. But no one should be forced into this lame PVP Conquest BS. If they wanted to make it fair, then Neutrals should have the ability to aggress as well. But that would completely ruin the game, rather then the current setup that only partially ruins the game.

And it's the main reason why I won't be wasting any of my time on the so-called "Heroic" Server. I don't mind "risking it all", but that's a very different thing from getting robbed blind.

0 0
Citation
-zeusek- :
If they wanted to make it fair, then Neutrals should have the ability to aggress as well.

Actually, for the Heroic Server, the ability for Neutrals to aggress would make good sense. In such a hostile world, even the Neutral would be inclined to be wary; ready to greet strangers with weapon in hand rather then wait for a similar welcome. However, in such a world Neutrals would be considered strong enough to look after their own affairs, gaining the ability to aggress... but losing Knight protection.

The aligned would have the advantage of alignment bonuses, but be restricted to aggressing Neutrals and the enemy alignment. Those that are Neutral could aggress anyone, but would have no alignment bonuses and be unable to enter alignment territories. That would shake things up a bit. *chuckles*

Anyway... good luck "heroes". Make sure your friend has your back... and that his sword is pointed elsewhere.
0 0
Score : 155

no, the server WAS NOT like that when it started.. you couldn't join an alignment till after one of the updates.. then they suddenly changed the rules and people were getting aggressed out of the blue. If this had been the way it was from the get go then great, but it wasn't.

and to the bont level 6x idiot that lost to the level 3x neutral at the jeweler's sellroom.. HAHA! sucks to be you.

0 0
Citation
CoolNickName :
no, the server WAS NOT like that when it started.. you couldn't join an alignment till after one of the updates.. then they suddenly changed the rules and people were getting aggressed out of the blue. If this had been the way it was from the get go then great, but it wasn't.

That just means there was peace so everyone had a chance to get their footing, and then war broke out.

After all, the web page flogging the server does specifically mention players getting the equipment of those that they slay. Its kind of hard to kill others if you can't aggress them to begin with.
0 0
Respond to this thread