FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Solutions by Lampray; Admins should read.

By Krenshaw October 07, 2008, 14:06:14

I have been long known by people for fixing problems that exsist on games. I since I have played Oto Mustam, I have found that you have put no effort, really, into Oto Mustam. All you did was jack up the xp and drop rates and extend loot collection. This is great. However, you have overlooked the main function of the communities by doing so. I have come up with simple solutions to fix your economy issues on Oto Mustam.

1. You need to rethink the pvp system and fix it so that level 10's cannot be aggressed by level 40's. Or, multiple level 40's, as the case may be. How do you do this? Simple, you add a level difference cap between the neutral players. I would think that a level difference up to 5 - 10 levels would be accurate. Make it so that a level 20 cannot aggress anything less than 10 levels of his own level. Also, fix the ganging solution. Total party must fall within that 10 level gap. I don't know why your development team did not think of this. I seriously hope you are not paying them.

2. Remove item level cap on Astrub market, creating an equal economy between all factions, neutral, Bonta, and Brakmar. Some people just prefer not to align at all. You, as a provider should respect that aspect of your customers. After all, they pay your bills.

If you don't want to go through the trouble of creating a new individual pvp system for 'special case' servers, then you need to start everyone off at max level to create equality. I mean, unless you planned not to give people equal opportunity. And if so, why don't you just say it? "We don't give a shit about our players as long as they keep paying the bills.". I expect more out of you as an entertainment provider, and I'm sure other customers/players would agree. I'm sure I can suggest other games by others companies for them to play that have already addressed these issues and have a community that is alot more stable.

This forum is open to other people's possible solutions or comments.
Anyone attempting to troll, be obscenely rude, or trash anyone else's opinions will be removed.

0 0
Reactions 13
Score : 415

good point memorizing lvl`s pretty unbalanced that lvl 90 can attack 40... should be limit like +10/-10 lvls or smlt

and handsome point at absturb markets...as i said many times it`s unfinished ....look how many people quited becouse of IT...thats the problem.

0 0
Score : 3781
Citation
Krenshaw :
I have been long known by people for fixing problems that exsist on games.

That's nice.
Citation
1. You need to rethink the pvp system and fix it so that level 10's cannot be aggressed by level 40's. Or, multiple level 40's, as the case may be. How do you do this? Simple, you add a level difference cap between the neutral players. I would think that a level difference up to 5 - 10 levels would be accurate. Make it so that a level 20 cannot aggress anything less than 10 levels of his own level. Also, fix the ganging solution. Total party must fall within that 10 level gap. I don't know why your development team did not think of this. I seriously hope you are not paying them.

These changes are not needed, overly constraining, too artificial, and go against the spirit of the server.
Citation
2. Remove item level cap on Astrub market, creating an equal economy between all factions, neutral, Bonta, and Brakmar. Some people just prefer not to align at all. You, as a provider should respect that aspect of your customers. After all, they pay your bills.

I'd be more inclined to place markets in Sufokia, expand that city to full size, and make it the Neutral city... but either could work. The customers should respect that Ankama wishes to provide a single server giving a different play experience among a host of many others. After all, they created the game.
Citation
If you don't want to go through the trouble of creating a new individual pvp system for 'special case' servers, then you need to start everyone off at max level to create equality. I mean, unless you planned not to give people equal opportunity. And if so, why don't you just say it? "We don't give a shit about our players as long as they keep paying the bills.".

They already started out equal, at level one, and they all had equal opportunity. Some just did more with that opportunity than others. Your proposal of starting all at 200 is simply silly.
Citation
I expect more out of you as an entertainment provider, and I'm sure other customers/players would agree. I'm sure I can suggest other games by others companies for them to play that have already addressed these issues and have a community that is alot more stable.

I expect more from the community. Each player should know the server conditions they are prepared to play under, and select the server from the many available that matches his preference, rather than try to make one unique server match him.

If you're so enamoured by the games of other companies then by all means, do not tarry... feel free to go and play those games that "get it" so much better. One does have to wonder though. If they are so much better, why are you here? In any case, I highly doubt that Ankama is starving for subscribers, or suffering from instability.

They could make a couple of changes:

• They could allow Neutrals to aggro so they can protect themselves more adequately on a hostile server.
  • They could provide an option to those that win aggros to either slay the loser or let him live, taking his possessions whichever option they choose.

That's all that need be done to level the playing field, and give the somewhat merciful the ability to be less punitive with their aggressions, yet doesn't turn Heroic into essentially another server with just minor tweaks.
Citation
This forum is open to other people's possible solutions or comments.

No kidding.
Citation
Anyone attempting to troll, be obscenely rude, or trash anyone else's opinions will be removed.

Yeah, you get right on that. ~laughs~
0 0
Score : 117

Actually, it's not hard, just report the posts to the moderators. You should read up on that sometime. And, no your solutions don't create a substantial balance on the server. Your 'brilliant' ideas still lack to touch on the fact that eventually, the land grab will extend to the outside of Astrub.
What then?
Will Ankama stand by and let people be killed on the way to field dungeon, with no adequate way to defend themselves? Of course, you're probably one of the many who like to stake out the militias and prevent people from aligning to give them a fair chance. Heroic? I think not.
Heroism is commiting an act of bravery, not stupidity, and certainly not slaughtering people who obviously can't protect themselves.
Would you call Adolf Hitler a hero? I think not.
And before you think, before you type some long winded speech that you're so assured of. Look up Lampray in the Hero graveyard, tell me how often I've been killed.
Better yet, I'll save you the trouble, zero. I have not been pk'ed. But I know a bad idea when I see one.
I move for inacting the level difference cap, or renaming it from Heroic Server to Slaughter House Server.
There is absolutely -nothing at all- 'heroic' about it.

0 0
Citation
Krenshaw :
Actually, it's not hard, just report the posts to the moderators. You should read up on that sometime.

You should spend more time working on your proposals rather than trying to be a pseudo-moderator. Then they might have more quality, and been more useful.
Citation
And, no your solutions don't create a substantial balance on the server. Your 'brilliant' ideas still lack to touch on the fact that eventually, the land grab will extend to the outside of Astrub.
What then?
Will Ankama stand by and let people be killed on the way to field dungeon, with no adequate way to defend themselves? Of course, you're probably one of the many who like to stake out the militias and prevent people from aligning to give them a fair chance. Heroic? I think not.

If they are bright, they will do as little as possible, and let the server develop as it will. Any interference undermines the philosophy of the server that was its selling point from the beginning.
Citation
Heroism is commiting an act of bravery, not stupidity, and certainly not slaughtering people who obviously can't protect themselves.

Your concept of heroism and heroic is too narrow. Heroic can mean larger-than-life, of epic proportion, boldness and daring. It isn't confined to concepts more at home with those in tights and capes.
Citation
Would you call Adolf Hitler a hero? I think not.

Personally, I don't call him anything, except long since dead. I call this reference to him nothing but a pitiful attempt to distract from the lack of merit in most of your suggestions and that of the post I am currently responding to in general.

It was also somewhat tasteless, way over the top for the issue at hand, and potentially hurtful to forum readers that might have suffered real losses stemming from that time. Is this part of your general routine, along with "saving the day" for games?
Citation
And before you think, before you type some long winded speech that you're so assured of. Look up Lampray in the Hero graveyard, tell me how often I've been killed.
Better yet, I'll save you the trouble, zero. I have not been pk'ed. But I know a bad idea when I see one.

If I were you, I wouldn't be too quick to evaluate the thoughts of others when your proposals are so lacking. Your number of deaths on Heroic is totally irrelevant to the topic at hand. I do suppose it filled the "tooting your own horn" quota for your post though. Congratulations.
Citation
I move for inacting the level difference cap, or renaming it from Heroic Server to Slaughter House Server.
There is absolutely -nothing at all- 'heroic' about it.

I move for people reading the rules of a server before joining it, rather them joining it and then trying to force it to adapt to their ideals. The server it heroic, its just not the kind of heroism associated with X-Ray vision, and utility belts.

Don't forget to report my post for *gasp* disagreeing with you.
0 0
Score : 117

And, still you avoid the actual topic. Creating equality on a server supposedly 'heroic'. Do you often attack people's forums in attempt to feed your own ego? Too cock-sure to look at the actuality of it?
Let the server develop as it will? So, essentially, you're proposing to let the server go down the drain, as it is beginning to? Of course, I wouldn't expect you to notice the changes.
Probably busy picking off defenseless neutrals. Afraid that if the server actually changed, you'd be SOL, having people your own level trying to take you out. Am I right? More than likely.
It is people like you that destroy a good thing. Tell me, where are the level 60+ Sword smiths? Have you tried to find one? Where are the numerous smithmaguses? They don't exsist. Why? Hm, I don't expect you to think too far into the well being of the server.
Happy with the fact that you can easily walk around, killing off people lower level than you, and if by chance you aggro the wrong person, hey... You've got 7 friends to back you up.
I've seen it all. I have avoided it quite well. How? Because I know how people think. Fueled by greed and pompous attitudes, happy if they can find some way, somehow, to prove they are better than someone else.
I applaud those who don't aggro so carelessly, with little regard to the well being of the economy so that they can participate in a functional game that will suit there own well being, as well.

0 0
Citation
Krenshaw :
And, still you avoid the actual topic. Creating equality on a server supposedly 'heroic'. Do you often attack people's forums in attempt to feed your own ego? Too cock-sure to look at the actuality of it?

Please pay attention. The Heroic Server isn't about equality, and never was. It's about "might makes right", the absolute opposite of contrived equality. Since when does posting one's opinion on a forum constitute an attack? I am fully able to see the actuality of it, and find it unfortunate that you can not.
Citation
Let the server develop as it will? So, essentially, you're proposing to let the server go down the drain, as it is beginning to? Of course, I wouldn't expect you to notice the changes.

No, I'm proposing they let it develop as it will. Your tactic of trying to change the meaning of my words to fit your agenda is transparent and weak.
Citation
Probably busy picking off defenseless neutrals. Afraid that if the server actually changed, you'd be SOL, having people your own level trying to take you out. Am I right? More than likely.

What you are is being demonstrative of your matchless tendency for assumption, though many do confuse that with being right.
Citation
It is people like you that destroy a good thing. Tell me, where are the level 60+ Sword smiths? Have you tried to find one? Where are the numerous smithmaguses? They don't exsist. Why? Hm, I don't expect you to think too far into the well being of the server.

It is a "good thing" because it is a different thing. If you can't handle the difference, I suggest you make room for those that can. Anyone that started playing on the server thinking there was a serious prospect for enduring achievement is on a fool's errand.
Citation
Happy with the fact that you can easily walk around, killing off people lower level than you, and if by chance you aggro the wrong person, hey... You've got 7 friends to back you up.

I'm happy with the fact that the sever is providing exactly what it said it would, so that those who play on it get what was advertised. That is, after all, what they went there for. If it isn't they went to the wrong place.
Citation
I've seen it all. I have avoided it quite well. How? Because I know how people think. Fueled by greed and pompous attitudes, happy if they can find some way, somehow, to prove they are better than someone else.

Do you want a medal for seeing the obvious? What did you expect on a server for which they billed slaying others to steal their possessions as a feature.
Citation
I applaud those who don't aggro so carelessly, with little regard to the well being of the economy so that they can participate in a functional game that will suit there own well being, as well.

I applaud those that do what they will on a server designed for players to do what they will.
0 0
Score : 7

Funnily enough, in my eyes you are both right. However you are also both wrong.

Although the 'Heroic' Server is largely a "might makes right" place, it does not mean it cannot be changed, or that it must stay that way. All it requires is some thought, and some small changes to the rules. Both of the suggestions you both brought forward would seriously impact the Player Killing that has broken out, thanks to the aggroe system and the petty thieves using it to their advantage.

KA-Dofus. You are right that it is very mush a 'Might is Right' society, however as said above that can and will change. If it doesnt eventually people will quit, fearing that hours of there dedication could be wiped out instantly, with no thought and no regard for the their wishes or their time. If you look at the evidence, this is already happening. Before it would take 10 to 20 minutes to get in the game, with anywhere between 1000 and 4000 people in front of you as they wait eagerly to join in this triple xp and drops. however those people must have decided that time on this server was wasted time, as they all seem to have left, for it only takes a few seconds to enter this server. Yes, this server will eventually become nothing but one man, standing over all. With nothing and noone around him. For he will have killed his friends to ensure that his character survives. To ensure that all the time he has put into this game wont be deleted. IF the server continues the way it is, noone will return.

Krenshaw. Your ideas are for the wrong server. To much restricting will result in Oto Mustam to become yet another normal server, but with extra xp and drops. I believe that restrictions are needed to be put in place, but they need to be more... gentle. For example, choosing the fate of your adversary is one of the best ideas this game has thought of. Imagine holding power over your foe, to let him live, and strip him of all his items. Or to kill him, destroying all he has worked for. This could set up an interesting war between the 3 factions. Assassinations could take place, heroism could be realised. All of it based on revenge. For who would let someone who defeated them live? Not I, for I know he would return and return, killing me again and again, just for items he could gain a more peaceful route.

Infact, that is what this game needs. Politics. A server where war could be raged. A server where brakmarians and bontarians could finally settle who is the stronger. A server where all actions by a faction could result in death of many people characters...
But I digress.... such things are unlikely to happen in a game dominated by people who believe that as long as they are a higher level, they can be the ones who push you around. Such a brilliant game this would turn out to be, if these things could happen. If it pulled gamers into actually making an idea such as mine a reality.

This is what I believe the Heroic Server, Oto Mustam, was created for. To encit war. To make those strongest lead, and to become heroes of a battle where death is permanent.

Before you try to find out wether I am biased towards one side, i will say one thing, this is an alt account i created for the forums, after this 'Heroic Server' was brought out, just for this reason. To stop the quarrel that would come out of this server and to keep this server alive.

0 0
Score : 49

HobbitForce, I like your thoughts. Something needs to be done and you have made some good suggestions. I do agree though that if nothing is done I don't think the server will continue to be very popular.

0 0
Score : 402

I think they should use a more aggressive system of Knights to defend in neutral aggressions. But only in the cities, along established roads, and in/around dungeons. And maybe even in some of the popular plains where mats are harvested. Pretty much in the areas where you would expect knights to defend the land. Only in the outskirts and in the forests can gangs attack and kill random adventurers without attracting the attention of the local militia and knights. I also think they should re-institute the dishonor point system and make it so you can become wanted by the militia if you commit too many crimes against innocent players.

They should try and make it more fair, but also more realistic at the same time.

0 0
Score : 155

I like the market ideas, since its p2p only on the server I see no reason to limit the astrub markets.
As for knights and alignments, just get rid of alignments and open the agro system to everyone or give neutrals better knights or take away the ability to agress them.
The allow to live/kill option would be interesting.
and I think they should allow multi-clienters to defend themselves in agressions with all their clients.. not attack with more than one, just defend.

0 0
Score : 85

Krenshaw i totally agree with ur opinion about heroic server. u spared me some writing, ty;]

my suggestion is: for me heroic server is made for war so why r there any neutrals players?they r unnecessary and used as food for ali players. only place where u r neutral is incarnam and when u go to astrub a msg pops out: "choose your ali - brak - bonta". but this idea may lead to lower population of one ali. solution: some artificial control over aligment - where there r too many bontas u can only become brak and vice versa - and/or: make some areas (dungeons would be good, but not only) permanently aligned (if they r braks they cannot be taken by bonta) - only ppl with that ali can hunt there so both sides r needed for all items to be present on server.

one more: as there r no neutral players knight system is not needed, but astrub (and maybe some surroundings) still remains neutral but u cannot aggres any1 that has no wings turned on there. market idea is ok too;]

0 0
Score : 621

Whomever had said they need to make the Knights more agressive and stronger. I aggree fully, Ankama screwed the Knights over really, no jump, 250 life. My Iop could clean kill it w/o getting hit.

I also aggree with HobbitForce. By the way, how come Asturb has a Lvl cap for items... We're all P2P so why can't it be 200 max? I see no harm in that. But if you come up with a valid reason, then Okay. Lols. XD

0 0
HobbitForce|2008-10-19 11:01:00
Infact, that is what this game needs. Politics. A server where war could be raged. A server where brakmarians and bontarians could finally settle who is the stronger. A server where all actions by a faction could result in death of many people characters...

But I digress.... such things are unlikely to happen in a game dominated by people who believe that as long as they are a higher level, they can be the ones who push you around. Such a brilliant game this would turn out to be, if these things could happen. If it pulled gamers into actually making an idea such as mine a reality.

This is what I believe the Heroic Server, Oto Mustam, was created for. To encit war. To make those strongest lead, and to become heroes of a battle where death is permanent.

Politics and other complex interactions will never evolve on a PK server. They would only develop on a RP server, as such involvement with character and story, organization of that scale, and putting alignment advancement ahead of personal gain is not something most PK oriented players have an affinity for. The only thing PK servers will lead to is indiscriminate mole-whacking with the biggest hammers that can be acquired.
0 0
Respond to this thread