FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Heroic Server: closing temporarily

By February 02, 2009, 18:49:33

Because of the attacks presently sustained by the servers (we will spare you the technical details but know that they are done with malicious intent) and the prejudice caused to players on the Heroic Server, we have decided to close access to this server for the time being, until a permanent solution to this problem has been found.

Subscribed players that have a character on Oto Mustam and have played recently and who will be blocked in their progression, will see their subscription lengthened by as many days as they will not have access to the server.

Players who choose to continue to play, but on other servers, are profiting from their subscription during these dark days, and thus will not be eligible for this extension (since they are using their subscription time elsewhere.)

When the server reopens:

• Time will go on in the World of Twelve starting from the backup at 11:45 on Saturday, January 31, 2009.
  • All the missing subscription gifts will be returned.
  • In addition to the subscription extension already promised, all the players who played during the last weekend of January will receive 2 days of additional subscription during the weekend following the server's reopening.
  • For the reopening the XP will be doubled (for the professions and other things which benefit from XP, it will be equally multiplied) that will last for the entire weekend following the server's reopening.
  • [*]During the week following the reopening of the server, pets will not lose HP, so you will be able to feed them normally.
    0 0
    Reactions 35
    Score : 155

Great update, and good decision in my opinion!

Good luck with resolving the attacks and thanks for keeping us informed!

0 0
    Score : 3614
    space-hopper|2009-02-02 18:56:00
    Great update, and good decision in my opinion!

Good luck with resolving the attacks and thanks for keeping us informed!

that double xp... im current on x6 xp. does that mean ill get x12 or x9?
    0 0
    Score : 7

Are you saying there will be ANOTHER rollback? Is this really necessary? We just lost 2 days and now we lose this whole afternoon since the reset at noon today, as well? Why? At least save our progress from this afternoon, please. sad

Something else to add... dragoturkey pragnancies keep on counting throughout the entire offline time, and if they are never checked on for a week they will miscarry. This is a HUGE problem for breeders, also the fact that with a rollback you might not get that lucky baby again... this is something that cannot be mended by simply playing more later on, if the lottery jackpot is gone its gone.
    0 0
    Score : 3001

How sad. Was just coming back after some days without subscription and this...

0 0
    Score : 500

i was lv100 yesterday, 78 today, and 70 when it opens. nice process.. oh i am not adding i am losing a lot of items and kamas..

0 0
    Score : 317

Ignore Tumay, he's just being angry 'cuz he's gonna lose everything and won't be able to get the 12x xp
    I will help him however, as always and I believe he will be satisfied.
    Just don't mind him tongue he's a bit pissed

I think it's a nice idea too, but this is a serious problem and should get solved totally, once and for all.
    If it happens again it may cause more trouble then this time.
    Like in Tumays case.. He got like 40lvs (he was 11X) and now will be down lvlded all that and he won't get the chance to
    use the advantage of 6x xp + 6x xp (higher lv death)

~ Heal ~

0 0

well guys what are they supposed to do.

personally i think this is a very good offer.

If they didn't close the server then we would end up investing time and effort in levelling etc only to have a high risk of that being completely wasted by requiring another rollback due to the ongoing attacks on the servers.

This way once the server comes back we will be able to play knowing full well that all the effort we put in will count for something, and to top it all off you'll be able to get over twice as much done in the same time due to the increase in xp.

and before you puck me up on it.. i did say OVER twice as much, simply because a significant duration of time spent levelling is "dead time" used when you have to find mobs. As you only need to find half as many mobs you have a significant increase in your xp/hour ratio which is over and above that of the 2x added to the base calculations.

pity drop rates aren't doubled too, but that would just cause an insane increase in the number of hard drops/dofus etc and probably ruin the economy..

overall I think it's a good call and probably the best solution available short of a full database cleanse.. and they're just too painful!

0 0
    Score : 911

And When does Server will be available? If you know exact date.

0 0
    Score : 500
    space-hopper|2009-02-02 19:40:00
    If they didn't close the server then we would end up investing time and effort in levelling etc only to have a high risk of that being completely wasted by requiring another rollback due to the ongoing attacks on the servers.

they could have done it earlier, or just restore deaths only. when i was lv119, there was a rollback again and i got back to lv117 and then i died on 118. and now i was just trying to get it back, just leveled to 99 last night, and when the server opens i will be like lv60 again.. sorry cant calm down about it
    0 0
    Tumay|2009-02-02 19:44:00
    they could have done it earlier, or just restore deaths only. when i was lv119, there was a rollback again and i got back to lv117 and then i died on 118. and now i was just trying to get it back, just leveled to 99 last night, and when the server opens i will be like lv60 again.. sorry cant calm down about it

so if you died on 118.... and your unhappy about going back to 60... sorry i don't get it i'd be happy that i didn't have to get those first 60 levels tongue

Edit: AAAHHHHHHH now i get you.. you went 1-99 by last night.. yeah that's definitely an ouch

anyway, database cleanses, and writing/testing/running procedures like that to reset only the dead chars and only the dead chars that died as a result of lag and not stupidity and all of the trades they may have done, and the drops they got/sold is a BIG task, trust me DB migrations is part of my day job...

just running that job could take like 8 hours maybe more depending on the database size and how powerful the servers are etc. and that's not including the months the procedure would take to develop and test properly.. I know it sounds simple but it's really not..

In light of the situation and the fact that it isn't even their fault I think we should cut the guys a bit of slack and be grateful for the package they are offering us...

if it was a fault on their fault then maybe get mad at them, but it's not and we should get mad with the guys attacking our servers not the people trying to repel the attacks.

well i've said my peace no more from me on this subject smile
    0 0
    Score : 419

nice, me and my friend lost 100kk each and 6 sets of gobball..... we were rich....... this morning when i saw my characters.....well i though"there goes 2 days of hard work" thanks a lot for this rollback.... stop with this rollbacks please they only get people angry angry

0 0

Some get angry.. Some don't...
    Why do you keep aggro ppl? No wonder you are rich.
    Those ppl will get happy getting back their things but you get angry.
    Look at me, I have no problems at all. I will get only 1 Lv down and also my main get's restored from death ohmy
    It died 'cuz of relog xD yea I know it's funny and stupid at once..

Have fun ya'll with lvling
    You play too much and then when somthing like this happens "wt*! Why is this happening to me!"
    Play less, play every 2 days very hard and you have less chances to lose something (either lv or equipment or money).

0 0
    Score : 3614
    Oto-Mustam|2009-02-02 18:49:00
    Players who choose to continue to play, but on other servers, are profiting from their subscription during these dark days, and thus will not be eligible for this extension (since they are using their subscription time elsewhere.)

does this mean if i log on to another server to feed my pets i wont get the extra subscription? coz if so that isnt fair.

also just to make sure, this isnt a rollback right? this is just closing the server. no rollbacks?
    0 0

lol why should i subscribe then? if i only play 2 days in 2 days? oh and by the way i really get those ekips by agro the others and so? that is the bonus of this server! u can agress the others like they do to you biggrin

0 0
    Score : 223

Ok the part i dont understand is when is it going to be back up? Will it be weeks? months? Years?!?!

~Muffin~

0 0

What I wanted to say is that you don't have to get pissed 'cuz you got it from aggro. Just aggro again
    It's different if you agro and get those items easily or if you go on a Emerald dofus drop (or any other) and drop it and then get to know there will be a rollback and you will probably never have it again.

Good Luck

0 0

yeah just tell the tight time when the server is going to be back

0 0
    Score : 3

Wooho! My 2nd turko set gone after this. (y)

0 0
    Score : 90

I didn't access to another server. I got chars on another servers, but i didnt access on them and....... my p2p time is elapsing! Why?

0 0
    Respond to this thread