FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Seriane Kerm

By Caldors February 04, 2009, 00:13:21

Maybe some of you know of this group already but they are the alternative to bonta or brak.
Basicly they are the merks.
They will take out contracts to work for one side or the other and has a high level of role playing or so I read.
But I saw a different alternative.

I am unsure how it would be done but I would imagine it would be similar to the seeker scrolls this idea of mine.
now though there is bont or brak aggroing everyone just out of the gate.
Imagine if you could take a contract out on your aggresser.
suddenly a whole new element enters the game.
So unsire how it would work but lets say you or your team could take out contracts simliar to seeker scrolls and when said task is done the Seriane gets the money for it.

I don't know about you guys but i think the flavour fits perfect for this world.
Wile brak and bont are still fighting over who is the best these guys are just taking names purely for the money.

Once again i don't know how to implement it.
I would think it would be something like a market.
Buying scroll of kill this douche bag and reward X ammount of karamas.
Or kill this prisim get X ammount of Karmas.

I think it would add a new and interesting element to the server and I think aggroing may reduce because of it or it may increase because these guys will go and look for there own areas i don't know but i do know the idea to take out contracts would be nuts and people would take them up.

0 0
Reactions 4
Score : 3001

Can I ask what is a merk? It isn't in any of my dictionarys and I have no idea.

Sounds a good idea, and yes it fits in Oto very well.

0 0
Score : 231

A merk is a mercinary, a contract killer, kills people for money

0 0
Score : 155

it's a merc i think he means.. merc which is short for mercenary smile

seriane is a 3rd alignment, it's on a couple of the french servers i think but requires actual MODs to run it, and as we don't have either the demand for it or the required MOD coverage i can't see it happening anytime soon.

That said it's a great idea and works very well within oto..

tbh i had thought of creating a Mercenaries guild, offer protection for people while they craft items, collect resources etc and offer an item retrieval service.. but tbh i can't see it working particularly well...

0 0
Score : 71
space-hopper|2009-02-04 01:39:00
it's a merc i think he means.. merc which is short for mercenary smile

seriane is a 3rd alignment, it's on a couple of the french servers i think but requires actual MODs to run it, and as we don't have either the demand for it or the required MOD coverage i can't see it happening anytime soon.

That said it's a great idea and works very well within oto..

tbh i had thought of creating a Mercenaries guild, offer protection for people while they craft items, collect resources etc and offer an item retrieval service.. but tbh i can't see it working particularly well...

nah i meant Merk because thats how it is said but yes the exact same thing.
Tell us why you can't see it working well, I mean it's exactly like the real world.
People goto unstable areas they like to bring along someone alittle more experinced and good thing for them is they get payed, extra loot is a bonus.
I don't think it nessarily needs a moderator, just something set up like a market.
Seeker scroll of username. upon completion they recive the sum of money put in.
Or like people put in for the removal of a prisim enough people put in for one prisim it may look temping enough.
Like say people whom are always complain about astrub forest not being nuteral they put in for that to be destroyed.
Enough level 20s put in 5kk each and you have a sigificaint ammount of money piled up waiting for some greed solos to get brave.
Alternatively bracks want that area for themselves and then after it is destroyed they put in money to have that area defended ect ect.

I can see some high level nuterals going.
wait wait I can aggro both bont and brack?! ....... I'm in.
It would stop multi client pvp (i think thats the term they use when someone is ganged?)
Instead of akanama having to sort out the mess the market does.
Enough people get ganged by the one guy and the ammount of money on his head gets to the point where a mercenary says hmm I am after some quick cash for my next (fill in the blanks) set and runs off and aggros him.

Not only that it starts braging rights, 'Oh yeah well guess what i have 180kk on my head'
I am sure the facilities are there to do it, it just seems that akanama wants to do the mininium of work.
There not getting rid of aggressing nuterals and i don't think they should have too, (note that does not mean i think it is right) but they should give people options rather than just 'Damn i got aggroed by douche bag X'
That doesn't breed a fun playing eviroment.
But some people are out for blood and if you want to play that game you should be aware that there is going to be others gunning for you.

Any off from the tangent it adds an elemnent to the game that can act quite postively will create a new stir around the death server again and I think though some of you may not agree with me will bring people back to that server if only for a short period of time.
But more importantly gives a new aspect to the game once the 'hype' is over and will keep people there that otherwise wouldn't be interested.
My thoughts anyway.
0 0
Respond to this thread