FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

How to fix Ankama Shield problems

By talith March 17, 2012, 23:34:25

before anything else, there are two things i will make absolutely clear:

1. if you are getting a service unavailable error on the game client, i CANNOT fix it. you MUST send a ticket to ankama support and tell them that you are getting this specific error on the game client.
  2. if you are getting a service unavailable error (aka "too many unknown connections so you cant use AS" error), read #1 and substitute "browser " instead of game client.
in either of those cases, send the ticket to support via THIS LINK HERE AND NO OTHERS. this will get this to the correct department of support, getting you the quickest reply. i also understand that people arent going to like being told what to do, but under no circumstances do you deactivate ankama shield after you send a ticket. i, and some of you, are probably more willing to suffer through a week or two of limited dofus than the chance of being left with nothing on your characters.

now then, on to the main point of the thread; dealing with issues that can crop up with ankama shield being active, mostly involving browsers. if you're having issues with ankama shield, please make a post below and include your browser (please upgrade them to the latest version as this will solve an indescribable amount of problems while helping you), the kind of problem you're having, and the OS you're running (not always relevant to the problems and solutions, but can be a contributing factor). after that, be patient. i can only help one person at a time, so be patient, dont rage, and keep an eye on the thread for when i start asking you other questions. beyond that, i havent a clue what else to type before hitting submit.

oh, now i remember. dont ask me to fix generic browser problems and/or generic questions please. you'll be ignored instead of getting a snarky LMGTFY answer that the mods would frown upon me making tongue
0 0
Reactions 4
Score : 2608

I get a "service unavailable" error when I try to add my computer, and I use google chrome.

I don't really know how it works, but is there a need for everyone to send a ticket or could we just wait for some fix for all of them? I know other people who are having the same problem.

0 0
Score : 6565

For any issues, it would probably be best to submit a ticket via the link provided in post 1.

I'd personally rather send in a ticket and get it fixed sooner, rather than wait for a fix or new version of shield that has no ETA.

0 0
Score : 4480
SniperViper|2012-03-18 04:34:00
I get a "service unavailable" error when I try to add my computer, and I use google chrome.

I don't really know how it works, but is there a need for everyone to send a ticket or could we just wait for some fix for all of them? I know other people who are having the same problem.

talith|2012-03-17 23:34:25
before anything else, there are two things i will make absolutely clear:
  1. if you are getting a service unavailable error on the game client, i CANNOT fix it. you MUST send a ticket to ankama support and tell them that you are getting this specific error on the game client.
  2. if you are getting a service unavailable error (aka "too many unknown connections so you cant use AS" error), read #1 and substitute "browser " instead of game client.
in either of those cases, send the ticket to support via THIS LINK HERE AND NO OTHERS. this will get this to the correct department of support, getting you the quickest reply.
sniper, please read the post before adding yours. service unavailable errors i CANNOT fix at all. they are not a problem caused by browsers to my knowledge. so please, go submit a ticket to the very link i've provided. anything BUT the errors you see listed in the very first post i should be able to help people fix. if you have those errors, do not make a post here, go send in a ticket. i cant help you with them.

edit: kiba, support cant fix the issue of constant reverification as that is a user-side problem, and any other such problems.
0 0
Score : 2608

Er... I read your post and thought you said if I had I problem, just put the type of problem and browser...

Your original post did help, and I wasn't asking for any more help...

Thought we were also looking to see how many people had these problems... sorry tongue 

0 0
Respond to this thread