FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

No Sound

By Anubis9962 June 06, 2012, 14:31:00

I installed Dofus a few hours ago on my MacBook Pro (OSX Lion) and everything seems fine during my brief time during the tutorial, except for there being no sound. I did a Google search and it seems others are experiencing this problem but there didn't seem to be any mention of a fix in those topics. Has a solution been found or must I put this game aside until one is available?

0 0
Reactions 5
Score : 1399

The game launcher is tied to the sound in-game. Perhaps you closed it upon launching the game?

0 0
Score : 2140
ZennyFirework|2012-06-06 14:48:01
The game launcher is tied to the sound in-game. Perhaps you closed it upon launching the game?
Yes exactly so. You have to always keep the launcher open during playing Dofus or else close it if you don't want any sound. Once you close the updater, the Dofus window will have a notification saying something like this:

"Sound deactivated"

Hope this helps smile 
0 0
Score : 40

I tried restarting the game many times to see if it was a one-time issue. When you guys mentioned the launcher, I just tried starting it again to keep an eye on what happens to it and this time the sound is working. Very strange, but glad the issue has resolved itself. Thanks for the help.

0 0
Score : 1399

Probably the reg.app process, it also needs to run if you want sound to work. Since the last patch, many people had problems with it not running when starting Dofus so they had to run it manually. Glad to hear problems are solved now!

0 0
Score : 15688

This is a bug that the Mac OS X version of the game has had for a long time. Periodically the sound will stop working even if the sound process is still running. Just restart the client and you'll get the sound back.

0 0
Respond to this thread