FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Phishing URLs

By Asthis April 28, 2013, 10:26:32

When I try to download the Dofus client and access some other Ankama websites, my browser keeps blocking me because of phishing URLs... Well I ignored it and like 2 days later my Paypal, e-mail, and Facebook got hacked into... I don't know if this is a coincidence because it rarely happens, but it kind of worries me.

0 0
Reactions 9
Score : 27377

Have you run an anti virus scan on your computer?

0 0
Score : 989

You most likely have some form of malware. Ankama does not steal your information to hack your accounts.

0 0
Score : 45

No, but my browser detects malware all over Ankama's websites, so I can't visit certain pages. They must have poor security issues if malware is attaching to everything.

0 0
Score : 1037

Your computer might be infected with some sort of virus causing your browser to detect weird things.

0 0
Score : 681
Asthis|2013-04-30 13:03:16
No, but my browser detects malware all over Ankama's websites, so I can't visit certain pages. They must have poor security issues if malware is attaching to everything.
Well you're the first (so far only) person to mention this, so chances are it might be on your end. If it were the website itself then many players would be experiencing the website being flagged.

As has been suggested, try running a virus scan. What I can suggest (in addition to a standard anti-virus scan) is MalwareBytes and Spybot to look for additional causes. Also try clearing your browsers cache, and if need be re-install the browser itself.
0 0
Score : 989
Asthis|2013-04-30 13:03:16
Malware is not attaching to Ankama's website. As everyone has mentioned, you probably have a virus on your computer. Listen to the people (us) who are knowledgeable about computers, and run an antivirus and malware scan.

If you are not sure what we are talking about, ask a family member.
0 0
Score : 45

I did a virus scan AND used SpyBot and all I got were cookies.

Click here

Going to this page gives me this:

Note how it says PHISHING URL when I visit it. There was a different phishing URL warning when I tried to download dofus.exe, but it's not there anymore.

I'm not the only one who's complained about this either.
0 0
Score : 7868

It's could be a false-positive - it's when an anti-virus flags something as harmful when it actually isn't.

I'd suggest you report it to Support so they can have the web-team look into it

0 0
Score : 336
Asthis|2013-05-10 06:20:35
I did a virus scan AND used SpyBot and all I got were cookies.

Click here

Going to this page gives me this:

Note how it says PHISHING URL when I visit it. There was a different phishing URL warning when I tried to download dofus.exe, but it's not there anymore.

I'm not the only one who's complained about this either.

Try Click here as well,

CCleaner is the number-one tool for cleaning your Windows PC. It protects your privacy online and makes your computer faster and more secure. Easy to use and a small, fast download.

It's not an anti-virus, but I highly recommend it to clean up your computer, and delete cookies (and clean out dirty registry files!)
0 0
Respond to this thread