FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Timezone Forum question

By gaderrets - FORMER SUBSCRIBER - May 14, 2013, 09:00:57

Can't find a section where I can place a topic about the forum or dofus itself instead of the game, so I'll try it here smile

In the anouncement it is said that maintenaince is shifted today (14 May) and will be from 8 to 10 am. GMT +1

Well I live in the netherlands so I live in that timezone.... we have summer and wintertime and at the moment we are living in summertime.... that means we live in timezone GMT +1, but because our clock shifter 1 hour it is actually GMT +2.

If we wouldn't have this shift it wouldn't be afte 8 o' clock already, but still I couldn't logon into dofus 15 minutes ago.

So now I'm wondering how about the times mentioned at this forum. Because now it gets very confusing.

0 0
First Ankama intervention

You can set your forum timezone here: Click here.

You can also check the time by logging in to DOFUS and typing /time into the chat. This will show you the current GMT+1 time if you need help working out the time difference.

See message in context
Reactions 3
Score : 2981

Sorry. I am as confused about Timezones as everyone else. Although I usually just count two hours from when it starts, since it is a weekly maintenance (and then hope it comes online!).
I think it's on now, though.

- Spirit

0 0

You can set your forum timezone here: Click here.

You can also check the time by logging in to DOFUS and typing /time into the chat. This will show you the current GMT+1 time if you need help working out the time difference.

Score : 1281

This doesn't explain how the times that are mentioned on the forums concerning the server maintenance are meant.

The information is incorrect if I check the dofuschat time like you suggested. Because it gives me the exact same time as my pc wich is at the moment 17:17 (5.17 pm)

You suggest that this is GMT +1, but that is incorrect. Because GMT at the moment is 15:17 (3.17) and GMT +1 would be 16.17 (4.17)

I think that this is what makes it confusion, probably France has also a summertime and this extra hour is not calculated within these times. That makes it confusing for a lot of people I think.

The time mentioned for the changed time server maintenance was not 8.00 GMT +1, but GMT +2 (because of the summertime) so every half year the time chance is also shifted, because without summertime, the time would have been correct.

On this website you can check the GMT, you will see that it differs 2 hours from the dofuschat time, in stead of 1.

Click here

Maybe this will clear up some stuff for others and since not every country has this time chance summer winter, maybe it would be suggestion to take this into account.

0 0
Respond to this thread