By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Adobe Air error after update

By evilmind August 12, 2014, 14:29:38
DevTracker
Reactions 77
Score : 114

Hmmm my problem is still there :/
Still downloading the same 19 Mb
Still getting the adobe air errors and shut down error followed up by that

0 0
Score : 2

Hi , I'm having the same problem with my computer.
Since I have two computers witch both have Dofus in it , I delete Dofus from one of my computer , I didn't use the '' uninstallerdofus.exe '' since I couldn't find it on my new windows 8 computer.
So basically it didn't quite work ; When I try re downloading Dofus as I open the setup launcher and press OK, it tells me that '' Installation directory is not empty. Installing DOFUS here may break a previous installation. Do you want to continue? '' , I click yes only to end up with :

'' Error opening file for writing :
C:\Users\App\Data\Local\Ankama\Dofus2\transition\QtCore4.dll
Click abort to stop the installation ''

So I can't download Dofus , I've tried many times , no luck it doesn't work. Need Help here please :/

Thank you.

Revil-Nunor|2014-08-12 20:00:42
Try starting the Uplauncher, then force-close it from the Task Manager.

That usually fixes the "game did not shut down correctly" message.
OH THANK YOU ! I did it and now I'm able to download dofus again ! Thank you !
0 0
Score : 1889

I tried uninstalling the game and installing it once again and now dofus just loads to 75% and frozes...

0 0
Score : 1047

Possibly you installed it in a folder that has some strange characters in its path. This occasionally happens if you don't run the installer with administrator privileges. Click here for more information.

0 0
Score : 27358

If you have foreign characters in the install path, the game generally does not run at all. It doesn't matter if you have administrator privileges or not.

0 0
Score : 1047

Yes you are right. But if you run the installer with admin privileges then the install path defaults to the program files folder which most probably won't contain foreign characters. Running without admin privileges it will default to your personal data folder instead, which contains your user name with all the special characters that your user name possibly contains. That's why I mentioned the admin privileges.

If you mess around with the install path then of course it doesn't matter so much, as you may or may not have strange characters, depending on which path you choose, no matter if you start the installer with or without privileges.

0 0
Score : 1130

Stuck at 99.93%

0 0

In my experience, most of the people who have this problem don't run their OS in the English language, so most everywhere they can install it will have foreign characters (even program files in the core part of the OS will tend to have foreign characters then). The only way to get around that, without changing to English, that I know of is to install to a public folder or use external media.

I just helped two people fix that issue today, both of them had Admin rights, and that alone did nothing to help them fix the problem. I think in an ideal world the best way to fix this would be to code the Uplauncher to notify users if they are installing the game into a location which will render the game unable to update properly, but that isn't something we have any control over.

aprilwine|2014-08-13 00:25:35
Stuck at 99.93%
Restart Uplauncher.
0 0
Score : 1130

Now I am in....after going to program files and clicking dofus.

0 0

If your game has not fully finish updating, you may run into errors or parts of the game that will not function properly. It is advised to go back and make sure the game has fully updated before trying to play it.

0 0
Score : 1889
Amanatsu|2014-08-12 22:58:44
Possibly you installed it in a folder that has some strange characters in its path. This occasionally happens if you don't run the installer with administrator privileges. Click here for more information.
I just reinstalled game again but this time I've deleted all dofus files/folders that remained after deinstalation. Worked for me, anyway thanks for hintssmile 
0 0
Score : 11254

Still have the same issue as earlier (Reg.app crashing), and I still have no sound. Any suggestions?

Again, the error I'm getting is this:

0 0
Score : 5

Well my updater still doin the same thing, still cant open the dofus tab until now

sadsadsad 

0 0
Score : 12907
Revil-Nunor|2014-08-13 00:26:05
In my experience, most of the people who have this problem don't run their OS in the English language, so most everywhere they can install it will have foreign characters (even program files in the core part of the OS will tend to have foreign characters then). The only way to get around that, without changing to English, that I know of is to install to a public folder or use external media.

I just helped two people fix that issue today, both of them had Admin rights, and that alone did nothing to help them fix the problem. I think in an ideal world the best way to fix this would be to code the Uplauncher to notify users if they are installing the game into a location which will render the game unable to update properly, but that isn't something we have any control over.

Or just actually implement a solution that doesn't care where it is installed as long as it knows where to point (hint: on windows at least, it should be the folder the uplauncher is located)

If Ankama really wants to be an international company, they really should be able to handle things like unicode.
0 0
Score : 347

I am having an issue with my dofus client also, and re starting the updater does not seem to be helping. Here is the error log that I am getting

Click Here

0 0

Have you tried launching the updater in admin mode?

Score : 6661

Mac users don't "do" admin mode for typical application updates; a permissions issue would mean something malicious or inappropriate being installed. If we can download the game, we should be able to update the game using those same permissions.

The installation stopped reporting errors after running the launcher about 5 times in a row.

0 0
Score : 2

Hey guys.
I've found a solution to this error.
Just go into your dofus installer folder, find the "META-INF" folder, and delete it.
Dofus updater will make small update and install it again, it's just a few of MB's.
It worked for me, good luck!

1 -1
Respond to this thread