FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Updating launcher

By tripleej - SUBSCRIBER - April 14, 2015, 20:27:36

For the last 20 minutes my updater has been "Checking for updates" Not updating.. just checking for updates. Is this a normal time for that because I thought maybe it was frozen or locked up and tried to x out so I could restart it but I got a warning that it could corrupt the updating if I ddi so I said don't close it..

0 0
First Ankama intervention

For the record, and to develop on Revil-Nunor's point, uninstalling the entire game is completely unnecessary, in most cases. Worst, it can deteriorate your situation even more.

So, for starters, just download a fresh Uplauncher and run it. Additionally, you can try rebooting your computer and checking if your firewall isn't simply preventing the game from accessing the web.

See message in context
Reactions 15
Score : 27368

Did you try clearing the Uplauncher cache via the settings and starting it again?

0 0
Score : 204

When I tried starting again it tells me that doing so could corrupt the update.. so I was afraid to try to stop it to start it again. Will try

How do I clear that cache? Before I could have sworn there was an option to clear cache but with the "Checking for Upates" I cant get to any options.

nvm I found it and cleared, stopped the updater and reloaded. Lets hope that worked.

0 0

For future reference, this tool should also be able to clear the Uplauncher cache for you (as well as your in-game cache).

0 0

I cant open that for whatever reason. It tells me to search the web to open it or to open with an existing program but I have no clue which one I would use. I searched the web one and that was decidedly unhelpful to those of us who are not computer literate. (I am an old woman lol). It looks as if this update must have broken something for me because its still not updating *sigh* guess I have to wait until tonight to uninstall dofus and reinstall fresh maybe that will work. But with limited download abilities (my satelite company puts a limit on how much we can upload and download a month) I have to wait till after midnight to do major downloads. Sucks cause tomorrow I work at 6 am blah.

0 0

If AIR is on your machine it should work.

If you get a new copy of the Uplauncher that should be enough, removing the entire game is generally a last resort option, most of the time it isn't needed.

0 0

okay I have no clue what AIR is so I jus assume I dont have it. Is okay I will just uninstall and redownload the whole thing when I have a couple hours after midnight to do it.

I know that I shouldn't have to uninstall the entire thing but since I cant get the updater to do anything but "Check for updates' In 40 minutes I am not going to risk it eating down my bandwidth by being stuck on checking for updates phase. So the only other option I have that I know of is to just wait until I have a day off so I can be up super late and redo the entire thing. I wont bother trying to get support help on it since I have never been able to use the support for Dofus. Thanks for trying to help

and great clicked something wrong when I went to try and search for already installed programs and tried to search for "air" and it has now tried to make AOL try and open it rofl.

0 0

For the record, and to develop on Revil-Nunor's point, uninstalling the entire game is completely unnecessary, in most cases. Worst, it can deteriorate your situation even more.

So, for starters, just download a fresh Uplauncher and run it. Additionally, you can try rebooting your computer and checking if your firewall isn't simply preventing the game from accessing the web.

My firewall has never prevented me from connecting. I can try rebooting. And I have no clue how to download ONLY the game launcher without uninstalling all of dofus and just redownloading it all.

0 0

AIR is Adobe Air, which you should already have if you were running the game before. The only thing I can think of going wrong with AIR is if it is outdated or corrupted, in which case you can get a new copy off the Adobe site.

0 0

ahh okay I know Adobe. I probably need to update it.

0 0

The Uplauncher carries its own AIR, so that might explain why you don't actually have it.

To download only the game launcher, simply pick the OS-appropriate version from here. And then, simply run it, like it was uninstalled, but without actually uninstalling it.

So I am acting like I am downloading the Entire dofus again even though I haven't uninstalled it?

0 0

Yes. That way, you don't have to download the entire game, only the Uplauncher.

Awesome. that worked. Thanks Revil and Nerodos for being very patient with this very Anti-technical woman

0 0

You're welcome. I'm glad we could find a solution for you, and will now close this topic.