FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Macbook Pro overheating issues

By Yoaman1234 - FORMER SUBSCRIBER - March 18, 2016, 19:30:31

Hey guys!

I'm not sure if it's due to my Macbook or Dofus but whenever I attempt to play in a 4-man group, my Macbook suddenly starts overheating like crazy... Here are the specs of it:

2.5GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor (Turbo Boost up to 3.7GHz)
16GB of 1600MHz DDR3L onboard memory
512GB PCIe-based flash storage
NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M with 2GB of GDDR5

Thank you! smile

0 0
Reactions 5
Score : 27364

Did you make sure there was nothing blocking the fan port on the laptop. That it was in a clean place with a good airflow and that the ambient temperature in the room wasn't throwing off your expectations of the heat output?

With that said, all higher end laptops have issues with heat, which is why they tend to need to be mounted on top of big old fans. If the temperature inside the machine doesn't exceed the manufacturer regulations then it is just a result of having a machine with an i7 and a video card and doing something that makes them work hard.

If you want a really powerful machine and not to have heat issues, get a desktop.

0 0
Score : 937

Give smcFanControl a go. It's a simple little app for controlling the fans in your mac.

0 0
Score : 639

Thank you guys for your replies!

I downloaded smcFanControl and it's working like a charm, I also invested in a cooling pad which is definitely helping with the heat dissipation from my macbook.

Thank you very much! ^^

0 0
Score : 2355

I used to have the same problem, and I just got a cooling pad like you said and it worked for me too.

0 0
Score : 21
Mikefowlers|2016-03-19 07:56:59
Give smcFanControl a go. It's a simple little app for controlling the fans in your mac.
Be careful with this though, you may not want to turn down the fans if your cpu is at high temperature.
0 0
Respond to this thread