FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Uploader update problem

By limburger - FORMER SUBSCRIBER - July 03, 2016, 06:17:15

Hey guys,

I need some help. After being away for a while I wanted to start dofus again trough the uploader. It needs top update so it connects to the server, fetching update content 100%, after that it is ''computing modifications''. This is where the problem starts. It computes untill 23% no problem, after that it freezes. The updater stays active (i can flick trough the update information/advertisement) and the computer doenst freeze. After about a minute or so the update/luncher just dissapears and doesnt show up agian. I can click the launcher again and the same thing happens.
I did not move the dofus file from its originial place/map where I installed it in the first place.

Is this fixable without de/reinstalling dofus?
grts

0 0
First Ankama intervention

One of the most common causes for this error is that your antivirus is interfering with the DOFUS installation.

Have you tried whitelisting the DOFUS folder in your antivirus?

See message in context
Reactions 7

One of the most common causes for this error is that your antivirus is interfering with the DOFUS installation.

Have you tried whitelisting the DOFUS folder in your antivirus?

Score : 588

Hey Nerdos,

I never had to do that with dofus before. I added it to the white list of my scanners and still the same thing happens. Its also not about downloading the update but ''computing the differences'' so scanning my pc for whats old and whats new (in dofus). This only goes to 23% than it freezes (just the loader, i can still go trough the news). Reinstalling dofus is also not an option because the update still goes trough the launcher sad (I tryed). Any more options?

0 0

None come to mind, but I'll see if I can enlist the help of a developer.

Never mind. Found out that the ''computing differences'' freezes/laggs the whole god damn laptop for a couple of seconds.
Is it an option to get the patch manually and paste it into a folder?

0 0

Yes, of course.

You can download the zip archive version of the game.

For Windows, Mac, or Linux (32Bit).

I really wish we could figure out and fix your actual issue, though.

Sorry for my last post i was kinda egitated. And thank you for the update link. I downloaded it and copied it into my file. This seems to bypass the problem. It still needed to calculate differences but it passed the 23% where it used to freeze and now it works.
Thanks a lot!

0 0

I'm glad I was able to help you with your issue. And I can understand tempers running high in such situations.

At least you took it out on another game tongue
Though if I'm being honest, I'd appreciate it if you could edit that part out now.

Respond to this thread