FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Identical names

By tweekeer - SUBSCRIBER - May 02, 2017, 17:38:09

So even though I have 2 chars with identical names (except for the second capital letter) it didn't give a [dar] suffix to the lower leveld one. What makes this really annoying is that all pms are sent to the low level masq instead of my lvl 200 sac even when the masq is offline.
0 0
First Ankama intervention

This will be fixed after tomorrow's maintenance (9AM to - hopefully - 11AM, Paris Time).

See message in context
Reactions 5

This will be fixed after tomorrow's maintenance (9AM to - hopefully - 11AM, Paris Time).

Score : 1744

The problem is still here 2 maintenances later.

0 0

I have reported that back to the developers.

Now, just so we're clear, you're still facing the exact same issue (names identical but for a single UPPER/lower case letter, with the lower-cased one receiving the other's PMs)?

Score : 1744

Yes, PMs sent to /w Captain-Gale and /w Captain-gale (aswell as the standard /w captain-gale) are recieved by the masq.

0 0

Exact same issue, then.

Apparently, the exact issue is that Captain-gale shouldn't exist because an upper case should be mandatory after an hyphen (making Captain-Gale the only options). However, nicknames are case-sensitive, to the two appeared as not being the same when the merge occurred. Hilarity ensued (unless you're not laughing, in which case tragedy ensued).

The developers are working on it.

Respond to this thread