FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Name problem

By ShukoIop - SUBSCRIBER - May 03, 2017, 11:30:47
AnkaTracker

Hello!

My old nickname SHUKO is not available even though nobody uses that... How can I get my name back (at the moment it's Shuko-[RUS])? Thanks for answer.

-Shuko-

0 0
First Ankama intervention

Ferish, I believe your case is exactly the kind of case I was talking about with a developer in the quote Alyss-Sin pulled.

Unfortunately, something went wrong when trying to fix it this morning. We've identified what, though, and we will definitely fix this issue during the weekly maintenance next Tuesday (May 9).

We apologize for the inconvenience and delay.

See message in context
Reactions 65
Score : 1799

Someone probably did, otherwise you wouldn't have the tag. You can't really check who has it before they login to Echo for the first time.

0 0
Score : 873

I deleted my low level character (Ferish) to use this name on my main character yet I was not able to use Ferish on the account I used name potion. I restored the low level character in order to not lose my name again. Also wasted a name potion, rip ~8 k ogrines. Let's hope them to fix this problem.

1 0
Score : 11255

Quote (Izmar @ 2017-05-02 16:49:10)Yep, the server is back! Thanks for all your patience, guys, I know it was tough!

Heads up, those of you who are hunting for the people who got "your" name and not finding anyone, it's not a bug.

Edit: Some accounts are not loaded into Echo until they connect for the first time, so that means that if you /whois someone in this situation who has not logged into Echo for the first time yet, you won't be able to find their account.

Also, we're aware of the issues that people are having with PMing people with a server tag in their name, and we'll try to get that fixed ASAP

Ferish,

Quote (Nerodos @ 2017-05-02 22:40:08)As far as I know (and what I know about it is what was explained to me hours ago when there was still a developer around to answer me about related issue), the new names you make on your new characters (on your brand new server, no less) are blacklisted as soon as you make them. In other words, the system counts them as 'taken', and doesn't let anyone else use them yet.

Note down the ones you want, though, because this should be fixed after tomorrow's special maintenance (from 09:00 Paris Time to an estimated 11:00 Paris Time).

I have to assume this is the problem you're running into. Since you had the name already and deleted it the game is still showing it as blacklisted. Hopefully it'll be fixed this morning.

0 0

Ferish, I believe your case is exactly the kind of case I was talking about with a developer in the quote Alyss-Sin pulled.

Unfortunately, something went wrong when trying to fix it this morning. We've identified what, though, and we will definitely fix this issue during the weekly maintenance next Tuesday (May 9).

Score : 2928

I encountered the same problem, changed my char name to make the new one, and low and behold it booped out.

I really hope I can get my name back once the maint hits tuesday...

0 0
Nerodos|2017-05-03 16:31:39

Thanks for reply, Nerodos. *Kindly reminder* we will not be able to use name change service for the next 3 months, I hope you can fix this problem too.

Additionally, I want to inform you about something I've figured.. Yesterday I used my all ogrines for restoring my alt but my account page was open on my phone's web browser. So, today somehow I was able to use the ogrines again which I already used yesterday. I think it was a cache bug. Sorry for abusing it, I thought I would not have been able to use them. Feel free to drop off 1 month from my subscription time laugh 
0 0
Score : 3009

Or maybe they just gave you back your ogrines that you've wasted on the name change potion that didn't even work

ferish|2017-05-03 12:36:40
Also wasted a name potion

0 0
Score : 159

Would be nice not to have char names ruined with tags at the end of them dear god its annoying playing a character for so long either being forced to have a tag or look at a name change. Would rather my char name showed with the tag when someone hit "information" on my character rather than mess up my character name. I know other people are not terribly impressed with having tags at the end of their names either. Could this suggestion at all be considered?

0 0
edawrdkung|2017-05-03 23:08:35
Or maybe they just gave you back your ogrines that you've wasted on the name change potion that didn't even work
ferish|2017-05-03 12:36:40
Also wasted a name potion

I do not think so cause I've changed my name successfully but I changed it to something i did not want cause of name problem. 
0 0
Score : 376

I made a new character with a name I wanted since I was trying to check if it was available before I used a name change potion. I made the character successfully, played for like 3 seconds, deleted character and went to change the name on the character I wanted to keep. The name was listed as taken. I have sent a ticket to support, and they told me the issue was resolved with a link to this thread. I still can't use the name I want. My issue is NOT resolved. It is NOT the same as this problem, as I just made a character with that same name, and I doubt it's been taken by someone else, especially not in the 2 minutes it took me to delete the one character and log in to the other to use the name change potion. When will this be fixed?

EDIT: I see when it will be fixed. Sorry, I didn't see that post.

1 0
Score : 378

What about names that were supposed to have been 'released' with merge?

Back in like 2006 when I first started playing, the first character I made (on Rosal), I made up a name from random sounds (Not posting it here since I obviously still want to use it). Looked neat, and I liked the name, but not the class. Eventually the char got deleted. (This was at a time I could only have 3 chars on my account, and since I did not play that one, it was deleted to make a new char). The name I had used originally, I never used again for any other char. After a couple years (maybe around 2010), real life went sideways for a bit, and I quit playing for some time. I started up again in november of last year. Wanting a change (since I had to relearn a class anyway), and now able to have 5 chars on an account, I decided to try to use the old name and make a new character (still on Rosal). It was taken. What? No one would want it other than me. I assumed this was due to the first use of the name being in the old version of Dofus, and it was somehow locked to my account (the new char was going on a second account as I had temporarily lost the pass to the old one). I tried searching the website for a character by that name, and found nothing. I tried adding the name as a friend, and it told me that either the account/character had not been active recently, or did not exist. Yet, the name was taken still. With merge, I was hoping the name would once again be available to me. It is not. Is there someone who actually has that old name, and it is just languishing in non-use, or was it somehow blocked from being used?

0 0
Score : 213

Same thing happened to my character. It didn't have a name tag next to the name yet I decided to change his name hoping I would be able to change my other characters name to that one but after I was able to name change the first character with no name tag It wouldn't let me pick that name on my other char . So far it's still not letting me and it's already 5/6/2017

0 0

As mentioned previously, this should be fixed after the weekly maintenance tomorrow.

SaraiAramon, I can't help you with the information you provide. Could you please Ankabox me the details (character name you're looking after -- I swear I won't steal it --, account it was on, that sort of thing)?

Score : 3568

Same problem with SirenSongstress , logged in now to try if it's been fixed - it hasn't

0 0
Score : 687

Yeah, still not fixed.

0 0
Score : 25

10/10 update bois

1v1 kolo still dont work

Names didnt get fixed

What did you even do for the hours the servers were down? Catch up with the lunch u missed last week...

1v1 Kolo hasnt worked since merge, your rating is forever at 1 and you fight lvl 26's or the occasional 200 who even bothers when u get no rewards or actual fights. Was hoping you would fix it on this maint, just did a fight got 26exp much wow very fix..

My name has been rekt since echo, I had the name Jericho on Rosal, on merge i figured id lose it when i logged on to see Jericho-[Ros], but when i /whois it it shows my acc. Tought the maint today would fix this too, but no, now /whois jericho shows Jericho-[ros] so what happend did my name just stop existing and got replaced by -ros?? pls fix tomorrow, cbfa pay 24M to class change back and forth to kolo.

papabless

2 -1

The 1v1 ISK is still an experimental feature. We are still working on it, mainly on the bugs you reported.

Regarding the issue with the names, we fixed what was causing it, meaning it won't happen again with names deleted in the future; however, while we were hoping this would fix the issue for names deleted in the past as well, it clearly didn't. As such, we are back at work to figure out how to clear these names.

Maintenance this morning was mostly used for typical maintenance stuff (keeping the servers in good shape, that sort of thing), as well as fixing the aforementioned bug and fixing the issue that caused some people to see their mount certificates become invalid.

If you /whois your previous name and it shows you new one (with the tag), it simply means the character that now bears your name hasn't logged into Echo yet.

Score : 2676

So is it safe to delete a character now and use its name for another character?

0 0

Let me just get my umbrella here...

According to the developers, yes. It is now safe to delete a character in order to use its name for another character.

Respond to this thread