Ankama Trackers

Name problem

By ShukoIop - SUBSCRIBER - May 03, 2017, 11:30:47
AnkaTracker
Reactions 65
Score : 36
Nerodos|2017-05-09 17:07:58
Let me just get my umbrella here...

According to the developers, yes. It is now safe to delete a character in order to use its name for another character.
Yes that works now! so i managed to get one of my names changed however... the name i deleted still isnt avaible at all and when i add that name as friend i get the message that i cant add myself to my list even tho i don't have that character anymore.

Is there gonna be a possibility that we can make a ticket to get back the names we lost by deleting characters we couldnt remake afterwards? cus the name isnt in use at all now and i really wanna use it.
0 0
Score : 1801
0 0
Score : 159

Still not working for me... this happening to anyone else?

0 0
Score : 2
iamreo|2017-05-17 03:27:05
Still not working for me... this happening to anyone else?
not working for me either. Hope they can fix this soon!
0 0
Score : 1801

The bug should be fixed now.

0 0

Alas, no it isn't.

There were some additional errors with the name corrections today. The developers are expecting that they can fix these problems on next Tuesday. If all goes well, that is when the issue with "stuck" names will be fixed as well.

However, please note: the names that were stuck will be released without any kind of reservation for people who had them in the past.

Score : 195

Logged today and my iop now has the tag after his name that he didn't have before D: Will it stay like this now or is it an error? sad 

0 0
Score : 4381

A friend is having the same issue. Server tag on a character that previously had no issues with its name.

0 0

I also logged in today to find that a character that did not have a tag previously suddenly has it.

0 0
Score : 313

Just to contribute some oddity to this conversation, I had a character name that received a server tag after it during the server merge. I automatically received a name change potion, so I used it to alter the spelling. When I logged in today, the spelling of my character's name had reverted to its original spelling, the server tag was gone, and the name change potion was back in my inventory. I'm not complaining. I'm super happy. It's my main and I love her name. But it's weird! With people saying that characters that used to have no tags and now they do, I wonder if there were miscalculations made in which characters were created first or something? I have no idea. It's very confusing. I confess that this is not what I expected to be what went sideways in the server merge.

0 0
Score : 3

I believe my character is older than those servers fused with Rushu, I had no tag after the fusion. After that last maintenance I got tagged.

0 0
Score : 11335

One of my names got a server tag with the maintenance, and I'm amazed that there's someone whose account is older than mine who apparently got it.

It wasn't one of my mains, so I'm not really complaining, but still, a bit surprising.

0 0
Score : 64

Yeah, same thing happened to me with the last maintenance. Got the tag after I previously didn't. I guess it is what it is, but I would love to hear the reasoning behind it.

0 0
cookiegamer|2017-05-21 19:14:47
I wonder if there were miscalculations made in which characters were created first or something?

Apparently there were. A bug prevented us from taking into account some information that was important about name priority, and so some priorities were mixed up. I don't have full access to this information, so I'm not entirely sure what it was that went wrong in the first place. Furthermore...

gregothy|2017-05-20 22:41:34
Logged today and my iop now has the tag after his name that he didn't have before D: Will it stay like this now or is it an error? sad

That's difficult to say, because while fixing the previous bug we ran into another one. It is possible that your Iop will lose its tag tomorrow, after the weekly maintenance. At the moment, there is no way to tell.

In closing:
cookiegamer|2017-05-21 19:14:47
I confess that this is not what I expected to be what went sideways in the server merge.

You and me both.
Score : 135

After the servers merged I've lost my name and got a [Shi] suffix.
After the maintenance on Friday I got my name back.
After the maintenance on Tuesday I got the [Shi] suffix again.

Am I going to get my name back in an upcoming update?

0 0
Score : 195

So do we think the names they were given today after the maintenance are the correct ones and they'll stay like this?

0 0
Score : 688

I hope so.. Logging in each week to see if my char names have changed is not what i would call fun. Just leave it as it is now, thanks. Some stability on Echo would be good for once.

0 0
Score : 159

Still, a name I deleted a few weeks ago is unavailable. "You cannot add yourself to your list"... anyone else getting? Can't even log the character too I have to pick a name which is annoying.

0 0

The name I picked before I got my old one back after today's maintenance is also unavailable. It's possible that someone took it, but feels like a bug to me. Especially since my char is listed by the unavailable name in the character pages.

0 0
Score : 112

so a couple of days ago a few of my 2008-9 characters got the Neh-tag , after todays maintenance 8/8 lost the tag again .

ankama whats going on lul

0 0
Respond to this thread