FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Reoccurring lag/disconnections, video in thread.

By ownage-pwnagetwo - SUBSCRIBER - May 05, 2017, 00:59:29
AnkaTracker

I'm not entirely sure how to describe the issue, but I managed to get a video of it occurring.

Click here

I'll be idle on another character doing quests or other activities and once I click on the other character the game will update on that specific characters' area. If I were to leave it idle for too long, it'll update and d/c me from the server. This happens intermittentlyduring fights as well which is really annoying.

1 0
First Ankama intervention

The developers are aware of the issue and are working on it.

I'd like to take the opportunity to thank Nerd-Tease for their initiative: every bit of information helps. Please do not hesitate to copy and paste Nerd-Tease's form with your own information, and precise whether or not you are using several accounts at once.

See message in context
Reactions 99
Score : 26

I had to watch the whole fight on my xelor again after it died on round 1 before the loot table appeared.... I would say it is impossible to run more than 1 account but even on 1 you manage to freeze, the trick is to write something in the chat then it unfreezes, but imagine typing everyturn your bloody turn begins... i do appreciate the thought and the merge, but if they dont have the means to support their new creation why the hell try?

1 0
Score : -192

I had similar issues running three accounts. Best advice is to type in chat or move on idle characters.
Stay away from hi traffic areas on idle characters and sometimes creature mode helps.

Another big tip: Don't log off at a hi traffic area, it took me 20 minutes to log in on the [-1,0] map xD.

0 0
Score : 581

Yeah type in chat or move it helps a lot!

0 0

type in chat on each screen after each characters turn? That sounds like a band aid on a festering wound

0 0
Score : 2677

Yeah, that can be a problem especially if you're multi-logging with more than 4. I couldn't even tell which chars were lagging sometimes, had to type in each until everything updated for one char

0 0
Score : 36

Just so disappointing how much disconnections I am having.I cant do anything in game. Ill disconnect when I am on an empty map 2 mins sometimes less after logging in.

0 0
Score : 1897

Yup, the game became a nightmare for me too sad I just had an easy fight (mastogobs) and 3 of my 8 accounts got disconnected at the end of it. I guess it's best to wait until it gets fixed cause it's not fun to play anymore smile 

0 0
Score : 2677

Not going to sub my chars until this is fixed. Can't even fight anything without disconnecting/lagging every turn.

Click here

as you can see in that video, I can't even get a chance to fight anything happy

1 0

and they only give out 1 day compensation for a week lost for me, I dont do more than 10 fights a day because its just impossible to do it, subbed on 3 accounts and all i do is zaap sit at some remote location because there is no way i can play normally. The sad part is that there is 0 feedback from admins as of yet and a lot of people have the same issue.

1 0
Score : 275

I've had this exact problem, in every fight on multiple chars I have to tab through everyone's window to type something in chat for all the ones who're still a few turns back.

0 0
Score : 13301

Hey everyone, just want to ask a quick question. Everyone I've heard having this problem has been Multi-accounting when it happened. I haven't had the issue though and I'd like to help troubleshoot in case we can figure out the cause. If anyone else can chime in on what they have enabled and not and if they are affected, we might be able to find the root cause of the bug.

Possibly Relevant settings:
Performance:
Limit on creature mode: Infinite
Aura Display Options: None
Allow monster and NPC animations outside of combat: False
Multi-Account optimization: False

Scenery cache is enabled and set to normal

Possibly Relevant system information:
(anyone else copying this, you can hit F3 at the game launcher to grab any of this easily if you don't know where to find the info otherwise)
SystemInfo: OsName = Linux
SystemInfo: OsVersion = 4.4.0-53-generic
SystemInfo: OsExtra = Linux Mint 18.1 Serena
SystemInfo: OsArch = amd64

Game version info:
(you can type "/version" in the game's chat box to get this)
DOFUS CLIENT v 2.41.1.120301.3
(c) ANKAMA GAMES (May 3, 2017 - 09:23:41 CEST)
Flash player LNX 10,2,159,1 (AIR 2.6.0.19170)

With this configuration, I am NOT affected while either solo or Multi-Accounting.

Edit: Since the server shutdown shenanigans I am affected with the above configuration both while solo accounting and multi accounting,

0 0

I even freeze while playing only 1 account, sometime i would wait for other players to get ready for battle and without minimizing i will get random spinning sandglass and i have to type in the chat to get unstuck.

0 0
Score : 262
Nerd-Tease|2017-05-07 05:05:18
Hey everyone, just want to ask a quick question. Everyone I've heard having this problem has been Multi-accounting when it happened. I haven't had the issue though and I'd like to help troubleshoot in case we can figure out the cause. If anyone else can chime in on what they have enabled and not and if they are affected, we might be able to find the root cause of the bug.

Possibly Relevant settings:
Performance:
Limit on creature mode: Infinite
Multi-Account optimization: False

Scenery cache is enabled and set to normal

With these settings, I am NOT affected.
I don't think the problem is client sided though. Prior to this merge I've ran my usual 4 with no problem so performance shouldn't be whats hindering me. However I'll give it a try.
0 0
Score : 227

I´m having freezes while playing both multi or singe. Today while playing in Sufokia Abyss , usually one of my dead chars would freeze or dc. Chars that were able to survive until the end of fight stayed online.

Later, while breeding, accessing paddock seems to freeze the client sometimes. This was the case yesterday too. I wasn´t able to play much until the weekend so can´t really say if this was happening since the merge, or just weekend.

I´m playing with Win 10, core i5, 8 gig ram. should be enough.

performance settings: AA 2x
Limit on creature mode:40
Multi-Account optimization: True

0 0
Score : 15

Hi, I have the same problem with the exact same settings Sinbad posted. It only happens to me when multi-logging.

0 0
Score : 3213

Hello, I have also had troubles with weird freezes and sometimes disconnections. I tried disabling multiaccount optimization, because it seemed logical that something about that might be malfunctioning, but kept creature mode limit at 10, and that seems to have helped (I've only had time to try it with two accounts for about an hour). There's still a lot of lag going on that wasn't there before Echo, though.

0 0

The developers are aware of the issue and are working on it.

I'd like to take the opportunity to thank Nerd-Tease for their initiative: every bit of information helps. Please do not hesitate to copy and paste Nerd-Tease's form with your own information, and precise whether or not you are using several accounts at once.

Score : 13301

Just trying to do what I can to help.

I've also updated my post with a bit more information as well as how people can find this information if they don't know where to already. While I somewhat doubt the bug is platform specific, it would be nice if that could be ruled out.

0 0

Eliminate the impossible, and then we'll get our answer. Thanks again.

To those who have already used Nerd-Tease's form, could you please update your own posts as well? As I said, every bit of information helps.

Respond to this thread