By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Insecure connections to DOFUS sites

By MadSock - SUBSCRIBER - May 10, 2017, 21:27:52

I just realised recently that my logins to DOFUS sites are insecure. It never occured to me that insecurity might be a problem since I use Authenticator for my account, but recent news about people getting looted after deactivating their shields made me slightly uneasy.

I noticed that my access to DOFUS sites such as dofus.com , forum.dofus.com , etc. are not encrypted. Usually by manually typing https:// before the link allows me to access a more secure connection to the site I want to visit. However it seems Ankama uses invalid/outdated security certificates for their sites. I use Mozilla Firefox as my browser and the following information is what I see when I request more information by clicking the "i" security details button on the top left corner of my browser besides the bar where I type the address.

www.dofus.com uses an invalid security certificate.
The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate is unknown.
The server might not be sending the appropriate intermediate certificates.
An additional root certificate may need to be imported.
The certificate expired on 2012/3/21 12:59. The current time is 2017/5/10 9:12.

The same information applies when I access the forum. I feel safer using Authenticator when logging in to my Ankama account, still...

Am I being paranoid or should any of this raise any alarm for Ankama's web development staff? I

0 0
Reactions 1
Score : 12931

While it would be nice if Ankama would fix this, your login information is sent securely.***

***There are other potential issues with the current state, but I'd rather not get into a full discussion on the matter right now.

0 0
Respond to this thread