By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Player turn frozen

By Afladrol - FORMER SUBSCRIBER - June 21, 2017, 09:15:20
AnkaTracker

Since a couple of days, maybe after the massive Ddos attack of June 14 2017, I am experiencing the following:

When a player passes the turn, everybody in the combat gets stuck and has to wait a large amount of time, until the current player's turn unfreezes.
That happens with summons as well (next summon waits for the previous to complete) and for all the players, both those multi-accounting (sharing the same PC/Network) and for those in other networks.

The funny thing is that I discovered that if the frozen player writes something in the general chat, the combat unfreezes right away.

Is seems like the clients didn't receive the packet associated with current player passing his turn, and stay frozen until another network event causes the synchronization of the combat state. I mentioned the DDos attack because it might as well be something unwillingly introduced in order to face those kind of attacks (i.e. dropping certain types of packet, or packets from certain clients..) which is pretty compatible with the issue.

I tried dumping my client cache, while other players didn't, but the issue is still there, and happens for every player in the combat. This is NOT reproducible every time, it seems to happen randomly and stay for about 1 hour, then the situation gets normal, and may start again later. As an hint, I always play from 20 to 23 GMT, hope this helps!

Anyone experienced this behaviour, or has any hint?

1 0
First Ankama intervention

This thread flew right under my radar, I apologise.

Most likely, it went unanswered for a while because while it seems different in nature, it is most likely related to the lag and disconnection issues we have been investigating for over a month now. We implanted a fix in Update 2.42 that made things better in some cases, but not all. Now we need special kinds of reports (please follow these instructions).

I will leave this thread open and refer it to the developers in case this is a different issue, though.

See message in context
Reactions 19
Score : 893

This happens to me on a daily basis. While solo playing with others, as well as multi-accounting. Writing does temporarily solve the problem, but is not a long term solution, it helps until the next turn at most.

0 0
Score : 1868

I am bumping this thread as I don't see any fix coming, and it seems quite strange that so few people are reporting this bug, as I am sure it happens to everybody.

Lately I've also seen some youtube streams where players had to type in random stuff in order to unfreeze the combat while recoding the videos..

Is Ankama aware of this bug? Is it even a bug or hits randomly? It's happening since the server merge, and it's getting worse day by day, yesterday I couldn't have a couple of hour of play because of this continuous freeze, and had to stop playing..

0 0
Score : 4

You're not alone. I joined back to Dofus a few days ago and spent alot of money resubbing and whatnot only to be greeted by a bug that they can't seem to fix for the life of them.
Waste of my money and time. It's a shame they're so desperate to merge yet can't handle the stress it puts on them.

0 0
Score : 352

I have same problems last days. I must write in chat everywhere all time: when i breed mount, when fight, when i go. Because if i don't write i freeze. And if i don't active few minutes (3-5) game kick me. It makes me very angry. I see many people hame same problems and i surprised what developers do not pay attention this issue.

0 0

This thread flew right under my radar, I apologise.

Most likely, it went unanswered for a while because while it seems different in nature, it is most likely related to the lag and disconnection issues we have been investigating for over a month now. We implanted a fix in Update 2.42 that made things better in some cases, but not all. Now we need special kinds of reports (please follow these instructions).

I will leave this thread open and refer it to the developers in case this is a different issue, though.

This maintenance do not fix the bug.

0 0
Score : 2

Having the same issue. Any way to fix it yet?

0 0
Score : 437

I had been wondering why "." or random letters would appear in general chat. Now I know .. both from having read this thread and now from personal experience. Sigh.

0 0
Score : 46

The problem persists, with no sings whether (if) there is a fix in the horizon. I cannot play more than 2 accounts as it becomes a nightmare, particularly with my main sadida (summons and whatnot).
I have stopped paying subscription to my 6 accounts until this issue is fixed....simply a waste of money.

0 0
Score : 945

This terrible bug is taking so long to get fixed, I am getting tired... everytime I look off the screen for a minute, I have to relog 3 or some other number of chars... doing a dungeon or any kind of big fights is a nightmare, you have to work hard to play and keep characters unstuck, it also makes you fail challanges very often, I don't ever like to remember fighting korriander, kimbo and other dungeons wearing Idols for turquoise or was it crimson quests...
Also the time we have to play our turn is too short, at least for PVM we could have a option to increase it, Often I can't finish my turn playing rogue and panda, for many other classes are easier.
Far away from france our ping isn't wonderful.

0 0
Score : 386

The playability has been greatly eroded. 'Nuff said.

0 0

As explained in the official server performance feedback thread, a fix has been deployed this morning.

We're hoping these issues will manifest less frequently, or even not at all.

I still frozen in fight and throw out from the game if i idle within 2-3 minutes. I can't play multiple accounts.

0 0

Same Here, unfortunately It's not getting better sad

0 0

We are sorry to hear that. The good news is, we are still investigating and working on a definitive fix.

This is just to bump the fact that after months this annoying bug is still here.
Any news on the developers side? Dude this is a great showstopper, yesterday I spent almost 1 hour and an half to complete the King Nidas dungeon due to continuous freezing of the players!

You see chats flooded by single letters more and more nowadays, what's happening? Why don't you take your time, stop the updates, and simply consolidate what you have? The Community would be very  thankful for that.

0 0

A possible fix (I don't want to sound definitive seeing how last time went, but we're pretty confident nonetheless) will be implemented as part of Update 2.43, as it cannot (for technical reasons) be implemented on its own.

This information was communicated in the Server Status subforum on August 4th, I apologise that I forgot to update this particular thread.

Score : 52

Was the fix ever implemented? I still have horrid lag whenever more than one client is open it seems, sometimes it happens with a single client now. I've filed a report the way the instructions said, and after the update the lag only seems worse, at the rate it's going I will have to move on to another game. It's definitely taking long enough where we're shown no improvement at all

0 0

Thanks for the intel! I usually read the latest news on the forums but this totally went unnoticed. Let's hope for the best then!

0 0
Respond to this thread