FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Bots, bots and yet, more bots..

By -Rikashey May 28, 2008, 19:45:35

Okay I'm getting sick and tired of this. There is to many bots, and they're INCREASING in population.

Yesterday, I would have been hanging out at (4,-18) (below Astrub zaap) to talk with friends.
Today, there is over 5 Bots competing for money, by spamming they're websites. Quite frankly this is getting out of hand. I go to Astrub fields, and find 6-8 Cra's/Sadi's/Enu's all competing for one monster. Why? Because they want kamas. sleep However I might have some conclusions.

• Making an account

When you make an account, maybe an image text (where you have to type certain numbers/letters in to join the game) so the bots will no longer be able to make spam accounts.

• More MOD action

Exactly as stated above.. more MOD's/Admins doing they're job IN-GAME, not just on the forums.. maybe some more voluntary MOD's and they get rewarded for hunting down bots idk but this has to stop so we need more MOD action.. i'd happily volunteer for hunting down them.

Replies appreciated, no flaming please?

Ty

• Myka
0 0
Reactions 8
Score : 317

I fully agree that there should be more GM's to fight the bots. I think that no player will have any problem what so ever with being a GM. So why not ?
perhaps even a limited gm-function might be an idea...
Because if i have to speak fair here... the ticket service sux!! I mean there are only complaints about this...
So why not make an in game way to report bots ?!?

0 0
Score : 375

Thanks for the reply np.

0 0
Score : 123

You're right , I hate those who sell money everywhere in Asturb.(especially Bank , and Alchemist's Sellroom)
I heard something about macro programs. Like Ghost Mouse, Macroman blocked by Dofus Client. But, Those who use macro programs needs to be stopped.

• Flaren
0 0
Score : 4268

Its about time Ankama ran a Poll on the topic of Bots.

0 0
Score : 123

Why ? I think everybody will vote "Yes" ?

• Flaren
0 0
Score : 4268

You misunderstood. A Poll in computing-sense is not just one of two answers. Thats a question. A poll is you start with an opening question and select from a list of choices and submit either one or one more answers.

So they could decide a Poll around some of the plausible ideas/solutions proposed over time here on the forums.

0 0
Score : 11

Sure bots are problem, and I was surprissed about way how MOD Raiu did answer it.
The thing that its MMORPG wide problem does not make it "normal" and its "ignorant" (to use his words) expecting that we as Ankama customers wont be complaining it and that we wont require Ankama to fight it.

As I did write before another MOD did advised us to write to support reporting map, ingame time and game ping if we have lags to help them investigate it. I did it and got an answer to check server status and to check my own ping - that makes me thing that technicians dont know what is happening here.

I hope Im wrong.

Safranka - Rosal

0 0

"Ignorant" referred to the deleted posts (which were suggesting - no, outright stating - that Ankama could easily eliminate the bots, but they just don't want to), not to the general problem.

Incidentally, there is already an "image text" in place when you create a new account, and there has been for months, so that's definitely not stopping the bots.

• DS
Respond to this thread