FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Log-in Issue***

By Ivantwo November 13, 2010, 15:31:10
DevTracker
Reactions 42
Score : 7681

Even if a new login server is the "easiest" solution, it's not an instantaneous solution. For one thing, they have to actually acquire this new server somehow. They can't teleport it to themselves, so if they order one, they have to wait for it to be delivered, installed, configured, and tested before they can start using it as a login server.

Furthermore, this topic was started on a Saturday, the first day of a two-day period that is traditionally known as a "weekend". Delivery, installation, configuration, and testing usually does not occur on those days. More than that, Thursday was a major holiday - Veterans Day, which is an even bigger holiday in Europe than it is in the US - so the entire continent was pretty much closed that day.

So while I'm sure Ankama is working on a solution (because they'd be idiots not to, and while they're hardly perfect, they're not idiots), they're probably not working on it right this instant, nor could they if they wanted to.

0 0
Score : 39

I was having the same issue and I did as the others said and cleared my cache. It worked wonderfully and now I'm able to play...finally. Try it out and see if it works for you, too.

0 0
Score : 1133

I have been doing what was recommended with no luck. It happens to my hubby too. Here we sit 4 accounts and can't get on....thus the reason I am here in the forums, looking for a solution.

If I can't get on, I can't play. Everytime I can't play when I want to makes me distance myself from the game.

This problem has gone on long enough.

0 0
Score : 81

Hi.

After being kicked from the server (Rosal) for the 1xxx th time and not being able to re-connect, I keep on getting the nostalgic feeling of still playing version 1.19-1.22.
Seems to me, that Ankama is suffering from increasing featuritis, instead of taking care of ancient - and reoccurring failures.

I do not care for the cool new features, because I cannot encounter them - standing in front of the screaching and failing entrance gate...

Another bad joke:
The game starts (on Ubuntu 10.04) without any sound. But after some 10 minutes I get a message: "Sound is now disabled."
Uhmmm... nice to know. I had already started wondering why it was so silent...

Well, maybe most of the players can put up with that, it still is extremely annoying to me.

Rollo.

0 0
Score : 235

been searching through all of the forum topics about this problem.
but the fact is: there aint no solution (yet)..
just too many ppl trying to login at the same time, making the login system fail..
just keep trying every few minutes when their aint that many attempts to login..

goodluck at logging!!

0 0
Score : 4334
Schmendrick|2010-11-14 14:45:00
Even if a new login server is the "easiest" solution, it's not an instantaneous solution. For one thing, they have to actually acquire this new server somehow. They can't teleport it to themselves, so if they order one, they have to wait for it to be delivered, installed, configured, and tested before they can start using it as a login server.

Furthermore, this topic was started on a Saturday, the first day of a two-day period that is traditionally known as a "weekend". Delivery, installation, configuration, and testing usually does not occur on those days. More than that, Thursday was a major holiday - Veterans Day, which is an even bigger holiday in Europe than it is in the US - so the entire continent was pretty much closed that day.

So while I'm sure Ankama is working on a solution (because they'd be idiots not to, and while they're hardly perfect, they're not idiots), they're probably not working on it right this instant, nor could they if they wanted to.

Thanks for explaining the concept of a "weekend". This idea is so new to many of us, it's difficult to grasp at first… rolleyes
0 0
Score : 339

Logging in is a huge issue , which has recently became more annoying , and sometimes impossible , specially for those who has many alts , it takes long time and many tries , and keeps showing the same message '' Connection to server has been interrupted unexpectedly''! sad

0 0
Score : 2040

There are already upwards of 10 threads about this already. Even in this section alone I can count three on the first page.

0 0

BillFR is currently working on this problem. He is also working on a report to keep the entire player base informed on its progress.

On behalf of the technical team, I sincerely apologize for the problems you've encountered, and thank you all for your continued patience and support.

Score : 324
CatOcatastrofe|2010-11-14 14:27:00
Hey Mcf-Siipols,

Try changing the 'port' option to the other choice. Right under the 'Play' icon.

This /should/ solve the issue; if not: options -> 'Clear Cache' (try either choice.)

Report back to us!

-Cato

I change port cleared chache and its doesnt work..
There is 2 ways of problem.
1.Wait/Interrup
2. Load to 50% and the Dc
0 0
Score : 3054

Dofus needs a better Queue system. It doesn't always show up. I don't care if I'm 1millionth in line, I just want to see progress.

0 0
Score : 984
VoidofSouls|2010-11-13 18:42:00
Let's see if I can help out here.

It is not the Bots logging in because as P2P, you have priority in logging in so you are good with that. Have you tried updating your Adobe Air? I've had problems logging in and having large amounts of lag when I need to update Air. For some reason, it won't update automatically for me so I have to go to the site to do it. Try updating Air, if it is currently up to to date, the download will tell you so.
Adobe Air Download Page

Try this first, it may help. It usually solves this for me.

I've been having this problem a lot lately (including right now) it is very frustrating. Changing port, clearing cache doesn't help either. I would also like to say that in my opinion it is the bots. I play on Solar, there is a huge damn problem with bots. I'm not quite sure I believe P2P have a priority over F2P when logging in either. Here is why, back when my brother was trying out the game he was F2P for over a month. I was P2P when he started playing as a F2P. On multiple occasions when we we're playing right next to each other on separate computers in the same room we both logged in at the same time. Except I as a P2P got put in a "subscriber waiting list" while he got straight on to the game...weird right. Because of those experiences in the past I find it hard to believe that P2P have priority when logging in, it's probably just a message put there to curb the pissing and moaning. Or maybe I'm wrong and it's just that there are so many new players that a larger login server is needed. Just my opinion, regardless of the cause it sucks and they need to sort it out.
0 0
Score : 4490
Izmar|2010-11-15 14:12:00
BillFR is currently working on this problem. He is also working on a report to keep the entire player base informed on its progress.

On behalf of the technical team, I sincerely apologize for the problems you've encountered, and thank you all for your continued patience and support.

would it be possible to have region specific log in servers? such as GMT -5 through GMT -9 routes through one login server while GMT-1 through GMT +3 routes through a different one? this would allow the dofus server to segregate traffic into smaller streams and possibly reduce wait time. alternatively, ankama could run a background information poll on login traffic to determine where the heaviest traffic is coming from, and then split it between 2-3 login servers/ports. this would shift login traffic to one of several login routes depending on the time of day and traffic. for example, during peak time in europe, the login traffic from there would be split between the 'overload' (or priority if you will) servers and traffic from off-peak locations, areas in the US, would be allocated to the typical logins. then as peak traffic shifts to the US, european connections would slowly shift from the priority login to the general, while US traffic would shift onto the priority login.

this can be further segregated into p2p and f2p traffic. f2p would also route through priority during high peak if they're in that region, but during the upswing/downswing of that region's peak time, off-peak region p2p login attempts would supercede the f2p connections.

i'll try an example, but ignore it if its too mangled to be understood >_>

europe peak time: 5-10 pm GMT +/-(whatever TZ ankama is in <.&ltwink
peak upswing: 5pm-6pm, european connections shift to priority server, offpeak region p2p connections supercede f2p in peak region.
peak plateau: 6pm-9pm, euro connections remain on priority server, peak region f2p connections no longer supersceded by offpeak p2p. offpeak p2p accounts route through priority when available, otherwise general server.
peak downswing: 9pm-10pm, euro connections begin shifting off priority server. offpeak p2p connections once again supercede f2p peak area connections.

basically it would be the same for all times that cause a really high login traffic. and whenever its in a relatively 'low' login traffic time range, the priority server would route all p2p traffic, and let f2p connections route through the general server.

edit: updating AIR does **** all for helping with logging in.

and because no one else STILL hasnt said it; WE (hint hint people) appreciate you for letting us know this is being looked at izmar. please keep us forum trolls informed as best as you can. biggrin
0 0
Score : 122
Izmar|2010-11-15 14:12:00

Thank you very much Izmar for the information update, looking forward to get more information about the issue and a fix for it. i suppose the technical team is having a hard time with it as much as we do so all the best to them too.
0 0
Score : 2
[MOD]Zoothia|2010-11-13 18:58:00

*hint: try search on forum*

This is somehting known. It happens when to many are trying to log on at the same time.

"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again." biggrin

//Zoothia

Try, try again, again, think it s time to shave, try again, again, actually shave, come back to try again, again and again and yay one char is logged in. Ok next char. Try again, and again go shave (again (hair grows)) try again and again and yay another char is loged in. Check on your other char to see it s kicked from the saerver due to being inactive and start over again.
0 0

Good evening everyone,

BillFR has posted his update on the server issues. You can find the latest news here: http://forum.dofus.com/en/server-status-f2...ver-t97616.html

Thank you again for being so patient.

Score : 457

Come on Ankama
I'm a dutch player on DV and everytime I want to play it takes me a lng time to login.
So my suggestion is stop making new things in the game and solve first the OLD problems in the gameplay.
If you want to have that more players leave and go playing other games then do nothing.

ps: the reason why I write it here is that on the dutch forum nobody read the messages.....

0 0
Score : 766

Ok so it looks like we are paying for this game for you to screw us around? Why do you have to make so many improvements(well basicly you are getting 2.0 back to 1.29 with the spells graphics and stuff) and you fuck the servers up so bad that we spend hours logging in and then we rage and lose the will to play?! *Applause* GZ guys youre making Dofus so amazing these days!

0 0
Score : 7681

You know, it'd help if you complained about things you actually understand rather than spewing nonsense.

Adding game content to the game servers has absolutely nothing to do with connecting to the login servers. A new class being added to the game next month did not cause the login server to start having network difficulties last week. Reality just doesn't work that way.

0 0

I've posted an update about this situation on the Server Status forum.

http://forum.dofus.com/en/index.php?showto...st&p=580321

Respond to this thread