FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Best epic 8 man team?

By Benja-might - SUBSCRIBER - April 05, 2011, 21:04:24

I've been curious about this for a while, but even more so with this most recent update. Being able to "stockpile" spells of the same character type has been eliminated, stop-block is predictable, Cra's and Panda's have been nerfed, 2 new classes have been added to the variety of things... SOOO much change! I don't mind change... it keeps life interesting. smile

But my question is this... what do you think the BEST 8 man team would be now. Feel free to state why, if you'd like, but PLEASE think long term! I mean epic level teams.

This should make for an interesting topic, biggrin
Benjamight

0 0
Reactions 44
Score : 4331

There's probably no right or wrong answer here. It would depend on your playing style and habits, which dungeons you prefer, etc. A team that may shine in one area may be really bad in another. I wouldn't be able to suggest a full team until I know the answers to some of those questions. However, I can say that enis, iops, and possibly sacriers usually solid foundations for any type of play style and situation at end levels. One, two, or all three can usually be found in the most effective teams.

0 0
Score : 2699

Well, if I wanted to trade in for a new server and start fresh and could talk my wife into it...

It would be be panda (agi), eni (crit/int), enu (pp/wis/cha), osa (int/str), sac (cha/agi), cra (omni), xelor (wis), and eca (str). This is not to "double up" on classes, and can play the field in front-line, center, and rear guard fashion, has a high stall aspect (mp steals), and some ap steals for measure. It has 4 of 5 elements in pure form covered so can have some versatility in how to regroup in a hurry. Not sure about the 2 new classes at all; and probably won't be looking into them any time soon.

0 0
Score : 12829
discarder|2011-04-05 22:38:30
Well, if I wanted to trade in for a new server and start fresh and could talk my wife into it...

It would be be panda (agi), eni (crit/int), enu (pp/wis/cha), osa (int/str), sac (cha/agi), cra (omni), xelor (wis), and eca (str). This is not to "double up" on classes, and can play the field in front-line, center, and rear guard fashion, has a high stall aspect (mp steals), and some ap steals for measure. It has 4 of 5 elements in pure form covered so can have some versatility in how to regroup in a hurry. Not sure about the 2 new classes at all; and probably won't be looking into them any time soon.
Very interesting Discarder (you've become one of my favorites to follow on the forums. biggrin). I'm curious about the Panda and Osa? I know panda's took a pretty big hit from the recent update, so is it primarily for field placement? As for the Osa, I've heard a lot of people complaining about not being able to stack AP on summons has greatly hurt them. I greatly value your opinion, so thank you very much if you get to respond to this.

My 8 man team (as of now) would probably be Iop (str), Enu (Cha), Eni (Int), Cra (Int/wis), Sac (Agi), Xel (Wis)... and the last 2 is where I always draw a blank. sad Part of me would say an Osa for the extra AP buff, another Enu for extra drops, or an extra Eni for heals... but if I don't want to duplicate a character, I'm not sure which way to go? What do you think I'm lacking most from this team?

Thanks for advice,
Benjamight
0 0
Score : 1398

For me it'd be a 8 osa team. Even if HeS can no longer stack, you can't beat 8 cracklers/wyrmlings/bworks heavily buffed in other ways. Enemy summons won't last more than a turn (unless it's invincible). Powerful AoE, healing, and reviving. A battle would take a while but it'd be difficult for 8 osas to die if they worked effectively.

0 0
Score : 2140
Iop (str) - for damage
Eni (Int) - for all round heals
Masq (Cha) - for support damage and buffing.
Osa (Int) - for all round support
Panda (Agi) - for map manipulation and versatile support.
Enu (cha/wis) - for drops , mp steal, ub.
Cra ( wis/cha) - for versatile disabling.
Sac (vita) - for tanking and further map manipulation.

i prefer the masq being cha for few particular reason. u always want more pp and their caps is one of the finest. not to mention the dont need to be agi to escape for they have sweet dodge buff. and last but not the least, with all the map manipulation it can use its skill to max which ll provide with with some great damage on the pushback spell.
0 0
Score : 1032

i get sad every time i read mention of "team" i never ever see sram listed sad
we're so undesirable ;__;

0 0
Score : 3927

Not undesirable, just underrated and misunderstood. Srams are one of the best and most strategic classes in the game if you have the skill and knowledge.

Back on topic:
Any 8 character team without doubling up on classes is good. Every class has specific abilities and most work quite well with other classes to open multiple strategies.

However, if I were to build an 8 character team it would probably look something like this:
(assuming epic levels)

Int/Wis Feca- Crowd control, damage reduction and emergency life saving abilities
Cha/Wis Enu- Drops, Crowd Control, solid damage Unbewitching, MP buffs
Agi/Str Sram (primarily agi though)- Locks, double, map manipulation, crowd control in many forms, invisibility, all around badass. F**k Pandas.
Int Osa- Tons of short mediocre buffs, moderate heals/better with healing weapons. SPIRITUAL LEASH, occasionally useful summons. F**K Enis.
Any Masq- Solid damage, fun shields which are even more useful in conjunction with feca/enu (living bag+masq shield thing+fecas shield+reinforced protection=group immortality), some battlefield manipulation, multiple solid buffs and debuffs.
Str Eca- Good hitter, AP/MP buffs, generally fun class.
Wis/Cha Xelor- OK damage, AP reduction, dial helps xelor and feca with AP reduction/crowd control
Agi/Cha Sac- All around badass and tank. Synergizes well with most classes in this group. Map manipulation, hitter, pain shared, etc.

So that would be my 8 character group. I feel confident that this group could handle most anything dofus has to throw at us. Yes I realize that a Sram's Fear is not as good as a panda's carry/throw spells but with a little thinking it's nothing that can't be overcome. I tried to stay away from the top tier classes as much as possible because I only like cheese on pizzas so no Panda/Cra/Eni. Sac is a top tier too but they aren't as commonly "abused" as the other classes in PvM.

It probably isn't the most effecient 8 person team but it hits all elements and can to a little bit of everything. I think it would be a pretty fun group anyway.

0 0
Score : 5792
FoodLord|2011-04-05 23:42:05
For me it'd be a 8 osa team. Even if HeS can no longer stack, you can't beat 8 cracklers/wyrmlings/bworks heavily buffed in other ways. Enemy summons won't last more than a turn (unless it's invincible). Powerful AoE, healing, and reviving. A battle would take a while but it'd be difficult for 8 osas to die if they worked effectively.
Thing is, you'd be heavily dependent on summon AI, which is, well, quite pathetic. And once you take away their summons, you don't really have significant firepower. Bosses that require map-manipulation would also be rather annoying, as well as mobs against which distance-control is required.
0 0

jst a suggestion:

if u r making 8 man team for epic lvls , for heavens sake dont try ap steal. at epic lvls the ap of the bosses are way too high. 12-15 ap with very high resist. its smarter to try mp steal. ll save ur life more.

0 0
mightychicken|2011-04-06 17:24:25
jst a suggestion:

if u r making 8 man team for epic lvls , for heavens sake dont try ap steal. at epic lvls the ap of the bosses are way too high. 12-15 ap with very high resist. its smarter to try mp steal. ll save ur life more.
I never thought about that... good point. Unless you have a very high AP steal group, with excellent wisdom, you're not going to be able to do much.
0 0

Not every fight is a boss fight. I've saved myself a lot of pain and hassles by stacking AP glyphs and MP control through glyphs/traps/enu. Even in boss fights by taking as much as 3ap (which isnt always that hard to do) you can often save your team from at least one extra attack. It adds up and with my team its pretty low cost AP removal. Just because I am not completely disabling things doesn't mean that Im not making a difference.

Food for thought.
0 0
Priz|2011-04-06 23:59:44
if" u r making 8 man team for epic lvls , for heavens sake dont try ap steal. at epic lvls the ap of the bosses are way too high. 12-15 ap with very high resist. its smarter to try mp steal. ll save ur life more.

Not every fight is a boss fight. I've saved myself a lot of pain and hassles by stacking AP glyphs and MP control through glyphs/traps/enu. Even in boss fights by taking as much as 3ap (which isnt always that hard to do) you can often save your team from at least one extra attack. It adds up and with my team its pretty low cost AP removal. Just because I am not completely disabling things doesn't mean that Im not making a difference.

Food for thought.

removing 1 mp saves u from even getting hit at all. so which is better getting hit limited times or not hetting hit at all? yes every fight is not a boss fight but almost all figost mob has more than 10+ ap. so even with max removal itll attack once. whereas if u can cripple its mp by 1 it may enable u to not get hit at all. hence was my suggestion.
0 0

Ive played a lot in different areas of frigost and its pretty rare to take a single MP and leave the enemy unable to attack someone in your group, unless you are on a rather large spread out map. I played my feca as Wis/Int for quite awhile and you be amazed at how effective stacked Glyphs of Blindness can be with the aid of a little MP control. Fecas, Enus and Srams all have relatively cheap MP control. Couple that with the cheap AP control of the Feca and a Xelor with a dial thrown in to help and you can severely limit your enemies abilities.

Even with little to no MP many monsters have movement spells, summons and ranged attacks that can usually hit you. With the team I spoke of it is fairly easy to take up to take a large chunk of the AP as well as the MP from these monsters while still cranking out the damage.

You basically implied that taking AP is complete waste of time and Im sorry but you are wrong. I know from experience, I've seen it work and quite well at that.

0 0
Priz|2011-04-09 18:55:56
Ive played a lot in different areas of frigost and its pretty rare to take a single MP and leave the enemy unable to attack someone in your group, unless you are on a rather large spread out map. I played my feca as Wis/Int for quite awhile and you be amazed at how effective stacked Glyphs of Blindness can be with the aid of a little MP control. Fecas, Enus and Srams all have relatively cheap MP control. Couple that with the cheap AP control of the Feca and a Xelor with a dial thrown in to help and you can severely limit your enemies abilities.

Even with little to no MP many monsters have movement spells, summons and ranged attacks that can usually hit you. With the team I spoke of it is fairly easy to take up to take a large chunk of the AP as well as the MP from these monsters while still cranking out the damage.

You basically implied that taking AP is complete waste of time and Im sorry but you are wrong. I know from experience, I've seen it work and quite well at that.

then perhaps u already know most of the mobs has teleport , jump and plenty other spells as well. not to mention they are mostly 1 hit per target spells which are pretty cheap as 4 ap. while most of the mobs have high resist to ap loss. i dont know what kind of mobs u fight mostly butur post imples mobs for lower frigost. but ill site one simple example. i want to see how much ap steal does good on a bunch of steam cracklers. not that im away of any changes made to them on the last update, but as it used to be , i never saw any point to steal mp of an atomistique or steam cracklers. i woudnt mention higher mobs. its always wiser to steal mp , for the few fact

1. amount of ap is always more than amount of mp for 90% of mobs. hence a 3 ap steal isnt as effective a sa 3 mp steal.
2. ap glyphs doesnt work without mp steal for they can move away.
3. the classes i mention has decent good ap steal chars like eni osa cra and enu. these all can steal ap enuf to stall a few attacks.
4. due to the less amount of mp of mobs , a team focussed on mp steal has much more survivablity than a team focussed of ap steal.

and about ur personal experience, ill share mine. in majority of fight i tend not to get hit at all. because the enemies never reach me to hit. those who reach and hit are often not in a crowd and tends to enter my safe harbour alone only to get slaughtered very fast.

lastly a personaly experience.

i was able to solo a mob of 3 kanigloos , 3 piggswoth and 1 frighog with my 199 cra 3 days ago. and i give 100% credit to it because i could mp steal them. i want u to do the same with any char that depends on ap steal. my bets are that before u kill 2 of them ull die.

also ap steal is needed in few dungs , while mp steal in almost all. ull prefer those tyrnils to stay at their places, u would love if the royal ping doesnt jump on u, ull love when the mastogob cant reach u , u ll marvel when the pirate boss cannot aoe kill ur teammates jst because it didnt have mp.

i never said ap steal is complete waste of time. i jst said that its far more easy , efficient , effective and safe way to follow the mp steal path.

yes ap steal shine is one sphere of dofus much more than mp steal. its group pvp.
0 0

Ok, you are turning this into a debate on MP vs AP removal and that was never my point from the beginning. I was talking about a team that can quite effectively use both. You seem to feel that we are only allowed to use one or the other. I have stated my case to the best of my abilites and feel no need to debate what I know is an effective strategy for many types of monsters.

We are far off topic now, I hope to see more people's suggestions for 8 man teams.

0 0
Score : 3403

Never really needed AP reduction. If I had to take a few AP I'd use my enis. No need for xelors, seriously. Theres only a few dungeons where you might need xelors (krally), but still they rnt a must for most. Kind of depends on your play style and strength of your group.

0 0
Priz|2011-04-12 23:56:35
Ok, you are turning this into a debate on MP vs AP removal and that was never my point from the beginning. I was talking about a team that can quite effectively use both. You seem to feel that we are only allowed to use one or the other. I have stated my case to the best of my abilites and feel no need to debate what I know is an effective strategy for many types of monsters.

We are far off topic now, I hope to see more people's suggestions for 8 man teams.
Yes, let see if we can get back on topic. biggrin

I have recently found an IMPRESSIVE 8 man team on YouTube, which consists of:

2 Eni's
2 Enu's
Cra
Sac
Panda
Xelor

Anyone who has seen his videos will probably know who I'm talking about. Anyway, I was surprised by the doubles... this leads me to believe that maybe it's not as important to have 8 different characters in a group, as much as it is important to have a balance of support vs. tanks? This person uses his Eni's & Enu's very support based, while the rest of the team beats the snot out of everything! Of course, the Xelor does massive AP stealing too, but I don't want to get that started again...lol.

I'm curious of everyones thoughts?
Benjamight
0 0
Score : 3403

Ralfeh yeh hehe...
I myself used to run with this set up:
2 Enus
2 Enis
Iop
Sac
Panda
and the last spot depended on what was needed the most. Although I used the other enu and both enis in a quite an offensive manner (most of the time, of course, situational dependant).

0 0
eotkodekff|2011-04-19 22:09:17
Ralfeh yeh hehe...
I myself used to run with this set up:
2 Enus
2 Enis
Iop
Sac
Panda
and the last spot depended on what was needed the most. Although I used the other enu and both enis in a quite an offensive manner (most of the time, of course, situational dependant).
Yep, nailed it! His videos are amazing! Watching his videos are what got me all fired up to make a Panda. biggrin 
0 0
Respond to this thread