FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Playing solo.

By Yavendil - SUBSCRIBER - January 11, 2013, 11:12:03

Hello everyone!
I want to make a new character and I'd like to hunt alone: from beginning to the end ;d. What's the best solo playing class for you and why this one? I'm mainly thinking about PvM aspect :].

0 0
Reactions 7
Score : 569

Sadis are greats for solo pvm at lower lvl may be a litle annoying but with good str and +dmg n you can solo alot of things ^^ also str iops and agi iops are great for pvm too though on both you have to wait for lvl 70-80 for main spells :l but well worth it ^^

0 0
Score : 15616

I would say omni cra. Cra's have a nice selection of spells that can keep them alive in dangerous fights where they are facing monsters much stronger than them. In particular they can push monsters back, away from them, reduce their range so that they don't get hit, and deal strong AoE damage with spells like Explosive Arrow.

For all of these reasons I'd say cra is probably the easiest class if you want to solo from beginning to end. And with an omni cra you won't get bored as fast because there are so many spell combinations and different ways to attack. Additionally because omni cra can hit in all elements you will be better able to take advantage of the elemental weaknesses of every monster.

I was a solo int cra and played semi solo in mid game because I invited leeches along in the Lonesome Pine Trails area so I would get more experience. They would die quickly, and I was able to finish nearly 95% of fights solo, and many of the challenges as well because of the abilities of the cra to hit in AoE, push monsters back, and steal MP with paralyzing arrow to keep opponents pinned down while you stay on the run to avoid getting hit.

0 0
Score : 580
Mishna|2013-01-12 02:32:05
I would say omni cra. ... In particular they can push monsters back, away from them, reduce their range so that they don't get hit, and deal strong AoE damage with spells like Explosive Arrow.

...And with an omni cra you won't get bored as fast because there are so many spell combinations and different ways to attack. Additionally because omni cra can hit in all elements you will be better able to take advantage of the elemental weaknesses of every monster.

... I was able to finish nearly 95% of fights solo, and many of the challenges as well because of the abilities of the cra to hit in AoE, push monsters back, and steal MP with paralyzing arrow to keep opponents pinned down while you stay on the run to avoid getting hit.

All of those things sound quite a bit like an agility Rogue -- with the only real significant difference being a Rogue's teleport/map control abilities (Roguery, Dirty Trick, Boombot, Kickback, Magnet) instead of a Cra's +/- range abilities.

So I'll add that another reason a player might appreciate a Cra is simple play: you click on a spell, click on the enemy, and that's all. If you want big AoE damage, you cast Explosive Arrow. Getting big AoE damage out of a Rogue often means casting two bombs, casting Last Breath, and then detonating one of the bombs -- literally twice the clicking. I personally don't mind it, but I can understand how some people may find it all rather cumbersome.

There's also the "omni" aspect, which you mentioned. Rogues are only proficient in 3 elements not 4 (or 5, if you count neutral). Players can choose to avoid monsters which have resists to their favorite elements, but having a wider variety of elements means having more mobs to choose from. Another win for Cra.
0 0
Score : 4077

I heavily advise against solo play, but if that's what you really want... Go with a Cra.

0 -1
Score : 2139

I've been soloing with a Sadida because I don't like spending all that time on another character. Sadidas have AoE, and some MP stealing, plus Aggressive Brambles, but they don't deal much damage.

My friend, on the other hand, has a lot more success soloing with Sacrier, Iop, and Pandawa.

But Cra is probably the best class.

0 0
Score : 11276

I've been soloing with a panda for years. Not exclusively but I do hunt alone often.

0 0
Score : 2130

Chance cras are great, or omni whatever you choose. I have played cha cras and have friends playing them and as a solo player using a cha cra you can do a ton of things and as you get into later lvls you can spread into omni because you will work on being wis based (for better mp theft/ap theft) and scroll 101 in all stats and have gear to support you on damage. You can't do everything as most classes can't but enough to survive and make a living off of and also if you decide you can team up with others and provide buffs and deal great dmg alongside them.

~KAN~

0 0
Respond to this thread