FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Weapon for level 14x int classes?

By devastator46 January 14, 2013, 16:49:46

Coming up to soft oak set now and am also looking for a new weapon.

Ever since i could use toy hammer, i have been using it, and am now looking for an upgrade.

Any advice would be great thanks.

(note, i need a 4ap or less weapon as i am only going to have 9ap.)

0 0
Reactions 6
Score : 15707

Shaman Pingwin Staff is 4 AP and hits 18-25 fire, and 4-7 water. It has a chance requirement that might be hard to meet though, and to be honest I think Toy Hammer is better from an attack standpoint because the max damage output is much higher than Shaman Pingwin's max damage output. Although with Shaman Pingwin Staff the damage roll is tighter so you are more likely to get good hits, compared with Toy Hammer where both of the damage outputs are very random.

To be honest I would actually consider using Limbo Wand instead of an attack weapon. Limbo wand would give you 10ap, and an extra MP and range, which goes nicely with Soft Oak set to give you a 10ap / 6mp build that can outrun most monsters in Frigost your level while hitting hard with spells. If you are lucky you can also find Limbo Wands maged up to >60 int. I think the max I've seen is +70 int, which gives your spells a nice boost.

At your level being effective in PvM is less about getting up in monster's faces with a CC weapon than it is out surviving them by avoiding getting hit, particularly in Frigost. Soft Oak set doesn't have much HP so I personally found it more effective to attack from a distance and stay on the run.

0 0
Score : 364

I don't know what class you are bud you can also take andy war sword if you are a iop, roque, eca or sacrier or dark vlad sword if you are an other class

I don't know what class you are bud you can also take andy war sword if you are a iop, roque, eca or sacrier or darkvlad sword if you are an other class

0 0
Score : 522
Mishna|2013-01-14 22:13:34
Shaman Pingwin Staff is 4 AP and hits 18-25 fire, and 4-7 water. It has a chance requirement that might be hard to meet though, and to be honest I think Toy Hammer is better from an attack standpoint because the max damage output is much higher than Shaman Pingwin's max damage output. Although with Shaman Pingwin Staff the damage roll is tighter so you are more likely to get good hits, compared with Toy Hammer where both of the damage outputs are very random.

To be honest I would actually consider using Limbo Wand instead of an attack weapon. Limbo wand would give you 10ap, and an extra MP and range, which goes nicely with Soft Oak set to give you a 10ap / 6mp build that can outrun most monsters in Frigost your level while hitting hard with spells. If you are lucky you can also find Limbo Wands maged up to >60 int. I think the max I've seen is +70 int, which gives your spells a nice boost.

At your level being effective in PvM is less about getting up in monster's faces with a CC weapon than it is out surviving them by avoiding getting hit, particularly in Frigost. Soft Oak set doesn't have much HP so I personally found it more effective to attack from a distance and stay on the run.
Thanks this has been helpful, but my class is a feca and i kolo more than i pvm, so as you would know int fecas aren't particularly high hitters with spells, except for burning glyph which can only be cast every 3 turns.

So for damage in pvp and kolo situations i rely heavily on CC when i can't get away, like you said toy hammer isn't very dependable, so i am just looking for a high damage weapon that doesnt cost 5ap to use.

The other possible option i had in mind was changing my build to str/int which would be perfect for soft oak and if i could add dazzling cloak for 10 ap then cheekon axe would be a good option, im just unsure about changing builds and having to scroll both int and str.
0 0
Score : 2986

I was going to suggest something like a Xyothine, or maybe Citrus Daggers, if you could get 1/2 on them. I probably wouldn't go for 5AP weapons (never), and I probably wouldn't sacrifice stats by using a PDC/PDB either, it's just not worth it. You could probably wait a few levels and look at a Minotot Sceptre or an Axe Cidental.

- Spirit

0 0
Score : 522
ColiWobbles|2013-01-15 06:31:42
I was going to suggest something like a Xyothine, or maybe Citrus Daggers, if you could get 1/2 on them. I probably wouldn't go for 5AP weapons (never), and I probably wouldn't sacrifice stats by using a PDC/PDB either, it's just not worth it. You could probably wait a few levels and look at a Minotot Sceptre or an Axe Cidental.

- Spirit

Since i am int/str with soft oak, axe cidental looks like a good option, but when i look at cheekon axe, it looks like it can inflict some serious damage.

I think that pdc would be a good option for me until i unlock axe cidental, and am willing to sacrifice some stats for 10ap, as for my class i need to be able to inflict heavy damage from CC
0 0
Score : 164

If you get soft oak set, a cheeken axe is the best

0 0
Respond to this thread