Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Fogger v xel v cra

By friedeggssunday#4705 - FORMER SUBSCRIBER - February 03, 2013, 02:09:17

Which class do you guys think is better for kolo. wis xel, int fogger or cra

0 0
Reactions 4
Score : 232

Everything will depend on your team/enemy team. From my understanding (Aermyne doesn't have a lot of foggers and I don't have one myself), foggernauts fit more into a support role. (Although I've seen them dealing pretty serious damage once the fight progresses.)

Wis xelors can be very strong; I've been in several fights where the xelor on one team or the other was the difference, being able to shut down the enemy's primary damage dealer, or, more fun, holding their osa below 6 ap until we were positioned to waste a "spiritual leash". However, I've also seen fights where the xelor took the role of AP removal too far and caused a loss because they did no damage other than "xelor's sandglass".

Now for my favorite: cra.
You didn't specify a build of cra so I'll try to say what I can about each build.
Strength: From what I've seen the strongest for hitting a single target, but has the most issues with holding off an enemy. However, all the strength cras that I've seen past points where CC becomes a valid option for damage have been able to defend themselves fairly well.

Intelligence: Intelligence has the advantage of "explosive arrow" being one of the best AoE damage spells in the game. They can also have an advantage in a long-range fight with the range steal and damage on "magic arrow". They also have the best minimum range on a spell of their element with frozen arrow, which has a powerful -2 ap effect castable twice on a target. They also get to use healing weapons like boogey wand and black mel root (and much later archetypal bow) which can make up for a lack of a healer class.

Agility: Similarly to intelligence, in my opinion agility is a very strong long-range attacker with "plaguing arrow" being non-LoS AND being tied for longest ranged spell in the game with "dispersing arrow" and "magic arrow". They also get to use "absorptive arrow" which can deal insane damage, and all of it as health steal.They also have the benefit of high dodge and lock rates.

Chance(Wisdom): The specialty class. It's hard for me to describe exactly what a Wis/Chance cra does other than saying "High-burst-damage disabler," which to me doesn't sound very specific, but let me explain. The burst damage comes from "atonement arrow" which I personally enjoy hitting for 950-1100 damage on the second cast (against low resistances and with powerful shooting) depending on my luck getting it to critical hit. It also applies the extremely strong "gravity" state, which can ruin any iop or sacrier's day if you're using it right. The "disabler" part comes from your ridiculous ability to reap mp from a target using "lashing arrow" and "paralyzing arrow", as well as the large damage and -ap AoE "slow down arrow". In most level ranges, with good gear, you will be able to decide who gets to move on the enemy team that turn.

In the end, the "better class for kolo" will be whichever one you enjoy the most, because this will be a class that you will learn to play, and learn to play well. And to decide which one you enjoy the most, you'll have to try them all. So even the classes that you end up not liking, you'll learn at least a little bit about what someone will be thinking when they play that class, and you'll be able to pick your moves to fight against that. Just because someone says a class is 1337 H4X doesn't mean that its the right choice for you. So give them all a try (I say) and enjoy the game while you're at it.

(If I was confusing for any part of this or if you need any help with a Wis/Chance cra, just let me know)

汚い子猫
KitanaiKoneko

2 0
Score : 1540

I think I have decided chance panda over those 3 classes, what is your take on them? I think a panda would work well with my 199 rogue, and do well in kolo

0 0
Score : 232

I haven't gotten my panda up to a point where I can really start to kolo with them, but I'll say that I've been on a team with panda/rogue combo and it can be pretty nasty. Other than that there's not a whole lot I can say about panda. =\

汚い子猫
KitanaiKoneko

0 0
Score : 1119
friedeggssunday|2013-02-04 07:23:16
I think I have decided chance panda over those 3 classes, what is your take on them? I think a panda would work well with my 199 rogue, and do well in kolo
You're a very tactical player (I have been in a number of Kolo fights on your side...though it hasn't been for awhile) so the Panda will suit you superbly. Pandas IMO require advanced tactical thinking to use them to their full potential. Barrel as a tool to reposition enemies, plus giving you an option to heal is great, as is the Wasta for locking and applying weakened state and being able to reduce resists too...very powerful tools available for them. They just require a ton of scrolls to get them to or near their full potential.
0 0
Respond to this thread