By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Why Have Multiple Characters?

By k-E-n-N-Y - SUBSCRIBER - February 08, 2014, 22:33:06

Very new to game. People are asking about having second characters to compliment their first character. But can't you only play one character at a time (unless you multi-account, but then don't you have to pay twice the subscription rate?) So what's the point?

0 0
Reactions 9
Score : 5

Good luck trying to find some random stranger who's trying to do exactly what you are trying to do at the moment without totally ticking you off and screwing challenges ~ <_< Sure, if you just need 1 or 2 of an item it's no big deal. But if you need to farm, then things can get really nasty. At least, that's why I have multiple accounts.

0 0
Score : 3051

I play multiple characters at once simply because I hate waiting for my turn in fights. You can make some decent money if you're farming mats, too, so the subscription costs aren't really an issue as long as you're not lazy.

0 0
Score : 58

Yep you have to pay for multiple subscriptions. BUT.. you get to play two characters at the same time which is kinda fun wouldn't you agree ?
This game isn't like World of war craft. Its actually very easy to control multiple characters which is why people some people play 2 characters at once or more.

0 0
Score : 3841

Basically people do it for the Kama's and assurance that no stranger will screw up a challenge or dungeon run. However it'd be better for the game if people limited themselves to just two characters. So people will have a reason to interact with each other

0 0
Score : 25828

Multi-accounters is a good example of the Effort=Reward system. MA spends more effort into their gaming therefore they get more rewards. The only problem is how the game is being calibrated with the MA's efficiency in mind thereby making it extremely hard for solo accounters (extremely difficult... not impossible).

As for me I enjoy the leisure way of a soloist gameplay.... While I do not use multiple accounts, I prefer playing solo on my own because I am more in control of my pace and my time (which just happens to be irregular and I am constantly being interrupted in real life every 15 minutes or so).

For one thing, MA's have farmed and supplied the economy with resources and gears the we are not capable of acquiring on our own.

Multi-accounting is probably one of the best (and unique) thing that makes Dofus so great (another thing is the leeching/wisdom system), that is viewed by many as a negative aspect of the game. But, personally, I view them as comparable to "The Force" (Starwars lore), it is not evil, more like neutral. It's nature is determined by how you use it, would you use it for the good of the community or would you use it for selfish personal growth without regards of it's possible negative effects on the community?

1 0
Score : 6154

Its safe to say without being able to multi account. Dofus wouldn't exist. They wouldn't get anywhere near as much money as they need to survive. Wakfu sure as hell won't help.

so in a business sense, multi accounting is a great thing, especially to those who spend hours on end on this game. Gameplay sense i wish there was a server where it was banned as well as pvp being banned. But thats just me. I fail to see the point in playing an mmo where you don't play with others.
Then again, I don't actually play this game anymore. not done since the middle of december. I do like the forums still though. Nice to see whats changing and all that. I'm waiting the the xelor/feca update we were promised a year ago. then i'll play again.

so in conclusion. ankama wouldn't survive without it but I just see it as a lazy and selfish way to get and do everything. I say that having 4 accounts myself too (3 of which are not subbed. my main is but i have no intentions of downloading dofus again till we get the overhaul). only difference is I didn't all that often multi account my accounts. I created my cra and sadi to stop me getting bored of this game. but it didn't work. multi accounting has destroyed the community unfortunately. but thats the price to pay in order for ankama to still exist. Which I am glad it does purely for employment reasons. I don't like to see anyone out of work. And as all of us in the dreaded EU know, there is a damn lot of that.

0 0
Score : 2266

The problem is the various things you can do. We all get split up on other quests than the other. You'll never make a full team unless the few who decides to do the certain dungeon also contributes with some alts.

0 0
Score : 3051

I'd also like to note that it's fun to stand by yourself in a line...

0 0
Score : 945

There are many classes in the game, playing only 1 account would never work for me, would be hard to play them all but without a wall called 'community restriction' on my way, I believe I would have at least 15 accounts... or 14 since I don't like enutrofs.

0 0
Respond to this thread