FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums
Score : 11702

Iop/Rogue Duo

By Benja-might - FORMER SUBSCRIBER - June 15, 2017, 17:20:41
I have run 4 - 6 accounts for many years, but I have not explored a GREAT deal of Dofus...not just dungeons, but also quests and achievements. So I've decided to drop down to a duo and start exploring. My main account is a Str/Int Iop and I want my second account to be a Rogue (they are ao fun to play). My Rogue is pure Int build. So what I was wondering - is an Iop/Rogue a good option for an exploring duo team, or would it be a good idea to swap my Iop out for something differsnt?

Thanks for the feedback - Benjamight
Reactions 6
Score : 914
if you are planning on running duo achievements, Elio might be a good option. Iop+elio can duo almost any dungeon. Eliotrope is also fun class to play and in combination with iop its strong.
If you dont want to swap out rogue, I would go for a combi that will make ur bombs easier to use, for example a sram who can push alot, ( u can place traps in ur bomb line and push enemies in that for insane dmg )Or maybe Panda + rogue.
Thanks dgjna - you know a Sram is one of the few classes I've never played, but I believe they make for a good Agility/Strength build... correct? My biggest fear with my current setup, is I only have 3 elements covered. My Iop is Str/Int, and if I go Int/Cha or Int/Agi with my Rogue, I'm still leaving 1 element out either way. If I had a Agi/Str Sram and an Int/Cha Rogue, I would have all bases covered.
Score : 430
Benja-might|2017-06-16 14:53:24
Thanks dgjna - you know a Sram is one of the few classes I've never played, but I believe they make for a good Agility/Strength build... correct? My biggest fear with my current setup, is I only have 3 elements covered. My Iop is Str/Int, and if I go Int/Cha or Int/Agi with my Rogue, I'm still leaving 1 element out either way. If I had a Agi/Str Sram and an Int/Cha Rogue, I would have all bases covered.
Unless you are making a full team (4-8 chars) you don't really need to worry about elemental coverage.

Rogue is one of the few classes that doesn't benefit from being hybrid, and also has mediocre synergy with Iop.

As dgjna mentioned, Iop/Elio and Sram/Rogue are amazing duos, so I'd recommend you to go with any of those if you wanna be successful, on the other hard, if you only want to play your favorite classes, go for it.
Kaim,
Thank you so much for the advice - I was definitely concerned about elemental coverage, and it's nice to know that's not really an issue. If you don't mind a couple follow up questions:
Is Intellegence still the ideal Rogue for PvM if you're doing Duo's, or should I consider going Agility?
What Sram build works best for a Rogue Duo team? I'm very unfamiliar with Srams.
Thanks again for all the feedback, it's greatly appreciated.Benjamight
Score : 430
Indeed, intelligence Rogue is still the best partner for duos because you'll be short in damage in some situations with other builds and you'll be lacking heals.

As for the Sram, agility is definitely the way to go, not only because of the lock on your double but also for the dodge, which allows you to place enemies on the bomb glyph more easily.
Thanks for the follow up Kaim. I'm excited to try out a Sram - time to read up on Sram forums for tips, tricks, and mistakes to avoid...lol.
Have a good one,Benjamight
Respond to this thread