FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

no in game tanks

By hemsz#7590 - FORMER SUBSCRIBER - June 27, 2017, 08:04:26

I dont know if its just me but I am new player to the game...
and for an mmorpg suprisingly dofus seems to have no completely viable tanks.
From what i have read on the forum discussions sacrier used to be the games tank but he is not viable anymore in late game content.
This hurts the game i really feel because now me and my friend who is playing eneripsa have to struggle to run dungeons.
I am really struggling to find a class that can deal good damage from range but isint as orthodox as cra in pvm all because of lack of tanks.
I would really appreciate suggestions on such a class until ankama decides the game does need a tank after all.
Thanks

0 0
Reactions 13
Score : 147

Not sure why u would need a tank to run any part of this game but there is viable tanks noting with the 2 top tanks, Feca and maskqueraid. Sac was never a tank it was only a meatshield.

1 0
Score : 124

maybe in late game but when me and my friends play our osamada does all the work of tanking the hits and i dont feel thats too ideal and anyhow could u mention a class other than cra that does good damage at a long range pls?
Thanks

0 0
Score : 2089

Dofus concept of tanks is much more about locking than absorbing damage, and that's unhealthy.
If you lock someone, that completly takes them out of the fight, unless you give them enough countplays for that. On PvP, there are plenty, but on PvE, there's none. There are very few bosses that can push you away and they don't do enough damage to kill a tank, specially if there's someone behind healing them, and that's not funny at all.
High lvl bosses are starting to get much more dogde on their statuses but it is still possible to lock them in a way that they won't move for the entire fight, think Nidas.
There's no need to add a class that sits on the boss' face and stops them from fighting back.

1 0
Score : 1850

Dofus' take on how tanks behave seem to gravitate around locking opponents and some manner of damage reduction.

Feca does this incredibly well because of its powerful shields, gravity state, and debilitating glyphs. Every other class that can be considered a tank can't apply the gravity state which is a pretty big deal with more monsters and players being able to either swap or teleport.

Sacrier perform all these pretty well too, Unleashed has a -30 dodge penalty coupled with its Robust punishment +40 lock and 60% damage reduction, which I think is better than having 5k+ vitality, and healing.

Masqueraider have powerful shields and can improve their lock with Classic Mask which is nice but lacks any real damage reduction.

Ouginak can steal dodge (Cerberus -50), heal, shield (Protective Pelt), and reduce damage (Watchdog 15%), the only down side is while they do pretty much everything they're not the best at any of it. Masqueraiders have better shields, Sacriers and Fecas have better damage reduction and since there all have some kind of locking capabilities I don't really know where that leave Ouginaks when it comes to being a Tank.

I didn't forget Pandawa, I left them till last for a reason, the game tells us they're supposed to perform some manner of tank role but all they have is damage reduction. No lock. No shields. No healing. They have a ton of utility spells though.

1 0
Score : 124

The thing is that at later stages of the game it is not feasible as no characters can survive that many hits close range .(or so i have heard)
In this case theres no point in being able to lock down enemies if you are already dead
Btw sorry for replying so late to my own post. (Real life caught up) ;D.

0 0
Score : 2035

Surviving in close range depends more on gear than class. I use my panda as a tank. He has 160+ lock and 30%+ resists in each element to reduce damage. He also uses a melee res% shield, emerald dofus (and soon ivory dofus) and boozer to help reduce more damage. He can last sometimes 5 turns+ tanking 2 mobs without any assistance, but my eni will heal him up when need be. He doesn't do much damage though. Sacriers are pretty good tanks again as they have lifesteal effects while pandawa doesn't.

0 0
Score : 1567
"Tanks" In common MMORPGS are based around distracting the Boss and Mobs while DPS unload their rotations... And honestly that's BORING to me I can't stand traditional MMORPGs.

But since Dofus doesn't work like a traditional MMORPG a tank's role is to, "protect in the moment."

For example you're fighting Buccaneer Dungeon (Lvl 150-160) boss he does decent damage.
Your plan to kill him last. So from a range you try to pull the small mobs towards you while keeping Bucc in the back. A tank will intercept Bucc when he comes close to take the damage so that way he can be pushed back and kept away.

So essentially Tanks don't sit in front of the boss their job in Dofus is to play keep away with them when they come close. This is why Pandawas are considered tanks because they can keep the boss back and take a hit. Masq's are also good in this regard because of their mobility. Iops do the job well also with Jump and Intimidation. Sacriers are good second tanks they pull enemies up and can use evasion to get rid of the boss with the help of a main tank i.e Pandawa. Fecas are amazing at keeping the boss in place without being next to them using gravity state, MP reduction, and AP reduction. They can play the typical MMORPG tank roll but they ultimately need to return back to the group and protect the front line by preventing enemies from crossing into your comfort zone with glyphs. 

So think of "Tanks" in dofus as Springs not Walls. They keep the boss away by getting close and surviving the front of attacks and then returning back to your group to be healed. At least in my perspective that's how I see it. 
1 0
Score : 512

Windedge|2017-08-30 03:38:59
"So think of "Tanks" in dofus as Springs not Walls. They keep the boss away by getting close and surviving the front of attacks and then returning back to your group to be healed. At least in my perspective that's how I see it."

THAT is the definition and role of a tank xD I'm not sure why you try to make it sound different when it is clearly not.

I get your point, tanking is not being surrounded by 250 enemies that deal no damage like other games but the mechanic is the same, tanks take hits while the team does other stuff.

-----------

Masqueraiders are not tanks, they are protectors (they don't go in first line because they can give more shields to allies rather than themselves).

Fecas do both jobs (tank and protect) relatively well, but unlike Masqs, they have tools to stay in first line (more damage reduction, glyphs, annoyance, etc)

Sacriers are versatile, they can tank, self heal and have protection to allies, the drawback is the total lack of annoyance (no mp/ap reduction, unbewitch, stats stealing, range reduction, boost for allies, poison, summons, etc) just raw damage.

Pandawa is an incomplete class when it comes to tanking, mainly because of the lack of any healing/hp steal spell other than carrying a barrel which heals 200 per turn and also means you don't benefit from Boozer's damage reduction.

Ouginak is... kind of in between.
They have HP shield, damage reduction, self heal and some annoyance (mp steal, erosion, gravity state, dodge penalty etc), but  they don't specialize in anything. Their shield is not high enough and can be unbewitched with just a Frightening Word, the damage reduction is low, and the self healing is limited by Prey and Rage.

-----------

IMO the game is unbalanced, on PvM tanking is useless on pretty much all endgame dungeons because enemies can drop your max HP very quickly and there is no way to regain max HP.

On the other side, tanking on PvP (kolo) is extremely powerful because you can nullify an enemy and change the match to a 2 vs 2 of your pleasure.

0 0
Score : 66

KaimArgonar-|2017-08-30 10:24:55
Windedge|2017-08-30 03:38:59
"So think of "Tanks" in dofus as Springs not Walls. They keep the boss away by getting close and surviving the front of attacks and then returning back to your group to be healed. At least in my perspective that's how I see it."

THAT is the definition and role of a tank xD I'm not sure why you try to make it sound different when it is clearly not.

I get your point, tanking is not being surrounded by 250 enemies that deal no damage like other games but the mechanic is the same, tanks take hits while the team does other stuff.

-----------

Masqueraiders are not tanks, they are protectors (they don't go in first line because they can give more shields to allies rather than themselves).

Fecas do both jobs (tank and protect) relatively well, but unlike Masqs, they have tools to stay in first line (more damage reduction, glyphs, annoyance, etc)

Sacriers are versatile, they can tank, self heal and have protection to allies, the drawback is the total lack of annoyance (no mp/ap reduction, unbewitch, stats stealing, range reduction, boost for allies, poison, summons, etc) just raw damage.

Pandawa is an incomplete class when it comes to tanking, mainly because of the lack of any healing/hp steal spell other than carrying a barrel which heals 200 per turn and also means you don't benefit from Boozer's damage reduction.

Ouginak is... kind of in between.
They have HP shield, damage reduction, self heal and some annoyance (mp steal, erosion, gravity state, dodge penalty etc), but  they don't specialize in anything. Their shield is not high enough and can be unbewitched with just a Frightening Word, the damage reduction is low, and the self healing is limited by Prey and Rage.

-----------

IMO the game is unbalanced, on PvM tanking is useless on pretty much all endgame dungeons because enemies can drop your max HP very quickly and there is no way to regain max HP.

On the other side, tanking on PvP (kolo) is extremely powerful because you can nullify an enemy and change the match to a 2 vs 2 of your pleasure.

I don't think you read what I put so I'll do a TLDR:
Dofus a tank is character that can push the enemy away and protect the rest of their team. That's why Pandawas are great tanks. They can block an enemy off for a few turns to protect your side of the field.
Look at tanks as a goalie and the rest of your team as the goal. Goalies don't hold the ball for a long time. They catch it and toss it back into play. If you play like this I promise you your tank can survive any dungeon no matter the level. 
0 0

I did read that part but the guy is being incoherent in different paragraphs so I decided to reply to his last words instead of the whole post.

Picking up and throwing an enemy is not tanking, it's positioning. That's because the Pandawa isn't blocking the enemy, but the Enutrof or whoever is reducing enemies MP/AP/Range.

And no, even if you're doing tank&run strategy you aren't gonna last long (looks like the guy acusing me of not reading didn't read me when I expalined this part, the key thing here is Erosion).

I dare you to tank 3-4 turns against Missiz Freezz.

0 0

Lance-Vance-Dance|2017-08-30 20:06:35
panda tank 7 mobs ez
https://youtu.be/VN25teKqdZM

Panda full vit/resist 200 tanks lower lvl mobs who do not erode with a dofus that has was nerfed for being overpowered.

100% valid.
0 0
Score : 1567

KaimArgonar-|2017-08-30 11:18:33
I did read that part but the guy is being incoherent in different paragraphs so I decided to reply to his last words instead of the whole post.

Picking up and throwing an enemy is not tanking, it's positioning. That's because the Pandawa isn't blocking the enemy, but the Enutrof or whoever is reducing enemies MP/AP/Range.

And no, even if you're doing tank&run strategy you aren't gonna last long (looks like the guy acusing me of not reading didn't read me when I expalined this part, the key thing here is Erosion).

I dare you to tank 3-4 turns against Missiz Freezz.

You wouldn't tank 3-4 turns against Freezz that's my exact point. You don't tank you keep her away. 
All Tank Roll classes share the ability to position enemies. I don't know what the developers intended tanks to be in this game but it was clear they never Intended for Tanks to do what Tanks do in the traditional sense. I assume they designed tanks to be the ones to get up-close so they can re-position enemies to protect a team. 
But you are right it's rare you ever need to use them even for that my team is based around Nuking with Elio/Iop/Panda/Eni/Feca and soon to be Osamodas and Masq to add even more buffs. But I use my feca to keep enemies from entering the portals and when the damage and Erosion becomes too much I back away and play more defensively it works so far, but you don't need to do complete any of the dungeons.

Also my apologies I'm new to reading the format of replies so I mixed your reply with someone's else. I see that mistake now after going back and re-reading everything. 

0 0
Respond to this thread