By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

To hybridize or not to hybridize, that is the question!

By Xandikins August 07, 2007, 01:07:10

Ok, so, I'm a mid-level Cra going into the high levels. Int is getting boring, and somewhat unversatile. I like versatility. So I had an idea... I said to myself: "Xandie, your int cap has been 3:1 for a fudge-load of time now, maybe you should Hybridize!" Then, of course, a little voice in the back of my head said "No! Invest in Vit instead! It'll make you last longer in PvP and you can't get much more damage than Explosive Arrow anyways... Plus! Hybrids are complicated to equip appropriately..."

STUPID NAGGING CONSCIENCE! What to do? I thought about strength... But... Meh... Explosive Arrow has better range, damage, and AoE than Destructive Arrow, for the same AP cost, so what's the point? Then a gleam of green caught my eye... Or maybe it's teal? Anywho, Agility became an option. Sure Plaguing Arrow doesn't have the world's awesomest damage, but it DOES have that "no-line-of-sight" specialness which might come in handy! Retreat Arrow COULD MAYBE be handy too... Mediocre AP cost (4) and not SO bad damage (16-21 at lvl 121, 14-19 before that), with pushback, natch. Then I saw Absorptive Arrow. Hmm. 5 AP, bleh. 13-24 damage, I've seen worse, I guess. 1-8 range, guess I can't quite throw a rock that far... OOOH! HP stealing! But, is it REALLY worth it? As a secondary option, I guess those three spells can come in handy in tight situations. Obviously, they add versatility to JUST doing damage.

So! I need comments and feedback. How's my reasoning? I'd want to go hybrid Int/Agi Cra.

Everything constructive is appreciated! Thanks a bunch!

Xandikins

0 0
Reactions 26
Score : 5169

My cra will be my most expensive and concentrated on character.. It will be the first that I

Scroll to full
Diamond to full

But! All points will be spent on intelligence..

Hybrid character (one that has points spent in two stats) = a character that is bad in two elements and good in none.

0 0
Score : 949

Lol, that was an entertaining post.

That aside, I just wanted to add that if you're going int/agi, the Ceremonial set will compliment nicely. So there's no fiddling around with custom sets to get the optimal hybrid set, so long as you make it there.

0 0
Score : 3221

Im in agreeance with Alfried and my own 2 cents are .

If your going to start boosting agi you might as well scroll to 50 (not that hard) then boost it .
Also for fun , scroll chance as much as possible since slow down arrow is hella fun (Even if you dont level the spell , the extra AoE and variety of elements could be very useful )

Also i suggest just not boosting vit at all , scrolling it to 25 is simple and if you want another 15 free vit just choose one of the heart orders available to rank 20+ aligned characters (about 2 days+work for a free 15 vit , though you do miss out on invisi ).
After level 100 (especially after about 115+) many equipment will have a formidable amount of +vit , making your points put into vitality almost feel like a waste when your wearing 6+ pieces of equipment that give around 100+ vit , sometimes 200+ vit and this isnt including set bonus's as well .
In due time you will be over 1000 vit and the points used will hardly make any difference in pvp .

Btw agi cras are fun , i got one (skyfox) and often log off my panda just to fool around on her .

• Deth-Klok 110 panda .
0 0
Score : 2596

I would scroll agility to 101, since I think it's good to hybrid to agility. This way you could do things like meet dagger requirments easily. Those Neutral/Agi damage ones would be perfect if you firemage them, and Angelika bow (sp?) would be a good weapon for int/agi.

0 0
Citation
FlaMinXRaY :
I would scroll agility to 101, since I think it's good to hybrid to agility. This way you could do things like meet dagger requirments easily. Those Neutral/Agi damage ones would be perfect if you firemage them, and Angelika bow (sp?) would be a good weapon for int/agi.

Easier said than done.

Scrolling to 80 is easy, 101 is not worth it. 101 Agi is only viable if you're a really awkard build, with horrible softcaps.
0 0
Score : 316

LecterLives knows what hes talking about. You should definately put all of your into int because of the cra's bad soft caps. You can go int/agi hybrid spellwise, and just scroll your agi to 101(it may seem difficult, but if u scroll little by little its really easy). Anyways, you could most likely scroll your agi faster then lvling up and putting points into agi since the caps on agi are extreme(1-1 from 1-50, 2-1 from 51-100, 3-1 from 101-150, 4-1 from 151-200, 5-1 from 201-XXX). Scrolling would much more effective and enjoyable in the end.

0 0
Score : 133

Ceremonial Set is a nice agi/int set, but as other cras will be quick to point out, it'd leave you with a severe shortage of crits to leverage Lashing/Paralyzing and Absorptive Arrow, unless you got a Turquoise Dofus.

Cras have extreme caps in pretty much all stats, so I'd rule out Str/Int hybrid right away. Agility may be worth gettin to 150 (after scrolling) once your Int hits 250 though. Then it's either working up to 350 base Int or 200 base Agi (doubt you can do both).

0 0
Citation
FakePlasticTrees :
Cras have extreme caps in pretty much all stats, so I'd rule out Str/Int hybrid right away. Agility may be worth gettin to 150 (after scrolling) once your Int hits 250 though. Then it's either working up to 350 base Int or 200 base Agi (doubt you can do both).

Its quite moderate, but I wouldn't call 50/150/250 or 50/100/150 extreme though. Extreme is like 20/40/60 - for awkward builds such as Agility Xelor, etc.
And I also doubt that you'd get 350 base. Heck I'm a Feca ,who has the "easy" softcaps for int but I know most people don't go beyond 300 base (which is equivalent of 250 base for intel Cra) because adding characteristic points at 4 to 1 is quite rediculous. People usually go adding things that are 3 to 1 or lower - like wisdom, vitality or secondary characteristics.
0 0
Score : 844

Hear this:

Next update will bring you the possibility to reset your stats. So gather stat scrolls ready, but don't use any of them yet!

After the update, try all the possible builds you can think of and reset your stats if you don't feel comfortable with your test.

Otherwise, int Crâ -> 275, after that to agi which has been scrolled to at least 80. But this is only my opinion...

0 0

They've already said there will be systems in place to prevent people from just constantly changing builds like that, so it's not a good idea to "try all the possible builds" cause we don't know how it will work.

0 0
Score : 37

Wow thanks for the comments everyone!

So when considering it all, I think I'm going to hybrid into Agi, but do it slowly. I'll finish up my stuff as pure Intel (with char points) and scroll the heck out of Agi later. Though Cras aren't amazing at PvP, I do presume they're good at hunting and farming. So, once I get Explosive Arrow, I think getting the resources for higher level scrolls will be not too hard.

Why decide to go agi after all? "Btw agi cras are fun , i got one (skyfox) and often log off my panda just to fool around on her ." Thanks for the info chicken ^^
Yeah, I'm guessing it's stupid to try and have the most powerful character, so I'll opt for the most enjoyable one I can get ^^

0 0
Score : 180

i have no idea wat he just posted.....its too long and don make sense sry cant help ya

0 0
Score : 133
Citation

Its quite moderate, but I wouldn't call 50/150/250 or 50/100/150 extreme though. Extreme is like 20/40/60 - for awkward builds such as Agility Xelor, etc.
And I also doubt that you'd get 350 base. Heck I'm a Feca ,who has the "easy" softcaps for int but I know most people don't go beyond 300 base (which is equivalent of 250 base for intel Cra) because adding characteristic points at 4 to 1 is quite rediculous. People usually go adding things that are 3 to 1 or lower - like wisdom, vitality or secondary characteristics.

That's why I suggested pumping agi (3:1 at 100-150) after int hits 250 (i.e. when 4:1 starts). I suppose pumping wisdom is okay too (after scrolling to 101) once you reach 250 int and 150 agi. Vit is not worth investing in at higher levels, so 4:1 in your main stat is still preferable.
Citation
Why decide to go agi after all?

Indeed, why agi after all? Arguably, agi gives the greatest tactical advantage of any stat. With the cra's caps, you would not gain enough mileage from pumping both str and int to matter in the long run, while that bit of 50-100 agi might help you make that game-breaking dodge-lock smile . Plus, agi builds are usually more fun ;p.
0 0
Score : 316

Idk if ur still reading up on thread but i just came up with an idea. After u reach lvl120~ u can make yourself a good 10ap set with 1/2 absorb arrow and if u have burning arrow lvled, 1/2 burning also(28fire dmg on crits). I've sorta been messing around with my char equips and stuff, playing with differant elements to see what they're like. I've found that hybrid cra's are awesome for pvm. Awesome as in funner than normal and more dmg given that u use the element ur enemy is weak against.

With the new update u might want to forget lvling weapon skills and put those points into various elemental atks. I'd say hybrid cra's are best with crit's cause that gives u the ability to get x3dmgs from powerful shooting allowing u to do good dmg with any element. Also Bow Skill(+dmgs) increases dmgs with all elements.

Right now i'm mainly an int cra, with 10ap. I use lashing arrow mainly for earth dmgs(1/2 crits very nice). Absorb and retreat for air dmg(useful spells). Explosive and frozen arrow for fire dmg. I don't use slow down arrow because its futile compared to the explosive/x2 frozen combo. Having all those spells at 1/2 except retreat arrow is definately possible w/o a turq. My weapon of choice is a Fire maged doozi bow. Even while using an agi bow meow(for better dodging/locking) i still hit over 500 on crits.

Hybrid cra should go for crit hitting and +dmg equips. Plus cra's wearing Solomonk and Rags are the sexiest.

0 0
Score : 271

I have to completely agree with therussian.

lecterlive's "Hybrid character (one that has points spent in two stats) = a character that is bad in two elements and good in none. " saying is completely wrong! a hybrid char is a char that is good in 2 or more elements! and not just awesome in one.

Get a nice amount of crits and some good hybrid equipment and +damage and +%damage equipment and you'll be laughing at the consistently high damage you'll be doing in PvM. I hit (aprox) 100-200 with explosive, 100-200 with absorbative, 100-150 with destructive, 70-120 with lashing, 80-120 with slow-down and 250-500+with my daggers and my equipment sucks I'm level 152 and my highest level piece of equipment (not including my weapon lol biggrin ) is my solomonk, so if you actually spend some time/money on your cra and get a turq dofus! you can kick some serious arse and always be usefull against any monster and be able to take mp and ap... You'll still suck in PvP tho smile

0 0

A scrolled hybrid character is a exceptional in one element, and average in all others.

A hybrid character that you spend points in 2 elements.. Well, they just plain suck.

0 0
Score : 3027
Citation
assmole :
and get a turq dofus!

Well, thats the point - a must have for a Cra. Without it, you pretty much suck - especially at higher levels since there is no appropriate equipment that gives sufficient crits - even more for a hybrid char that needs dmg, %dmg, range and a good amount of Vit and Wis.

Without this Dofus, and if you still want to go for crits, you should go for Int/Agi or Str/Agi. Much better is Int/Agi, since there is better Crit/Int than Crit/Str equipment for higher levels - and Explosive beats any Destructive and Punitive regarding damage, range and AoE.

If you are Str/Agi and do not have a Turquiose Dofus, the Solomonk is indeed your best highest level equip, along with PDB, Rags, Gelano, Farle parts, - and possible Dreggon Boots and certain Moowolf parts (Str). That is, most equip is sub level 90.

However, to say the truth, a scrolled Cra - hybrid or not - equipped with that Dofus, will suck equally compared to any other class that have one too. And I dont mean just PvP - one against the other.

Btw, do you have a Turquiose Dofus? And if, how long did it take to get a it? Or, how much did you pay for it?
0 0
Score : 3781

A high level agility Cra with perfect crits on equipment should be okay without a Turqouise Dofus.

Equipment:

• Solomonk +7 Crits
  • Dreggon Amulet +2 Crits
  • Cape Tenfuture +3 Crits
  • Ceremonial Ring of the Lord of the Rats +4 Crits
  • Harry Boots +4 Crits
  • Runaway Bow +6 Crits
  • PDB + Gelano for 10 AP

This adds up to a total of +26 Crits.

Other crit sources:

• Agility Bonus +3 Crits
  • Critical Shooting +8 Crits
  • Spy Order Bonus +1 Crit

With these added in the total is 38, which should do. The agility bonus on most of this equipment is fairly nice as well. If the player didn't want to be in the Spy Order, he could mage +1 Crit on to the Gelano.

Kind of an aside to the topic at hand, but it's the only Cra set for high levels I could figure out where you could get enough +crits without needing a Turq Dofus. Of course, some of the equipment is crazy expensive and you need everything perfect... probably still easier than dropping a Turq on demand.

On Topic

In the case of the Cra, I looked at a lot of equipment for different builds, and finding the right equipment for most single element Cras to have enough +crits and 10 AP with good equipment without a Turq is pretty much impossible. The only set I thought was decent is above, and it only works for agility Cras with deep pockets willing to use a bow. I wouldn't even want to try to figure out a set for a multi-element Cra - I don't think it would end out very well.
0 0
Score : 3027

Nice work, KA-Dofus!

Indeed, the set is quite propper:
Vit: ~940
Agi: ~250
dmg: ~40
%dmg: ~36
Str: ~40
%res fire: ~21%
%res air: ~15%
and sufficient crits

For hybrid Cras (either Int/Agi or Str/Agi) who have 250 base in their Int (respectively Str) and 150 base in Agi, and assuming they use a 50% dmg pet, the resulting effective stat (inclusive counting %dmg) for Str is 380 and 340 for Int.
For Agi this is a good amount of 480 (inclusive %dmg).
(Yes, essentially, this is an Int respectively a Str Cra in an Crit/Agi dress)

What damage may they achieve?

Main damage spells:
Absorptive Arrow would hit for 140 (regular hit) and 210 (crit hit) in average, 175 average @ 1/2 crit.
For Int/Agi Cras, Explosive Arrow would hit for 88 to 204 (center), 146 average.
For Str/Agi Cras, Punitive would hit for 40 to 180 (regular) and 40 to 485 (crit), 186 average @ 1/2 crit, Destructive Arrow would hit for 131 in average.

Runaway bow, in case for a Str/Agi hybrid:
Element Min Avg Max
Neutral: 153 189 225
Steal/Air: 60 66 72
Total: 213 255 297
Critical Hit:
Neutral: 229 265 301
Air: 160 166 172
Total: 389 431 473

Air-forged Runaway bow, Str/Agi respectively Int/Agi hybrid:
Element Min Avg Max
Air: 172 207 241
Steal/Air: 60 66 72
Total: 232 273 313
Critical Hit:
Air: 272 307 341
Steal/Air: 160 166 172
Total: 432 473 513

Well, a pure Agi Cra may have at max 100 effective stats point in Agi more than his hybrid brothers -- and would suffer from a weak Explosive respectively weak Destructive/Punitive. The slight increase in Air damage (about 20 with Absorptive Arrow) doesn't make the difference. So, IMO, pure Agi is not the way to go.

You may also see, the damage is compareable to an Iop at level 100 or a Feca at level 130. This Cra requires at least level 160 to get the points, scrolls and equipment together, though.

0 0
Respond to this thread