Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Strongest Class Aoe Spell?

By Village-Guardian August 19, 2007, 07:02:07

Sadidas - Manifold
Iop - SOI
Osa - Poc
Feca - Burning glyph

Just curious to see which one of the above is strongest. I was gearing towards feca's burning glyph or osa's poc spell .

0 0
Reactions 24
Score : 7

1> Feca: Burning Glyph
2> Enu: Mass Clumsiness
3> Cra: Bat's eye
4> Xelor: Haziness
5> Sram: Paralyzing Trap

0 0
Score : 5174

Sram = Mass Trap.

0 0
Score : 8183
Citation
LecterLives :
Sram = Mass Trap.

"It's a TRAP" (Hehe, love that quote. I'm making an Sram just because of that reason alone.)

I feel strongly, that the Cra's AoE spell is one of the best. Or at least--will soon be.
(The name of the spell eludes me, but it has an AoE.)

Reason? there will be an up-coming up-date, that will benefit long range characters.
(Untouched/rarely touched maps, will give an EXP bonus/drop bonus.)

• Cato
0 0
Score : 335

The strongest is definitely Burning Glyph. The ability to do good, consistent damage over a few turns to several monsters is quite nice.

Other than that - you missed Cra's Explosive Arrow. The damage is fairly random, but it does good damage on a good roll. If you were going for a complete AoE damage spell list, you also missed Iop's Celestial Sword, Panda's Burning Flask, Sram's traps, and Xelor's Temporal Dust (and a few other low-damage or small-AoE/linear spells).

Anyway, of the ones you mentioned:

Burning Glyph
SoI
Manifold
PoC

PoC hits harder than Manifold, but no range sucks. SoI has widely variable damage as well, but the AoE shape is useful and it doesn't hit the caster.

0 0
Score : 607

What about the Ecaflip's playful claw, I think thats what it's called anyway. Yes its a linear AoE, but it does a good amount damage.

0 0
Score : 11353
Citation
Village-Guardian :
Sadidas - Manifold

12-14 base damage at level 5. Average: 13
Citation
Iop - SOI

13-39 base damage at level 5. Average: 26
Citation
Osa - Poc

18-37 base damage at level 5. Average: 27.5
Citation
Feca - Burning glyph

14-42 base damage at level 5. Average: 28

Manifold Bramble isn't even in the running.

• DS
0 0
Score : 170

Ok thanks raiutaryuu . I guess the lack of damage from manifold makes up for it by the ap cost and castable every turn.

0 0
Score : 367

So, Celestial Sword doesn't even get an honorable mention? 26-40 not good enough for ya? Manifold is good for the size 4 aoe, non-boostable/reduceable range, and 3ap cost.

0 0
Score : 640
Citation
Raiutaryuu :
Citation
Village-Guardian :
Sadidas - Manifold

12-14 base damage at level 5. Average: 13
Citation
Iop - SOI

13-39 base damage at level 5. Average: 26
Citation
Osa - Poc

18-37 base damage at level 5. Average: 27.5
Citation
Feca - Burning glyph

14-42 base damage at level 5. Average: 28

Manifold Bramble isn't even in the running.

-DS

Its the quickest spell. And the most comfortable. Burning glyph- you should wait till monsters' turns. Waste of time. ; Osas' PoC- you should have the monsters close to you. Very close. Till u do that u will waste time too. Manifold is great for drop hunts at flowers- just one hit with this long ranged spell will kill all the small flowers and add a bramble after that and you can finish the snflowers too.
0 0
Score : 199

eni - revitalizing.
hax!

manifold and burning gylph are 3ap, sword of iop and poc are 5ap and celestial sword is 4ap.
can we calculate cost per ap, plus burning owns biggrin (can hit 1 time per 1AP on level4, but thats only optional)
"no one is dumb enough to stay on a gylph" - not everyone can run from it! smile

0 0
Score : 317

Wow, i can't believe explosive arrow is hardly mentioned(only by cato who didn't even know its name). Explosive is by far the best AoE spell because its castable twice a turn with 8base range(boostable, not linear) and 10-34 dmg. 22average per hit.
SoI and Celest sword are both linear making them inferior to explosive.
Burning glyph has a cooldown. Manifold is much weaker and once a turn.
PoC has no range and 5ap.
Mass trap has no gaurantee of hitting the enemy, and linear.

With these conclusions explosive is #1 AoE spell.

0 0

Those mentioned by the OP:

Manifold Bramble
AP cost: 3
Average damage per AP: 4.33
Range: 6 (Linear)
AoE size: 4
Cooldown/Casts per turn: 0/1
Other: ~

Sword of Iop
AP cost: 5
Average damage per AP: 5.2
Range: 4 (Linear)
AoE size: 3 (Cross)
Cooldown/Casts per turn: 0/infinite
Other: Doesn't hit caster

Punch of the Crackler
Average damage per AP: 5.5
Range: 1 (Non-boostable)
AoE size: 2
Other: Doesn't hit caster

Burning Glyph
AP cost: 3
Average damage per AP: 9.33
Range: 4 (Linear, non-boostable)
AoE size: 3
Cooldown/Casts per turn: 3/1
Other: Glyph - multiple turns

0 0

Others:

Celestial Sword
AP cost: 4
Average damage per AP: 8.25
Range: 3 (Linear, non-boostable)
Other: Low Iop agility stat caps

Explosive Arrow
Average damage per AP: 5.5
Range: 8
Cooldown/Casts per turn: 0/2

Mass Trap (level 6)
Average damage per AP: 3.25
Range: 5 (Linear)
Other: No line of sight required

Explosive Flask
AP cost: 2
Average damage per AP: 9
Range: 2-4 (Linear, non-boostable)
Cooldown/Casts per turn: 0/1

Temporal Dust (level 6)
Average damage per AP: 2.9
Range: 7
Other: Drains 1 AP

Other AoE damage spells not listed due to weakness/small or linear AoE: Striking; Burning and Slow Down Arrow (Cra); Roulette, Playful Claw, and All or Nothing (Ecaflip); Mound (Enutrof); Aggressive Glyph (Feca); Sword of Fate, Brokle, and Cut (Iop); Serial Lightnings (Osamoda's Magus Bwork summon spell); Pandatak (Pandawa); Earthquake, Poisoned Wind, and Wild Grasses (Sadida); Poisoned and Unsummoning Traps (Sram).

0 0
Score : 5076

Very nice comparison. I'd love to have the AP cost next to it, though. It would then also allow you to see what other spells could be case in the same turn, which is quite useful.

0 0
Citation
Blimy :
Very nice comparison. I'd love to have the AP cost next to it, though. It would then also allow you to see what other spells could be case in the same turn, which is quite useful.

Good idea smile I added that above.
0 0
Score : 170

So manifold has bigger aoe.

0 0
Score : 8183

On a similar note: Which of the man AoE spells, can be casted more than once or twice?, in a turn.

(I've only had experience with two-- Manifold and Temp' Dust.)

0 0
Score : 380

i sujest osa for PoC, it's lower level very good damage and u can use your summons and ghostly claw until u get close enough then BAM PoC doing massive dmg

0 0
Score : 7681

Manifold has a really big AoE, which is both good and bad. It's good because you can hit a lot of enemies at once, but it's bad becuase it becomes really easy for allies or even the caster to get caught in it.

But, in terms of raw damage, it's still one of the weakest AoE attacks in the game, if not the weakest. (As you can see from pybu's list, it's the second-worst damge/AP AoE attack in the game).

0 0
Respond to this thread