FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

New character for new server

By dsgaasdfhgav June 03, 2008, 15:51:03

I want you say me about a creating a new character... so my options are agi iop or str cra, 2 absolutely diferent ways to play but i havent tried them ever. so just tell me if i do well and how to do it please. thxx

0 0
Reactions 9
Score : 1032

Choose the Iop...he is much better at taking on opponents than a Cra.
Later on everyone will beg you to fight rats with them because of that uber smexy spell that you learn at lvl 70.

0 0
Score : 110

well i was thinkin about it, but begin an agy iop without scrolls is such a little bit difficult, think i wont be able to airmage weapons till jobs grow a lot... i dont know, has anybody done an agi iop begining a new server¿¿ if you can tell me which skills put on my sp i woud be great

thx rip 2pac

0 0
Score : 1032

there's a guide of dofus.wikia if you want to use it.
it's easier if you pu stat pts into vitality and just rely on equipment for your stats. (then again I play a Sacrier so I wouldn't know too much about how Iop boost agility)

If you want the link to the guide this is it.

P.S.
I didn't write that guide.

0 0
Score : 3782

Well, personally I'm making a vitality Iop currently using a mix of +Dmg, % Dmg, and agil and intel equipment with a mix of agility and intelligence spells that I rather enjoy due to it's flexibility. However, this is on Rushu where such equipment is readily available.

Your damage probably won't suffer all that much due to the crazy stat caps on agility, so going vitality isn't that bad of a plan for non str based Iops. You can always scroll up agility over time for the extra damage boost that allows. It's fairly easy to scroll up to 50, so that's a good start on the damage stat to begin with, and you can boost it to 101 as you play.

In the link provided by Sosha it talks about spending stat points on chance to boost up the water steal portion of Sword of Judgment. Don't do that. The steals on the spell derive much more benefit from +damage than they will from stat points.

By all means scroll chance if you wish, but even at 101 the effect on the steal will be marginal.

The same goes for fire based steals and intelligence obviously. Scrolling int would be cool if you hybrid into the fire spells, but it's not worth it at all for the steal due to the expense and difficulty of scrolling it.

Further, I think at least Intimidation 3 would be good to knock back foes to deal with the AoE of Celestial. Mine is at 4, as I use it for both Celestial and Strengthstorm due to my hybrid nature. Also, you should have Jump 5... as to not level Jump is pretty crazy. As for the Vitality spell, I think that not very crucial early on for an Iop based on vitality, but might be a good add on when you have extra points.

If you start one up, good luck to you.

0 0

OH that woud be nice, if you put the skills where i must spent my sk point and some equipmen for low level that would be just so great, thx a lot

0 0

Well, what I'm doing won't be all that easy on a new server as it relies a bit on equipment that won't be all that common right away. Then again, none of it is all that fancy by a long shot.

Equipment

You need equipment providing +Dmg, % Dmg, agil, intel, and as much AP and MP as you can given those. Range boosts don't matter, nor do +crits. At really low levels your damage won't be great, but nobody has good damage then. At least you'll have good hp and self heal to back it up.

At level 76, I am using the following:

Boowolf Headgear: Vitality, Wisdom, Agility, + Damage; Aerdala Amulet: Vitality, Agility, +Damage, +1 AP; Vegicape: +Damage, %Damage; Gelano: +1 AP; Nonsenz Ring: Vitality, Agility, +Damage; The Xerbo: Wisdom, Agility, +Damage, % Damage; Wabbit Flip-Flops: Intelligence, +Damage; Atooin: +Damage; Gobball Royal Sword: + Wis (Yes, mine gives +4 Wis. Wooo!)

With all that I have 8 AP, 3 MP, 152 Agil (32 Scrolled), 33 Intel (5 Scrolled), +32% Damage, +40 Damage. The equipment also gives +50 Wisdom, which isn't horrible. The problem is the 3 MP, which I will fix with Legendary Crackler Boots at level 86.

The set works pretty well for me. The +damage makes Sword of Judgment quite effective for self healing.

Spells

I selected spells to allow me to combine air and fire attack spells effectively given the base of 8 AP to work with, backed up with the basic utility and buff spells handy to all Iops.

Utility:

Jump 5: This is just plain handy to have. It also makes up for the lame 3 MP I have in my current gear.
Intimidation 4: For knocking foes back foes to attack with SS or Celestial. If only using Celestial, level 3 would be good.

Buffs:

Power 5: Buffs both air and fire damage, handy with my focus on vitality.
Compulsion 5: Buffs both air and fire damage, especially the steals on Sword of Judgment.

Having 8 AP allows me to cast both buffs in one turn.

Attacks:

Celestial Sword 5: Boosted to level 5 for the 4 AP cost to allow two attacks per turn.
Divine Sword 5: Boosted to level 5 for the 4 AP cost to allow two attacks per turn.
Sword of Judgment 4: Boosted to level 4 for the 5 AP cost to combo with SS.

Strengthstorm 5: Boosted to level 5 because it's so darn good.
Sword of Fate 3: Boosted to level 3 for the 5 AP cost to combo with SS.

In my view, there is no point in raising SoJ or SoF any higher until they can reach level 6, for the reduced AP cost.

The nice things about these attacks is they work well together AP wise.

Two Divines or two Celestial attacks can be made, or one of each depending on needs. SoJ or SoF can be combined with a SS attack. Jump can be linked with a SS attack. You have a lot of options to cover the dead zones of SS and the danger zone of Celestial, making things nice and flexible.

Damages

It's not as effective for total damage output as a pure build of either type, but I find it a lot of fun to play. The ability to self heal and still do decent damage is pretty nice.

In case you're interested, this is what I do roughly damage wise on average, with Power and average +damage from Compulsion, assuming no damage resistance for the target. I don't use weapon skill. The numbers will of course increase when scrolling is done.

Gobball Royal Sword (4 AP): 256; 297 on critical hits.

Celestial Sword (4 AP): 165; 219 on critical hits.
Divine Sword (4 AP): 96; 116 on critical hits.
Sword of Judgment (5 AP): 218 {heal 53}; 236 {heal 58} on critical hits.

Stengthstorm (3 AP): 138; 150 on critical hits.
Sword of Fate (5 AP): 71; 81 on critical hits.

0 0

oh man lots of thx, that was cool, ill tell you about it when i get more levels how is goin, the only think im not sure is about increase, i thoguth i must level it at 5, +7-8 dmg per 1 ap its such good, well thx for all Ka,

0 0

I plan to boost Increase as well. I just haven't got to it yet. It's probably next on my list.

0 0

well ive began the new character and im level 11 havin maxed divine sword, till now its just so good with + damg every turn, but i dont know what to do now maybe i will invest SP in maxin increase in case of compulsion, ill see, anyways i recomend people to try it its just so good till now

0 0
Respond to this thread