By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Need help last 10 levels of Shoemaker!

By Benja-might - SUBSCRIBER - April 27, 2011, 22:30:57

Ok, I've been working on a Shoemaker profession for what feels like FOREVER...lol, I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about. Anyway, I'm level 92-1/2 now, and I'm having a really hard time getting the last levels... I was curious if anyone found something that worked the best for making the home-stretch?

I'm not concerned about if it's a 99% success craft or not, I just want to finally be able to make 8-slot items. biggrin

Thanks again for any help,
Benjamight

0 0
Reactions 13
Score : 794

Get a team of 7 f2p enus along with your main character and farm astrub mobs. It's what most people I knew did to level their shoemaker cheaply.
Warning: You may experience numbing of the brain, a drop in iq, and baldness. Do not take if you are a person susceptible to colds or fevers as this may considerably increasing your chances of contracting one. Also, this is not recommended if you have high blood pressure or bad nerves. Call your doctor today and see if farming boar mobs for 200 fights a day is right for you.

0 0
Score : 3191

@FinalArt
Your suggestion is no good for levels 90+ as 2 slots crafts do not yield XP.

@Benja-might
I went with buying mats for 7 slots crafts and announcing free craft for everyone. The former was a nice way to get XP fast plus return the invested money. Although when I was finishing shoemaker 7 slot items could still be sold, not sure about now. The latter option is just a little free XP, I wouldn't rely on it, unless I can be 24/7 for a very long time or on a very new server.

0 0
Score : 12791
Nikto|2011-04-28 09:23:23
@FinalArt
Your suggestion is no good for levels 90+ as 2 slots crafts do not yield XP.

@Benja-might
I went with buying mats for 7 slots crafts and announcing free craft for everyone. The former was a nice way to get XP fast plus return the invested money. Although when I was finishing shoemaker 7 slot items could still be sold, not sure about now. The latter option is just a little free XP, I wouldn't rely on it, unless I can be 24/7 for a very long time or on a very new server.
Is there a paticular 7-slot craft you found the best and/or fastest to level with?

FinalArt|2011-04-28 00:53:23
Get a team of 7 f2p enus along with your main character and farm astrub mobs. It's what most people I knew did to level their shoemaker cheaply.
Warning: You may experience numbing of the brain, a drop in iq, and baldness. Do not take if you are a person susceptible to colds or fevers as this may considerably increasing your chances of contracting one. Also, this is not recommended if you have high blood pressure or bad nerves. Call your doctor today and see if farming boar mobs for 200 fights a day is right for you.
lol, thanks for the tip (and medical recommendations...lol), but if I were going to do this, I might as well use my 7 epic level accounts to farm the resources... which include a level 199 & 194 Enu, 199 Iop, 199 Cra, 198 Eni, 186 Xel, and 140 panda (the panda is my baby at the moment...lol). I'm guessing the fights would move faster and be more productive. Either way, it is a very good idea for farming boar leathers, which can be used on even 5, 6, and 7 slot items... I might have to give ti a try one night just to see what all I can bring in.

Thanks again,
Benjamight
0 0

I used to craft BR and Ancestral set pieces, and any other things I could buy mats for cheap. BR mats were especially easy and cheap that time.
Boowolf boots (6 slots) were a quite sensible choice as well, chiefly to me farming Moo. They have pretty decent MP rune rate.
Tot's belts (5 slots) were a viable option if I could buy leathers, but honestly I found them to be too slow and expensive.

I suggest to take a look at the available recipes and choose the ones that work better for you. You have very decent team for farming mats and your options aren't as limited as mine were.

0 0
Score : 12791
Nikto|2011-04-28 20:32:15
I used to craft BR and Ancestral set pieces, and any other things I could buy mats for cheap. BR mats were especially easy and cheap that time.
Boowolf boots (6 slots) were a quite sensible choice as well, chiefly to me farming Moo. They have pretty decent MP rune rate.
Tot's belts (5 slots) were a viable option if I could buy leathers, but honestly I found them to be too slow and expensive.

I suggest to take a look at the available recipes and choose the ones that work better for you. You have very decent team for farming mats and your options aren't as limited as mine were.
I actually just recently started farming Moo dungeon, for the resources for making a Moo Headgear... I could save up all my other resources for boot making. smile

Thanks for the tips.
Benjamight
0 0

Someone's forgetting about faillette's boots and this 5 slot recipe I can't remember.

0 0

On 4 slots levelling is too slow at the last levels. I wouldn't recommend even to bother with it unless the crafted item could be used for higher slots recipe.

0 0

Not really, it's more boar leather efficient than the tot's belt. For less boar leather, you get the same amount of experience as the tot's belt I believe.

0 0
Score : 1411
FinalArt|2011-04-30 00:37:18
Not really, it's more boar leather efficient than the tot's belt. For less boar leather, you get the same amount of experience as the tot's belt I believe.
It is true that you will use 2 more boar leather for the same xp making the tot's belt (2 failette=1 tot's for xp). The difference lies in the return from making them. You will get nearly as many cri runes from tot's, but will also get a lot of vi and pa vi. That should more than make up the cost of the extra boar leather.
0 0

I know the 4 slot recipe is less profitable but it's faster if you're farming the boar leather yourself.

0 0
Score : 1594

adelus, 5 slots and easy....

0 0
Score : 963

I think with your team, the best return would be Ancestral pieces, boots and belts. If you're lazy place a perc in the last room for a week, and see what mats you get tongue

0 0
Score : 5057

I did Ancestral boots (and belts) and Black Rat belts (and boots) over most of the last levels.

0 0
Respond to this thread