FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

How do I exomage?

By B-rands - SUBSCRIBER - July 28, 2014, 09:39:00

Hello peoples of Dofus.

I was just wondering, how would I exomage a Bearbaric Band easily? I have a Bearbaric Band with fair stats, and I'm going for an MP exomage on it. Is there any way to make it easier or have a higher chance of working? How many runes on average should I be prepared to use? I've only exomaged low level items(Soft Oak Ring - MP, Gelano - MP), and there weren't many stats to pay attention to. I have MP exo'd a Soft Oak Ring before but It was on my first try and I don't know how I did it exactly(If the first try had anything to do with what I had maged on it beforehand).

Thanks

0 0
Reactions 9
Score : 146

The lesser the stats on your items, the easier you will mage the MP. But I guess you want good stats AND the MP, right?

There's no way to have more chance of maging the MP.

However usually (on my server at least), you abandon the prospection and the lock and sometimes you mage the damages only up to 10 or 11.
This way you get the stats you want more easily, and each maging is less expensive.

For the average number of runes... Well technically, since the probability of exomaging an AP or a MP is near 1%, you should be ready to buy at least up to 100 MP runes. [I exomaged a bearbaric band and I spent... 127 or so MP runes. Just bad luck sad]

Please note that on this kind of high level items what cost the more is NOT the MP (or AP) runes, but rather the damage and RA runes.

0 0
Score : 15613

Here is how it works:

Mage the item until it has all the stats you want (feel free to drop off any stats that you don't need/want) Then, try to mage an MP rune on the item. It has a 1% chance of succeeding, and if it succeeds the stats on the item will stay as they currently are, you'll just gain an MP on it, but if it fails then the stats on the item will drop. If it failed and the stats dropped then you go back to the start and mage the item again to fix the stats.

On average it takes about 100 tries to exomage an item, although I have heard of people being lucky enough to get it within 5 tries, or unlucky enough for it take 300+ tries.

0 0
Score : 146
Mishna|2014-07-28 15:41:17
try to mage an MP rune on the item. It has a 1% chance of succeeding
Please. Just please, stop saying it is exactly 1% chance of succeeding. Everyone says it with no source.
The only thing we know for sure is, it is AT LEAST 1%. We can only suppose that since it's an exomage, with a powerful rune, it must be veryyyyy near 1%, but it depends on the stats of the item and on the level of the item at the very least.
0 0
Score : 15613

For the item he is describing (Bearbaric Band) its going to be about 1% since it is a 190+ item and I imagine he probably wants decent stats on it instead of destroyed stats.

Yes you can get a bit higher than 1% on a low level item with messed up stats, but for practical purposes that isn't worth the time and effort and is a waste of kamas.

0 0
Score : 2411

I've experienced 300+ tries on two different rings before, it truely is awful. And makes you regret maging it. I've literally lost over 300m on that sad.

But then ive also had moments where I did it under 40 tries and that motivates me to continue exomaging.

I suggest you stop after 100 tries or you will regret it.. oh and.. know your limits.
Or you might face bankruptcy.

0 0
Score : 84

When you gather the runes there is no limit.

0 0
Score : 69

I thought I'd bump this to ask another question, since it is the same topic. I recently maged myself an +AP bearbaric band using the exact method Mishna described. Mage it to the stats I want -> add Ap -> if it fails repeat. I landed the AP on try 37.

However I am trying a second bear band, and I'm up to try 125 already. Of course I want to continue trying otherwise it will be a complete loss. Will that many failed attempts effect the chance of landing the AP? I'm not sure if I should continue with the same bear band or try another ring. Only my second attempt at an exo.

1 0
Score : 2985

The amount of failed attempts affects your spirit mostly. 37 and success is your luck, 125 fails is a bit of unluck, but that's all to it.

0 0
Score : 69

I see, thats what I've figured.. While I was maging a friend had thought that X amount of failed attempts might decrease the probability of it landing. Made me paranoid!

0 0
Respond to this thread