FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Help with Choosing a Recipe for Experience

By FrozenChaosWeapon September 12, 2014, 03:06:25

I have Tailor, Jeweler, and Shoemaker all roughly level 30. I'm wanting to level them up higher so I can make more useful equipment for myself and friends, as well as sell them for profit (or crush and sell runes for profit).

As I looked through the board, it seems the general consensus is to make the cheapest 2 material recipies until you don't get experience any more (Piwi until level 60). Why? Wouldn't it be better to craft items that need more slots, for their xp, runes, and demand in the market?

0 0
Reactions 6
Score : 15613

Realistically most lowish level and mid level items sell extremely poorly, so they aren't worth making for the money. (Usually the mats are worth more than the finished product.) Also the materials they demand in their recipe are hard to get. For many mid level recipes you won't find the mats in the market in quantities great enough for leveling professions with, just in packs of 1 or 10, instead 100. So you either need to spend a long time farming yourself, or millions of kamas to pay someone else to farm for you.

The most efficient way to level in terms of time and money is to pick a recipe with all low level mats that are easily (and cheaply) bought in packs of 100. Just make thousands of that low level thing and crush them all for runes. You also clear our all your profession achievements really quickly this way.

I usually craft a 4 slot recipe from the time that I unlock it all the way to level 100. So for example with staff carver I just crafted Arson Fire Staff thousands of times. This is ideal because the wood is easy to get (if you have a lumberjack) and the bones are easy to get by the thousands. (I bought about 20,000 of them by spamming /b in Astrub and buying from F2P people who needed money for subscription.)

Then I just had to harvest the woods, and sit back while I crafted thousands and thousands of Arson Fire Staff.

0 0
Score : 2699

I would agree wholeheartedly with Mishna, but I disagree because a lot of leveling those 3 professions relies on self ability. I also disagree vehemently with anyone saying that you should use 2 slot recipes until level 60, especially with the 3 professions you are wanting to level. That's just too much piwi gear to be chucked, not worth the time farming, or buying the materials to make them. I do find that those 3 professions are best leveled using the maximum available slot recipe more often than not, just a matter of what I could gather myself.

I would hop over to this profession guide and use ctrl+f and look for the bolded profession and read from there. It's old, dingy, dusty, and probably way out of date; but it is how I leveled my wife's character who had those same 3 professions. Being able to run a full 8 man team will help a lot, as will a large guild or a guild who will help in terms of percs. Might even be able to get a whole alliance to help you out if you ask nicely enough.

I know that Tailor kinda stops at 6 slot recipes in terms of gathering ease, Shoemaker is almost impossible to strictly farm for, and Jeweller will need loads of ores and woods. But it's up to you on what you and your friends find easiest to farm for. Good luck!

1 0
Score : 150

All hail Leyline, the great profession master! biggrin

Jokes aside, the brakmarian rose guide is extremely useful. I use it for all my various profession levelling, and though I haven't come all too far in most it has certainly helped in those I have. Therefore I strongly recommend it.

0 0

I really should get off my dead and lazy behind and update it. So much so that I may have to use a website and make a living breathing compendium. Then I should ask people to donate me kamas for doing it. Yeah... donate to my poor lazy self pl0x.

0 0
Score : 142

Thanks for the replies. While, Mishna gave good advice for if I wanted to buy all of the materials, doing so generally means making a lot of something that doesn't sell well and crushing it for runes which I have seen sell even worse in my experience (unless I'm going for the bigger Range, AP, or MP). While I know it would be useful to have runes on hand for leveling the Magus profs, I don't want them taking up space in my bank or my inventory until then. I'll just get them when I need them.

Leyline, I saw you're guide a while back, and it still looks pretty decent. I'm not against doing my own research so I'll probably stray here and there, but it's a nice resource to have even though it's a little dated.

Sadly I'm a single-accounter so the gathering part will rely on finding good guildmates/friends/alliance members who would be interested in fighting things I can use mats from.

I'll probably do a bit of both buying and gathering mats, but I suppose part of it all is for me to decide what I need at the moment right? smile

Anyhow, thanks again for the responses, it was refreshing to see something apart from the Piwi to 60 arguments.

0 0

Well, there may be a shitton of help for you, but it's going to be a couple of days before it's all ready. I am going to be doing a systematic purge of everything that I can not use, do not need, do not want of my bank. I am really tired of having 12xx kama sinks just to look at the bank. This will get bigger when I start pulling the crap from my 8 different houses that I know I will either be able to replace en-mass if need be, or it's just taking up so much space pods wise that it's rediculous; like something close to 30K flax strings? I may be leveling a bow carver but I know for a fact that I will *never* need *THAT* much string.

My problem is that I need to take screen shots, and find a way to make it look nice, and then get it uploaded somewhere so that people can see. The editing of those pictures will be a pain, because some things I do need to keep for myself for crafts; but the majority is just taking up space and costing me more kamas than it's worth. Another example of how I horde things would be my wife (in game and out) griping how I have stock piled Magical Cures when they are useless, utterly useless (then I show her that she can use them for her hammersmith and she lets out a nice ugh-ing sigh). Since subs run out next month; it's time to crash the markets; again.

So; *if* you want, I can give you first glimpse or if you want to ankamabox me a list of items you want/need for crafting; I am pretty sure that we can come to an arrangement. Again, good luck!

0 0
Respond to this thread