FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Maging with Negative Stats

By Joohnnny October 26, 2014, 06:36:13

I understand that there is a limitation for exo maging items. However, maging negative stats is very different from regular maging (ex. neg. stats have different sink value than pos. stats), so I had a few questions regarding the limits of negative exo maging.

Individual Item Limit
Given: The limit for adding 1 range to items that naturally have 0 range is 1.
Question: If I have an item with natural base -1 range (ex. Bubotron Sword), can I mage it so that it offers +1 range on it (such that I would have to exo mage it from -1 range to 0 range to +1 range)?

Multiple Items Limit
Given: Only 1 exotic +1 range is counted (ex. If I wear an AP/Range Gelano and an MP/Range Turkocape, then I will only receive +1 range from both items).
Question: If I have multiple items (ex. Bubotron Set) with natural base -1 range and mage off the -1 range (such that the item offers 0 range instead of -1 range), will there be a limitation applied? For example, can I have a Bubotron Set equipped that offers 0 range total (all pieces having 0 range) or will the exo range limitation be applied?

Exotic Maging Limit
Given: You can only have up to 101 Sink Value Units (SVU for short) exomaged (ex. at most, you can mage a gelano with 11 Agility, 1 MP and 1AP).
Question: Does this SVU limit apply to negative stats and how so? For example, can I have a Bubotron Sword that offers 0 range and 1 AP when it naturally offers -1 range and 0 AP?

Please ask me for clarification in case one or more of the questions/subjects were unclear. Thank you in advance!

0 0
Reactions 5
Score : 105

These questions seem open-minded, and I believe I might need the answers to these questions, as-well.
Your questions all are clear, in-case you were wondering.

0 0
Score : 13287
Joohnnny|2014-10-26 06:36:13

Individual Item Limit
Given: The limit for adding 1 range to items that naturally have 0 range is 1.
Question: If I have an item with natural base -1 range (ex. Bubotron Sword), can I mage it so that it offers +1 range on it (such that I would have to exo mage it from -1 range to 0 range to +1 range)?

a Range is 51 power, so to move from the natural upper bound of -1 to +1 would require 102 rune power exotic which is impossible

I understand that there is a limitation for exo maging items. However, maging negative stats is very different from regular maging (ex. neg. stats have different sink value than pos. stats), so I had a few questions regarding the limits of negative exo maging.

Multiple Items Limit
Given: Only 1 exotic +1 range is counted (ex. If I wear an AP/Range Gelano and an MP/Range Turkocape, then I will only receive +1 range from both items).
Question: If I have multiple items (ex. Bubotron Set) with natural base -1 range and mage off the -1 range (such that the item offers 0 range instead of -1 range), will there be a limitation applied? For example, can I have a Bubotron Set equipped that offers 0 range total (all pieces having 0 range) or will the exo range limitation be applied?

[

Not sure on how the system treats maging off major stat penalties.

Exotic Maging Limit
Given: You can only have up to 101 Sink Value Units (SVU for short) exomaged (ex. at most, you can mage a gelano with 11 Agility, 1 MP and 1AP).
Question: Does this SVU limit apply to negative stats and how so? For example, can I have a Bubotron Sword that offers 0 range and 1 AP when it naturally offers -1 range and 0 AP?

Maging off the range penalty will make exoing an AP impossible. If it is outside the normal bounds it either is an overmage or exo mage, the limit in rune power of both overmages and exomages combined is 101.
0 0
Score : 260

I should have thought of this sooner, but I could answer my questions via Beta Server (experimentation).

Unfortunately, I had no access to my runes (since they are normally in my home), however, I had enough money to make a few tests.

1st Test
After removing the -1 Range off of a Bubotron Sword, I attempted to add an MP. This resulted in the error message that states something like "quality could not be improved any more".

2nd Test
After removing the -1 Range off of a Bubotron Sword, I attempted to add another Range. This resulted in a fail, however, interestingly, there wasn't an error message given to me. Thus, perhaps it's possible to add +1 range to an item that normally has -1 range....well that is if you're lucky enough to land 2 critical successes in a row.

0 0
Score : 1443

It's impossible as it exceeds the 101 sink given to mage an item. Wether it shows an error message or not, it's impossible and useless as just one range is counted smile An item is considered range maged once there is one more range than the base one, that the item had. So, yeah. 0 range Bubatron set is impossible tongue
Just like you can't get a Treadfast amulet to 0 critical resistance and mp exo it. 1 Cri Res is 2 sink and mp is 90. Best case scenario : -16 base Cri res, which means it would require 16 x 2 + 90 sink = 122 sink. Try doing THAT Instead of double range maged. I think it'll show an error.

The difference is that you're keeping on maging the same negative stat.Try maging Treadfast Amulet's Cri Res and keep maging it after the 101 sink. It won't show an error, it'll show either "Failure: " or "Failure: - 1 Critical Resistance". Or try a cheaper way - ap/mp gelano. Keep maging the mp as long as you want. Wait for the mp to stick. Then keep adding mp. It won't show an error, just failures. But then try adding another ap to a pre-maged ap/mp gelano ...like you'd be going for 2 ap/1 mp gelano. Then it'll show the error message. Point is - if you mage the same stat, it doesn't show an error, I have no idea why though... I hope I made sense xD Explaining the error part from my own experience.

P.S. Writing this on my phone, my apologies, if there are mistakes biggrin 

0 0
Score : 2928

Actually +1 range IS possible. However, a nega range maged to 0 counts as a range exomage and the limit of 1 AP mp and range exo factors in. Thus making it entirely pointless..

a +1 range is possible because negative stats are considered half sink. -crit res is 1 sink till you get to 0. So while you can't mage a tread item to 0 and mp it, you can give it 11 over crit res and an mp. So with the range its 25.5 sink for the first and 51 the second, making it 76.5, well under the 101 cap. But still, pointless as it counts as 2 exo range.

and this isn't just theory, deejavus did a +1 range oshimo helmet to test it.

now I hope this answers the op which I have yet to read

0 0
Respond to this thread