FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Hunter vs. Farmer

By fecoo996 - FORMER SUBSCRIBER - September 01, 2015, 14:32:33

With this new patch, whats the purpose of the hunter prof? I need to kill a mob, hope that it drops a meat, then get another one because on higher lvls you need 2 meat for 1 edible, and then you can make the food, if you have everything for it ofc...

Farmer: Click twice. You have the bread. All you have to do is, level the alchemist with it... Which is, not that hard with the new patch.

Biggest ******* is that, they restore the same amount of health.

0 0
Reactions 11
Score : 27368

If the development team is not satisfied with how the new Hunter turns out they can always modify it with a future update. Nothing is ever set in stone.

0 0
Score : 6916

I would rather have it how it was, than how it is.

Some things should reward more for the work they involve. And even if they didn't, 210 is a really dumb ceiling.

0 0
Score : 1802

Lets look at the hunter profession next to the fisherman, farmer, and alchemist because they can all produce HP consumables.

Fisherman acquires its main ingredient by clicking on schools from rivers, lakes, and oceans with a 100% chance of getting a single fish and more if stars have accumulated and have a chance for a resource protector to appear for every fish type that gives 50 of the respective fish and a chance to drop a rare.

Farmer acquires their main ingredients by clicking on harvestable resources, usually grouped together in area full of like cereal, with a 100% chance of getting several of the like cereal with a chance for a resource protector to appear with 50 of the respective cereal with a chance for a rare drop.

Alchemist acquires their main ingredients from clicking on flower recourses that are not as concentrated but like the Farmer is able to collect several from a single resource 100% of the time with a chance for a resource protector to appear with 50 of the like flower with a chance to drop a rare.

Hunters can only drop one meat from a single monster but unlike the other professions is not 100%, naturally if you're fighting 10 of the same monster you'll have a chance to drop the meat from each one. No resource protector. Rares operate under the same conditions but generally only from bosses. Frigost 3 mobs drop the meat to make the best recipe for hunter starting at 14%.

Max HP healed for all is 210

Those are the facts. Thats all I'm going to say.

2 0
Score : 1255

To add on to Anthonyclark's post, it's also a salient point that Farmers, Alchemists, and Fishermen don't need to equip a profession tool, while Hunters have to use specially maged hunting weapons, or weapons with the 'Hunting weapon' attribute built in.

0 0
Score : 36

We also need to get other items from other monsters to finish a craft + 2 meat per craft. I am a 200 hunter in 3 of my chars. Now even the 3 combined I am unable to make profit compared to my friend who is a farmer. The main profit was because Meat was lighter compared to bread. 10 meat @ 750 HP is greater than getting 100hp Bread for the same amount of HP healed.

However, the new update has just made the profession an unproductive, time consuming and less rewarding profession.

0 0
Score : 63

Less rewarding is slightly too soft, I'd say the hunter is simply useless if compared to, for instance, a farmer. I dropped thousands of meat before the update with multiple characters, actually waiting for an update that improves the hunter recipes before I start cooking them. Now, I could convert them into consumables, but could as well spend one or a handful of days of farming and would indeed have the same amount of equal-valued ressources.

Indeed, a farmer can get the same things as a hunter would get over several years, only that he can do it in one or more days...

I don't know what the developers thought or if they even cared, but if they really wanted to balance these professions, it's really not hard to see the imbalance, hands down...

0 0
Score : 2651

i want the old proffesion ....

0 0
Score : 1802

I would prefer the old formula to this one.

0 0
Score : 2078

i miss the old professions sad 

0 0
Score : 325

I was lvling a hunter when they reworked the professions.
Suddenly it felt absolutely useless to continue.

0 0
Score : 2078

Same here Cruzz

0 0
Respond to this thread