FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums
Score : 4694

leveling tailor

By luther-driggers April 06, 2007, 21:22:12
has anyone levelled a tailor since v1.17? i'm going the wooden wings route since i am a lumberjack but that won't work for much longer. i'm determined to get 100/100 tailor/mage

EDIT: the information here is out of date because of new recipies. posts starting on page 3 are as of update 1.20 and after lvl 69 i start talking about using new recipies.
Reactions 50
Score : 311
Yes i have lved but it took ages to get even to lv 5. You'll want a hell of a lot of white & black gobbly wool for the Gobbly bags because they're pretty much the only way to lv.
Score : 5143
Yeah, the gobbly bags are better than the wooden wings. You can get 400 black and white gobbly wool in like 3-4 hours..... LOL!

Or do 3-4 dungeon runs a day and you'll get about 200..

Or you can chop wood for hours and hours and hours and hours and have thousands of wood and end up with 100 planks... *sighs*
Citation
LecterLives :
Yeah, the gobbly bags are better than the wooden wings. You can get 400 black and white gobbly wool in like 3-4 hours..... LOL!

Or do 3-4 dungeon runs a day and you'll get about 200..

Or you can chop wood for hours and hours and hours and hours and have thousands of wood and end up with 100 planks... *sighs*

yes but... i'm already a lvl 64 lumberjack and i intend on getting to 100. and 3-4 dungeon runs a day? are you nuts?!? i have a life! lol.

in any case i'm lvl 9 so mostly i'm looking at later stuff.

edit: although it would be nice to be able to make runes from what i level on so the bags do have that advantage tongue
Citation
luther-driggers :

yes but... i'm already a lvl 64 lumberjack and i intend on getting to 100. and 3-4 dungeon runs a day? are you nuts?!? i have a life! lol.

in any case i'm lvl 9 so mostly i'm looking at later stuff.

edit: although it would be nice to be able to make runes from what i level on so the bags do have that advantage tongue

It only takes me 15 minutes to half an hour to do a gobball dungeon run wink

So it's max two hours.
yeah, but you do it by yourself, right? (with your various accounts).

i can't run two clients on my poor little ibook and i'm only lvl 54, one of the highest in my guild. so gathering the peeps to do this takes more than that for me plus none of us can do any real damage plus a lot of us aren't very good XD. anyway this was a pointless response. sorry.
Score : 261
Citation
luther-driggers :

i can't run two clients on my poor little ibook and i'm only lvl 54, one of the highest in my guild. so gathering the peeps to do this takes more than that for me plus none of us can do any real damage plus a lot of us aren't very good XD. anyway this was a pointless response. sorry.

Well, if you don't have the power/connections/money to get the materials quickly, you might want to consider holding off on being a tailor. Get a couple more professions (LJ 100 will help a lot), build up your guild or find a more powerful one, and level your char. It's a very taxing profession, most aren't up to the task smile
Citation
luther-driggers :

I've done it once by myself with just my sram (total fluke, I got abandoned in the last room and went for it anyways)

And I can do it 100% of the time time with 1 ally as long as they are around level 40-50. Depends on their speed. That's why it's 15-30 minutes.

Are you on Rushu? I do it 2-4 times every night (I have so many bow meows that I am starving, found someone to buy dead ones for 3,000 each) and I'd let you come with me. I'm looking for royal gobball drops. (before anyone says they are too rare, I have gotten 2 in the past week)

But yeah, tailor is kind of the hold off till later prof. Kind of like handyman.
Citation
playerII :
Citation
luther-driggers :

Well, if you don't have the power/connections/money to get the materials quickly, you might want to consider holding off on being a tailor. Get a couple more professions (LJ 100 will help a lot), build up your guild or find a more powerful one, and level your char. It's a very taxing profession, most aren't up to the task smile

i'm a lvl 100 baker/farmer, lvl 64 lumberjack and lvl 25 hammer forger. my current plan (now that i am on holidays) is to lvl lumberjack to 100, buy a house with the help of my guild, get everyone to drop gobball wool and stuff for me (b/c me having money is hella good for the guild). i'll make runes with the stuff i produce.

and lecter, sorry i'm on maimane. parlez-vous français?
Score : 400
For tailor being a farmer can com in very handy, but lumberjack can also work quite well for getting some flax string sorted.

firstly lvl it to 10, only making gobbly bags, from 10 white and 10 black wool.

after lvl 10 create helmets, all u need for these are 5 gobball wool, 10 black gobbly leather and 10 flax string.

this way is by far the fastest way to lvl ur tailor, and it is the most least expensive, as other ways can cost u in time and money searching for materials.
Citation
-HoAx- :
For tailor being a farmer can com in very handy, but lumberjack can also work quite well for getting some flax string sorted.

firstly lvl it to 10, only making gobbly bags, from 10 white and 10 black wool.

after lvl 10 create helmets, all u need for these are 5 gobball wool, 10 black gobbly leather and 10 flax string.

this way is by far the fastest way to lvl ur tailor, and it is the most least expensive, as other ways can cost u in time and money searching for materials.

And after that?

Are you a level 20-30 tailor or something?
ok, tailor lvl 14 or so. getting to 20 will be easy (except the fact the black gobly leather seems to be a bit rare). then what? i have quite a few kamas to buy materials but i wan't recipes that i don't loose all my money on. i did a bit of a study on 3 ingredient recipes and helmets are the only viable option, even if you break things for runes.

edit: i tried dropping the materials i needed and it just doensn't work for me. even with 7ap, 4mp and punch of the crackler (makes things go pretty fast) plus my guild mates contributing their leathers and wools. i'd rather buy the stuff b/c i have a couple of other lvl 100 professions.
Score : 400
its easy, which server are u on?for example, just type in at busy areas of dofus, "buying black gobbly leather 10k each" etc etc, and place ur price depending to ur server. its a cheaper way of buying ur materials, as form resource sales froms can be very expensive, but apart from that, the flax sting if ur not a farmer can be quite expensive, also but u can trade in 1 ash wood for 1 flax string, but doing these single trades can be very boring.
Citation
-HoAx- :
its easy, which server are u on?for example, just type in at busy areas of dofus, "buying black gobbly leather 10k each" etc etc, and place ur price depending to ur server. its a cheaper way of buying ur materials, as form resource sales froms can be very expensive, but apart from that, the flax sting if ur not a farmer can be quite expensive, also but u can trade in 1 ash wood for 1 flax string, but doing these single trades can be very boring.

yeah, i was doing everything i could to avoid yelling in game for it but i had to do it. i actually offered a pretty good price because i didn't want to do it for long. and i'm a lvl 100 farmer so flax is not a problem. in fact i found out that flax string goes for over twice as much as flax XD so whenever i want some for my tailor i don't have any because i've sold it all. i'm beginning to see what the wikia means about patience but most of all, how much money this will cost me (the investment). glad i have a couple of other professions. i might even want lumberjack at 100 just for the money tongue. it will be cool to be a tailormage, there are only like 2 or 3 active on my server as far as i can see.

so. the question remains, how do i lvl from 20 to 30? something that i can sell, break or for runes, has readily available materials and that i don't loose more than a few hundred kamas on each craft (i make 100 000 a day or so with my other business endeavours, on a medium server).
what do you think of the bearman cloak for a viable 4 slot recipe

http://dofus.wikia.com/wiki/Bearman_cloak

btw i'm lvl 16 now and know what i'll do up to 20. please continue to comment and/or help. hopefully this helps other tailors out there too smile
Score : 922
I'm up to level 28 tailor, but I dont want to flood the helmet market.

I have more wood than I know what to do with:

So I guess technically I'm an Ash-Hole....groan.....sowwy

Darius
Score : 1256
May not help much, but from 35 to 60, I leveled on Small Bluish Cloaks, Small Red Cloaks, and Slob Headgears.

It never hurts however to do your maximum slot recipes still; since that reduces the amount of kamas you have to spend on lower resources.
yeah! lvl 20! (now what ^^) i can't seem to find bear fur (or whatever its called, etoffe ourse)
Citation
luther-driggers :
yeah! lvl 20! (now what ^^) i can't seem to find bear fur (or whatever its called, etoffe ourse)

Go fight that bearman guy.. You get all the drops from him.
LEVELING FROM 20 TO 30 ON HELMETS

helmets cost me about 675 if I buy the mats (i actually only buy the gobbly leather). to lvl from 20 to 30 i need to make 450 of these so that would cost 303 750 =

helmets don't sell very well (espcially p*450 of them where p is my success rate at about .6). i wouldn't expect to sell that many helmets for more than 200 each wo .6*450*200 = 270*200 = 54 000

net loss of 249 750 by leveling on helmets.
Respond to this thread