leveling tailor

By luther-driggers April 06, 2007, 21:22:12
Reactions 50
Score : 4694
Citation
LecterLives :
Citation
luther-driggers :
yeah! lvl 20! (now what ^^) i can't seem to find bear fur (or whatever its called, etoffe ourse)

Go fight that bearman guy.. You get all the drops from him.

i went there and he seemed to drop like 1 every 2-3 fights which i could usually get from the person for 1000 kamas. the price is ok but the drop rate is low.
VARIETY FOR 20 to 30
i'm going to try variety so i have a wider range of ingredients and stuff to sell afterwards. the things i think are profitable (on maimane) are
Bearman Headgear coiffe de l'homme ours Level: 20
Effects: 21-35 vitality Weight: 10 pods
Conditions: None
NPC: kamas
1 Bear Skin
1 Bear Fabric
1 Bear Hair
1 Mutilated Bear

1*2000 + 1*1000 + 1*_ 1*3000;
6000 + hair

1. sells for 10 000 or so
  2. [*]worth making i think
    Jouik Krampe Level: 26
    Effects: +1 to summonable creatures

[code]11-50 Intelligence Weight: 15 pods[/code]

Conditions: Class = Sadida
    NPC: ? kamas

10 Black Gobball wool
    10 Black Tiwabbit Hairs
    1 Dark Bag of Spuds
    1 Flax String

10*30 + 10*500 + 1*4000 + 1*30;
    sells for 20-25 00

Houde Level: 30
    Effects: +11-50 Chance

[code]1-2 to critical hits Weight: 8 pods[/code]

10 Boar hair
    10 Flax String
    1 Green Larva magic skin
    1 Tofu feather

10*5 +10*30 + 1*10000 + 1*50;
    10 400
    sells for 10 to 30 000 (mostly 20 - 30)
forum didn't like the long post. sorry the tabbing doesn't copy

Bearman cloak Level: 20
Effects:

[code]11-15 vitality[/code]
[code]11-15 agility[/code]

Weight: 10 pods

1 x Bear Fabric.
1 x Boar hair.
1 x Mouse's Hairs.
1 x Wabbit Hair.

1*1000 + 1*5 + 1*300 +1*200;

1. bear fabric is rare
  2. [*]sells for 10 to 15 000
(can you tell i'm determined to make to 100? XD)
Score : 5143
LOL!

Yeah

The only problem I have with these things is, do they actually sell?? The ability to sell for a profit does not always make a profit.

I can make 20 bashers for 30,000k and they 'sell' for 150,000 total. But they takes AGES to sell and actually pop back into my bank account a lot of the time forcing me to relist.

Or 20 Elories for about 5000 and they sell for 40000 in total.. But once again, take too long to sell.

A lot of the time, you are better off finding something that will turn a profit with the sale to NPCs.
Citation
LecterLives :
LOL!

Yeah

The only problem I have with these things is, do they actually sell?? The ability to sell for a profit does not always make a profit.

I can make 20 bashers for 30,000k and they 'sell' for 150,000 total. But they takes AGES to sell and actually pop back into my bank account a lot of the time forcing me to relist.

Or 20 Elories for about 5000 and they sell for 40000 in total.. But once again, take too long to sell.

A lot of the time, you are better off finding something that will turn a profit with the sale to NPCs.

i'll find out soon enough XD. i think they sell, at least i see people wearing some of them, like bear gear and the sadida hat thing. if i only loose 500 on a helmet that would be like loosing 1000 on a 4 slot recipe (since 3 slots xp 25 and 4 xp 50) or... maybe i'm not accounting for the failure rate properly but anyway, these things i'm trying are only worth it if they make money because as you can see if there were to be a loss it could be thousands on each item.
Jah, therein lies the problem with purchase of stock vs drop stock. Well, give it a test, and let me know how long it takes to sell and get your money back.
back to my idea on variety, i think that it will take a long time, is complicated and risky and floods the market. I may be making things worse for tailors in general by doing this.

i can now make 2 slot recipes withought failing and have multiple accounts for dropping stuff so i think i will make small grower bags, break them for runes. these always sell. I may need 18000 wools to get from lvl 23 to 30 but at least i'm guaranteed a profit even if I buy them. mass crafting will help here. wool for 30 tofu feather for 50 (for example) bag costs 850, average 200 pods, divide by 16 to get number of runes thats 12 runes which sells for 1200 smile
Yeah, this is what I meant above by things have to sell.. The runes will always sell cause of forgemage levelling, so this might be a better idea. I'll suggest it to my tailor wink
Citation
LecterLives :
Yeah, this is what I meant above by things have to sell.. The runes will always sell cause of forgemage levelling, so this might be a better idea. I'll suggest it to my tailor wink

actually i have half a mind to keep the runes and use them to level my own forgemage(s) when i get there.
Citation
luther-driggers :
Citation
LecterLives :

actually i have half a mind to keep the runes and use them to level my own forgemage(s) when i get there.

Yeah, I was just thinking that too. Apparently it took 5,000 odd runes to level to 100 before the XP nerf, now it take 3-4 times as much. If you're making that many bags, with that many runes, you might be able to become high level mage as soon as you can mage!
we might be on to something here.

reflecting further i did quick calculation. if you can drop the items 1 bear fabric, boar hair, mouse hair and wabbit hair make a bearman cloak which supposedly sells for a lot more than these items (2-3 times or more). you only need to make around 250 of these to lvl from 20-30... still though, try putting your 150 succesful crafts on the market and see what happens to the price ><

250... with 4-5 accounts i only drop a bear hair every two to three fights, each take 2 minutes because of lag (and i would have to hog the bear man, no biggie, its night in france when i play a lot of the time) so thats 750 bearman fights, 25 hours! (good god!), mouse and boar hairs are easy to buy, wabbit hairs not so much but they drop faster. say another 3-5 hours. so in 30 hours i do 10 levels...

need to do around 1100 bags to accomplish the same thing 1100*20 = 22000 and 1100*5 = 5500. again with multiple accounts i drop 5-10 white gobbly wools per fight, if i fight in my favourite spot it takes 1min per fight, double this because sometimes i need to eliminate other monsters to spawn more white gobblies. 2*22000/7/60 = 104 hours! argghh! (can you tell i'm seeing this for the first time?) plus the time for the feathers.

to further establish the comparison consider that 100x wgw and 25x tf XP's the same as 1 bear fab, 1 boar hair, 1 mouse hair, 1 wabbit hair...

so the former takes 2*100/7 = 28 minutes + time for feathers and the latter takes say 10 minutes (eyeballing).

so... i retract former statements on the issue and will try the bearman cloaks. sorry guys, i didn't say i had any clean answers. hope someone finds something useful in my rants here.
Well, the calcs are useful.

I'm not the tailor myself, so I can't comment on how long it takes me. But I will show my tailor friend this thread tomorrow when he's at my house, and get him to give em a burl, then post our findings.
ok, you guys are really gonna get sick of me so as a reward, when i've figured it all out and gotten to 100 i'll do my best to sum up on the wikia.

further reflection tells me that the gobball bags are more profitable

1. the drops are more valuable (you'll be getting all the gobball drops)

2. black gob leather also helps level your tailor. so does the black wool i think.

3. there is only one bearman, lots of gobbals

4. the stuff you need is also often available in sell rooms whereas bear fur is difficult to find.

5. you'll have almost enough pod runes by the end of it all to level a mage to 100

6. i'm absolutely sure you will make much more money (per hour) doing the gobballs than the bearman.

i think thats it. i'm doing the gobballs. btw i have PoC for my osa so i go to the map near the entrance to tanela where i can smash all but two enemies in the first hit.
Yup, that will get ya to what? Level 30 the easiest? Then I can't work out what to do, all the 4 slot recipes cost too much.

Although, you could take all the thousands you've made from fighting gobballs and spend it on getting to level 40.
yes, level 20 to 30. the problem is that you need so many drops to level a tailor (as opposed to gathered items) that you can't buy it all in a reasonable amount of time either.
Score : 400
as im only a lvl 30-40 tailor im not sure what you should lvl on, im still sticking with helemets, but you sould remember to only make items that have lot item costs, stick to items that are easy got and not rare.

items such as
Sortingat Hogwat

its not always about making profit of your crafts at this stage, this is another reason why you need to have other professions that can generate alot of income at a fast rate. and why tailor should not be taken as a first profession.
might be of interest. i dropped with 5 accounts (4 enus one osa) for ~2.5 hours. sorry for the franglish. bouf = gob, blan = white, laine = wool, boufton = gobbly, corne= horn, cuir = leather, sabot = hoof. i had intended this for me but sometimes such stats are helpful and since i think i have free reign of this thread and i'm dropping for my tailor i put it here happy

dropped for ~2.5 hours
got 25 000 kamas, 2x gob capes 3x gob belts, 8 ethereal weaps, 2x gob hammers, 2x gob boots, 1x white parchment, 1 yellow metaria, 2 red metaria, 5 gobball warchief teeth, 4 GWC tongues, 2 stems, 3 tofu beaks, 3 tofu eggs, 7 boufton eyes, 6 tiques, 3 gob keys, 8 tof feathers, 2 sabot bouf, 2 corn GWC, 1 blue metaria, 6 parenp powder, 2 arakne legs, 1 sabot GWC, 27 GWC laines, 186 cuir bouf, 84 cornes, 21 cuir bouf blan, 51 clovers, 175 black laines, 173 noir cuir, 260 bouf laines, 9 bouf brains, 221 baves, 145 white laines, 121 cuir GWC

estimate 245 000!

my estimate before had been that i would spend 100 hours or so doing this, lets see how accurate this is so far. 145/2.5 = 58 white wools per hour. 22000/100 = 220 wools per hour. so my estimate is indeed off and I will take over twice as long as i though i would >< . on the other hand i've 173 black leathers and those will return twice as much xp (but no money/pods) as the wools.

i still think this is a good strategy smile
ok, while you have all been napping and possibly checking this thread for tips on how to level your tailor I have been squirreling away at it and am now lvl 32. since i don't get a new recipe slot till 40 i will continue the same way.

THE BULK OF THE LEVELING FROM 10 TO 32 HAS BEEN ON HELMETS AND SMALL RED CAPES (somme small collector bags too, these are profitable but there isn't enough white gobball wool around). I have anumber of other jobs and can afford to lose a LOT on my tailor (which i have). I did small red capes (which are much more expensive) because they weren't TOO expensive and there wasn't enough black gobbly leather on the market to do things the other way. I believe (even with more than one account) that dropping the ingredients is not practical for me.

I bough the materials at almost any price, often 4 or 5 times as much as usual, emptying out the sellrooms. getting from lvl 23 or so to 30 cost me 400 000.

I'm busy making money in my other professions tongue. stay tuned, more to come.

my question now is

WHAT IS A GOOD 5 SLOT RECIPE TO LEVEL ON?
Score : 4
I'm nearly a lvl 50 tailor, and have done most of my lvling with five slots on Mad Boowolf Cloaks (I spend approx. 7kk per attempt, sell for about 7-9kk, if they sell). Good luck!
Respond to this thread