FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Residual magic??

By Pankaiks - SUBSCRIBER - October 06, 2010, 04:52:37

What does this mean, just started seeing this today while overmaging a SO ring.

0 0
Reactions 14
Score : 4768
Pankaiks|2010-10-05 19:52:00
What does this mean, just started seeing this today while overmaging a SO ring.

Really, you couldn't bother to READ the Changelog?!
0 0
Score : 4433
VoidofSouls|2010-10-06 03:54:00
Really, you couldn't bother to READ the Changelog?!

Oooh! Angry man! Couldn't you bother to READ Pankaik's question? He asked what 'residual magic' means.
0 0
Score : 1146

Yes, it would be really good if someone could explain residual magic instead of barking at me to do things that I've already done.

0 0
TheSavoyard|2010-10-05 20:01:00
Oooh! Angry man! Couldn't you bother to READ Pankaik's question? He asked what 'residual magic' means.

The question was answered in the Devblog! Good grief people!
Two new messages have been added to let the player know:
o When enough residual magic has accumulated for the result of a maging failure (with the rune in use) to be absorbed.
o When the residual magic is not enough to absorb a maging failure.

Residual magic would be the ambient magic already inherent in the item. If it is high enough, a maging failure will just be absorbed rather than stats taken off of the item as a penalty. If it is not high enough, you will have the stats lowered or penalized for the attempt.

Clear enough for those without a 6th grade reading level?!

Just to further simplify for you people:

"The magic of the weapon was great enough to withstand your failed attempt at maging and did not weaken"
or
"The magic of the weapon was not great enough to withstand your failure and has been weakened."

Get it?!
0 0

Easy there, I get it now, thank you.

0 0
Pankaiks|2010-10-06 05:16:00
Yes, it would be really good if someone could explain residual magic instead of barking at me to do things that I've already done.

I went looking for an explanation of how residual magic works, where it comes from, but I can't find the discussion that I'm fairly sure I've seen. It went something along the lines of failure leaving a residual magic behind even though the rune doesn't take, and it can accumulate to affect subsequent maging attempts. I don't remember the details so, if you find it, Pankaiks, could you post a link? I'd also be interested in reading something that isn't VoidOfInformation biggrin
0 0
TheSavoyard|2010-10-05 20:26:00
I went looking for an explanation of how residual magic works, where it comes from, but I can't find the discussion that I'm fairly sure I've seen. It went something along the lines of failure leaving a residual magic behind even though the rune doesn't take, and it can accumulate to affect subsequent maging attempts. I don't remember the details so, if you find it, Pankaiks, could you post a link? I'd also be interested in reading something that isn't VoidOfInformation biggrin

Oh hardy-har-har. Just so witty and full of intelligent reparte. (Full sarcasm.)

Guessing somebody is just too upset to know that they were too lacking in mental capacity to simply figure out the meaning without the need to ask such a ridiculous question.

Congrats, you really zinged me there. (More sarcasm.)

Seriously, do you have any insightful and intelligent posts to create or do you do nothing but ask idiotic questions and spite those who provide the information to you? Troll elsewhere and let us all move on.

*Note: I was not Trolling when I posted the Changelog link. I am a firm believer that everybody should ask for help ONLY after making the attempt to help oneself. So far, I've not seen either of you two make the attempt. Pankaiks got his question answered by the Changelog, but refused to accept it. You, on the other hand, just chimed in to Troll and become a nuisance. You deserve any and all ire made against you from the rest of the forum users.
0 0
Score : 1285
VoidofSouls|2010-10-06 05:32:00
*Note: I was not Trolling when I posted the Changelog link. I am a firm believer that everybody should ask for help ONLY after making the attempt to help oneself. | You, on the other hand, just chimed in to Troll and become a nuisance. You deserve any and all ire made against you from the rest of the forum users.

This ^

I'm such a contributor, aren't I? biggrin
0 0
Score : 3209
VoidofSouls|2010-10-05 20:18:00
The question was answered in the Devblog! Good grief people!
Two new messages have been added to let the player know:
o When enough residual magic has accumulated for the result of a maging failure (with the rune in use) to be absorbed.
o When the residual magic is not enough to absorb a maging failure.

Residual magic would be the ambient magic already inherent in the item. If it is high enough, a maging failure will just be absorbed rather than stats taken off of the item as a penalty. If it is not high enough, you will have the stats lowered or penalized for the attempt.

Clear enough for those without a 6th grade reading level?!

Just to further simplify for you people:

"The magic of the weapon was great enough to withstand your failed attempt at maging and did not weaken"
or
"The magic of the weapon was not great enough to withstand your failure and has been weakened."

Get it?!

You haven’t done your homework. I suggest you to read these 2 articles:
http://devblog.dofus.com/fr/billets/58-for...-beta-1-27.html
http://devblog.dofus.com/fr/billets/61-nou...forgemagie.html

@Pankaiks
Residual magic is something that is usually referred to as a sink.
Residual magic appears when powerful characteristic disappears due to the previous failed maging attempt.
Residual magic disappears when item is equipped, put on sale or exchanged.

I believe that sink appears not only when AP/MP/range/summon are lost, but also if dmg/trap dmg/ch/heals are lost.
0 0

Merci, Nikto, that's what I remembered. There's an version en anglais around somewhere too. I searched the old changelogs and the Dofus website but it didn't stand out to me. Perhaps Pankaiks will manage to find it, if he wants to read the original.

0 0

Thank you for not being an ass and actually answering my question fully, i much better understand this concept now..

0 0
Score : 3209

Actually, I made a translation of both posts. It can be found on Imps Village and somewhere in the depths of this forum as well.
However, if you don’t feel like digging forums you can try Google Translate. It produces more or less reliable translation (unfortunately, sometimes it doesn’t grasp the negative, so you should be cautious).

0 0
Score : 2507

Not everybody here reads every scrap of every blog/forum post associated with Ankama and Dofus. I post regularly, but rarely read all of even this forum. Going off on the casual forum question like this seems really over the top.

A better approach would be to link to the information involved and ask the poster to check it.
0 0
Score : 1757
lazaustin|2010-10-06 17:37:00
Not everybody here reads every scrap of every blog/forum post associated with Ankama and Dofus.

Not Everyone but some may, like VoidofSouls. There are dofus fans, etc. that pay close attention to the game news and everything about it, and there are people that don't. Forum is a place for the people that do, to discuss about things as well as a place for people that don't to ask questions from their own way, and both should be treated with respect. I don't recall reading anywhere on this Dofus Forum that people who don't keep themselves updated with Dofus, aren't allowed to ask questions that already have answers to, somewhere else. Even receiving questions from people with a respectable attitude.

Okay VoidOfSouls may have a unique attitude to other people unlike himself, the sort of people he "may" detest. I don't see anyone should make the effort or himself even to make a change in that. VoidOfSouls should be respected the way he is. However, IF he wishes to turn the forum and the people in it, expecting people in it to be the same type of person he is, have the same attitude towards others, well he certainly is out of his "god damn mind" in that case.
0 0
Respond to this thread