FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Anger!

By DWKmaster January 15, 2011, 23:42:55

Anger! What is the forum maintenance team thinking?! Just restore the old forum, because I hate this too-small print and this inablity to visit profiles! Someone out there, don't you agree?

0 0
Reactions 22
Score : 3209

You can increase the size of the text using your browser's built-in option to change the size of font. On Mac you can also do it with Command and + (to increase) and Command and - (to decrease).

I also miss profiles. But even more I miss subscriptions and ability to change forum settings.

One more problem I've encountered is incorrect rendering of the forum. This is how this (and any other short) thread look in Safari:

0 0
Score : 1436

Font size is exactly the same as it's always been for me and I never really used profiles much anyway.

Also, Nikto, I can't see any rendering problems in that screenshot :\

0 0
Score : 1285
Elusial|2011-01-16 01:03:17

Im guessing it's the random white block. Im pretty sure it normally shows a repeat of some kind of brown?

And the font size stays the same for me. Im using Chrome. Though I literally use every browser except Safari >>;
0 0
Elusial|2011-01-16 01:03:17

Normally there should be no white space at the bottom of the page, unless it's a "design feature".

In fact, it exists on all pages, but when the pages are bigger than the screen the white block is small and much less noticeable and annoying than on short pages.
0 0

You mean the container for the quick-jump drop-down?

The design is pretty standard for IPB forums I believe.

0 0
Score : 3951
Elusial|2011-01-16 04:39:48

Its easy to miss but if you look you can see that the bottom 1/5th  of that screen shot is just blank white. I believe that is what they are talking about. The page isnt filling the screen for her.

Personally I haven't had that problem on FF or IE. I have had problems with BB tags not working properly though.
0 0
Score : 7839

I must admit.. I miss the old forums much more, but more people will like this new layout so we'll be the ignored few =3.

*Travis

0 0
Priz|2011-01-16 05:08:01
Elusial|2011-01-16 04:39:48

Its easy to miss but if you look you can see that the bottom 1/5th  of that screen shot is just blank white. I believe that is what they are talking about. The page isnt filling the screen for her.

Personally I haven't had that problem on FF or IE. I have had problems with BB tags not working properly though.

Oooh, I see it now, yeah, that's definitely something wrong with the rendering.
0 0
Score : 5815

What I'm annoyed about is that I keep getting logged out after awhile.

0 0
Score : 11665

I just hope I can log in from firefox when it's fixed because the Internet Explorer is just so slow.

0 0
Score : 5242

Thisgameizfun, try this Click here

0 0
Score : 11665
formulamonster|2011-01-16 20:27:43
Thisgameizfun, try this Click here

Quite helpful! smile
0 0
Score : 726

Ever since the update, the forums haven't been loading on Google Chrome (My standard browser)...says the website has a redirect loop. Works fine on Firefox though.

0 0
Score : 7868

Try this:

Click here

0 0
Capwi|2011-01-16 12:52:38

It's a standard for many French websites feature. You are logged out in 10-15 minutes "for the reasons of your own security". And I totally agree this is incredibly annoying.

I'm actually starting to hate new forums. It seems that many features are broken, untested, or not included at all.
For example after a forced relog I'm redirected to the index forum page instead of the page where I was.
Google links are broken (well, eventually Google will re-index the forums, but it will take some time), so it's not possible to search with it for now.
Link on the main page to the Problems and solutions forum doesn't work.
Spellchecker is awful and for some reason treats Google and French as google and french.
And so on...

It seems the only thing I like are new avatars.
0 0
Score : 71
Nikto|2011-01-22 09:56:55
Capwi|2011-01-16 12:52:38

It's a standard for many French websites feature. You are logged out in 10-15 minutes "for the reasons of your own security". And I totally agree this is incredibly annoying.

I'm actually starting to hate new forums. It seems that many features are broken, untested, or not included at all.
For example after a forced relog I'm redirected to the index forum page instead of the page where I was.
Google links are broken (well, eventually Google will re-index the forums, but it will take some time), so it's not possible to search with it for now.
Link on the main page to the Problems and solutions forum doesn't work.
Spellchecker is awful and for some reason treats Google and French as google and french.
And so on...

It seems the only thing I like are new avatars.

About the avatars....how do you change the avatar....?
0 0
Score : 7839
Reena|2011-01-23 22:06:09

About the avatars....how do you change the avatar....?

This is actually rather simple. Go to the upper right hand of the forums, click on the "manage your account" link, and from there find the link on the middle left of your screen to "forum". That will redirect you to the page to change your avatar. From there, it is self explanatory.

*Travis
0 0
Score : 3951

Did the remove the private message system or am I just missing it somewhere? I agree with Nikto the new avatars are nice but I fail to see how any of the other changes can be considered improvements. I've been having a hard time with BB codes too, and I've seen a few posts from other people with the same errors I was getting when I tried to use them.

0 0
Score : 7868

Private message system is not available yet.

0 0
Respond to this thread