FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Cowboy Class

By Gunnerwolfang - FORMER SUBSCRIBER - January 16, 2011, 01:56:20
Cowboy Class
There was a hidden village that is inhabited by former Cra disciples. They lost the guidance of the goddess Cra when they disobeyed the goddess and sympathized with the magic engineers. It was believed that Pocrahontas, daughter of the village elder, fell in love to a young magical engineer and made union with him, thus cursing the whole village when their bloodlines were defiled.

Without a goddess to bless them with powers, they formed an alliance with the magical engineers who helped them gain new powers (using magical weapons and riding tamed creatures). In exchange for these magical technology, they will help the magical engineers gather the 12 Eiffel Artifact, 6 Original Dofus and resurrect the artificial god "Ultimate Eiffel" in exchange for magical techs.

Thus, the Yobwoc Class emerges, powered by the age of magical technology, they were able to gain the powers that they need to be recognized by the 12 chosen class.

Yobwoc Hat
Lawless and Godless.
They are gun-slinging drifter who believes in the principle of quick draw. They are always in the wrong place at the wrong time but that is just fine cause they like it that way. They are good at finding opportunity even in the most unfortunate times.

Fighting Style: Shooting and Riding
The Yobwoc can summon non-combat creatures that they can ride. These creatures unlike Osamodas battle summons are too tamed to be used as fighting units but they can be ridden by the Yobwoc. Once ridden, they augments their abilities to the Yobwoc by bonding with them (Avatar parody).

Symbolic Icon: Double handgun crossed together signifying harmony through taking up arms.

Statue: A galloping gun-totting cowboy. Yobwoc Statue and Eiffel Statue stands side by side as the 2 class are considered as allies.

Place of Origin: Shares their fashion to technology with the engineers of Imp Village (my 1st class suggestion). They co-exist with the engineers relying mostly on them for their technology, skills and firepower. Their existance is closely related/dependent on the presence of engineers and their power is based on magical technology.

General Appearance: Wears a trenchcoat to partly cover their gun holster and bullet belts strung over their chest and hip.

SWROG cowboy avatar

Spells Category:
Shooting Spell: Direct damage abilities.
Summon Spell: Summon tamed non-combat creatures
Riding Spell: Spells used to ride creatures and while riding a creature.
Ranger Skill: A cowboy's must have abilities.

SHOOTING SPELLS:

Revolver Shot
Short range
Medium damage

Rifle Shot
Long range
Low damage

Desperado Blast
The yobwoc loads his rifle barrel with an extra phial of gunpowder to charge up his shot.
Can charge up to 5 times, each charge will add +50% to damage and +10% *backfire.
A full charge (5 charge) will deliver a rifle attack that is +250% damage with a 50% *backfire rate.
*when the attack backfire the caster will suffer the full damage.

Dying Flame Bullets
(Hitman Reborn?)
Low damage + boost.
The yobwoc loads his handgun with magic bullets and shoots them to boost his targets attributes.

Broke Back Shot
The famous shot that killed Jesse James.
Deals massive damage when used behind an opponent.

Power Blast
Medium Damage/Self Pushback
The yobwoc was locked by 2 back-to-back opponent that he cannot "Release". What can he do? He draws his rifle and revolver, combine them together and fires a piercing blast that propels himself away from his enemy while doing a fair amount of damage as well. Unfortunately he misjudged his distance from the nearest wall so he sustained some minor injury from smashing into the wall.

This spell do a medium damage on a linear path that pierces thru 2-4 tiles. The caster will also be push back by the force of the blast which can be a useful getaway move but can damage the caster if he hits an object in the process.

SUMMONS:
Summons a tamed creature that do not have any offensive abilities (except when they crit hit evolve by the "Evolution" spell of the Foggernaut).
Their primary purpose is to bond with the Yobwoc.

Summoned mounts can be evolved by the Foggernaut's "Evolution" spell.
Deer: Cowardly AI, no offensive/defensive ability
evolves to
Stag: Aggressive AI, Spell: Charging Horn
evolves to
Reindeer: Aggressive AI, Spells: Charging Horn, Grow Winter Coat/Fur (neutral resistance buff spell)

Deer-Stag-Reindeer

Neutral Summon
The deer summon will block/lock the nearest opponent
The deer summon can be mounted using the spell "Hi-Ho Silver" which gives 1-3MP.
When it crit, will summon a "Stag" instead of a Doe. The Stag summon will have an additional attack spell: "Charging Horn" and uses this spell at the nearest target.
Charging Horn: a linear type spell with smash damage. The Stag will run at high speed towards the target and smash his horn at the target then remains at the targets side (dizzied from the impact). The damage calculation will be similar to knockback wallsmash damage. The longer the distance between the Stag and the target the bigger the damage.The cow will suffer the same damage as the target.
Grow Winter Coat/Fur: the Reindeer will grow thicker furs to increase its neutral resistance.

Salamander
Fire Summon
The lizard summon will block/lock the nearest opponent.
The Lizard summon can be mounted using the spell "Hi-Ho Silver" which gives 20-120 Int.
When it crit, will summon a "Flaming Lizard" instead of a Salamander. The flaming lizard summon will have an additional attack spell: "Firebreath" and uses this spell at the nearest target.
Firebreath: a linear type Int spell. The Flaming Lizard will sacrifice a percent of its HP and spit out fire towards the target then move to the adjacent tile of the Yobwoc.

Boar
Earth Summon

Gryphon
Air Summon

Alligator
Water Summon

RIDING SPELL:

Hi-Ho Silver!
Mounting spell.
Can you still remember the client loading screen where an Iop is horseback riding a gobbal? This is how this spell would look like.
Being adventurous and risk-taker, the yobwoc have learned the ability to ride the most wildest stallions and beast that they can find, for a limited turn. This is specially useful in cases where the target cannot be picked-up or pushed around. They climb on top of the target and forcefully steer them to whatever tile that they desire. They cannot use this spell while mounted on a dragoturkey.

Cowboots

Mounted MP Buff
A mounted yobwoc strikes his spiked boots heels to the sides of his mount, giving the controlled mount MP boost while inflicting a little damage to the said mount.

RANGER SPELL:

Lasso

Movement and action preventer.
The yobwoc uses his trusted rope to lasso his opponent.
ver. 1.: the target loses mobility when lassoed on the leg
ver. 2.: the target gets lassoed on the upper body and loses ability to act and his movement is restricted to the length of the rope in relation to the caster. If the caster is 3 tiles from the target, the target can only move on a 3 tile area around the caster. The same thing happens to the caster, they cannot act until the spell wore off since they are holding the other end of the rope, and they cannot move around more than the lenght of the rope.

Sand Dance Kick

Range/Crit Fail Debuff
The yobwoc kicks the dirt towards the opponent's eye limiting the victims vision.

Canned Ration
Summon/Monster Heal/Crit Rate Buff
The yobwoc throws a can of pet food that attracts summons in range. Any summon within range of the can will attack-to-eat the ration for some health. his spell ca be strategically use to distract an enemy summon/monsters away from you.
Any non-summon who attacks the can (target practice) will gain crit rate buff.

Dyna Might
Heavy Damage/Chance Buff Preventer

The yobwoc attaches a sachel full of high explosive to the victim which puts the victim in "Timebomb State". It will make a devastating explosion and inflict heavy damage at the start of the yobwoc's next turn. During the victims turn he can cast a Chance spell on himself to deactivate the "Timebomb State". If the Chance spell is an Offensive Spell, it will damage the victim, if it is a buff spell, it will not take effect (it will only be able to deactivate the state). It could be a way to prevent the enemy from using a Chance buff on themself.
Edit: The explosion will be AoE so the victim may want to use the explosion to harm the yobwoc as well by standing close to the yobwoc. talk about sweet revenge and backfiring of strategy. Yobwoc should think twice before using this spell.

You can also check out my previous class suggestions:
1st: Magical Engineer ( Xelor's Gears) Click here Time displaced rebels who created their own mechanical god to destroy the 12 gods. Now under the watchful eye of the god Xelor, who some suspects plans to use the engineers technology for his own agenda.

3rd: Druid Class (Eniripsa's Potions) Click here Followers of Otomai who combines science and magic. Former nature loving followers of Eniripsa who followed the path of higher knowledge.

4th: Gemini Class (Pandawa Twin) Click here What happens when 4 pandawa tribes inter-mingle? You will get a 4 element hybrid "Avatar" class. (actually each twin controls only 2 elements but together they control 4).

5th: Monster Class: Gobball (Feca's Herd) Click here Have you ever wondered what it feels like to be a monster? Here is your chance. The goddess Feca have been also known as the herder god, which is why all the gobballs consider her as their protector and patron.

6th: Shadow Mimic (Osamoda's Beastman) Click here Former Osamodas followers who were seduced by the demon god "Rushu". The highest evolution of the dopple race. Uses the power of shadow magic and mimicry.

7th: Feng Shui TarotS (Ecaflip's Karma) Click here The lucky cat persona of the god Ecaflip.

8th: Zombie Rockstar (Sacrier's Flesh) Click here Enticed by the power of death and rock music, these sacrier returnee are a testament that "Rock and Roll is dead... or should I say undead.

9th: Icarus Wings (Iop's Wings) Click here "Why jump, when you can fly?" A new order of the Iop's disciples who rediscovered the lost secret of the ancient magical artifacts.
1 -3
Reactions 29
Score : 2458

you should have aspell called Brokeback shot, that deals extra damage from behind laugh

Maybe Lasso, for reducing MP

1 0
Score : 3927

But I don't wanna be a cowboy!  

1 0
Score : 7820
GoldfishGod|2011-01-16 03:22:48
you should have aspell called Brokeback shot, that deals extra damage from behind laugh

Fuuu.. I really wish the "Thumps Up" button was working.

*Travis
0 0
Score : 25843
GoldfishGod|2011-01-16 03:22:48

The "Lasso" is a definite must have to every cowboy. I will add it later, I will work out 2 variation of the lasso spell, your MP reduction and one that I had in mind.

lmao on the back attack spell. I will add this also.

Thanks for the contribution.

New spells:

Lasso
Movement and action preventer.
The yobwoc uses his trusted rope to lasso his opponent.
ver. 1.: the target loses mobility when lassoed on the leg
ver. 2.: the target gets lassoed on the upper body and loses ability to act and his movement is restricted to the length of the rope in relation to the caster. If the caster is 3 tiles from the target, the target can only move on a 3 tile area around the caster. The same thing happens to the caster, they cannot act until the spell wore off since they are holding the other end of the rope, and they cannot move around more than the lenght of the rope.

Broke Back Shot
The famous shot that killed Jesse James.
Deals massive damage when used behind an opponent.

Whistler's Mount
Summon
The yobwoc whistle and his trusted stallion appears.
The horse summon will block the nearest opponent
The horse summon can be mounted using the spell "Hi-Ho Silver" which gives either:
a. MP bonus
b: dodging bonus
0 0
Score : 7679

Man, if the 15th-century weapons of the Rogues got people to complain about too much "modern weaponry", I'd hate to see what sort of reaction 19th and early 20th century guns would cause biggrin

0 0
Score : 2458
Schmendrick|2011-01-17 17:21:28
Man, if the 15th-century weapons of the Rogues got people to complain about too much "modern weaponry", I'd hate to see what sort of reaction 19th and early 20th century guns would cause biggrin

Woah, woah, woah... are you saying people would object to a class with uzis? And I thought the Dofus community was cool. You used to be cool Dofus community, but you've changed man, you've changed!

In a game with time-travel magic, I'd expect at least a few future trinkets could go unnoticed.
0 0

I don't see anyone complain everytime I wear my Tormentator Guns. I also do not see complain on the technology level of Imp Carrier, Cybworker, Wobbots, etc... What century are those technology?

Anyway, this is just a RP class suggestion. I do not expect this class to be incorporated.

New spells:

Sand Dance Kick
Range/Crit Fail Debuff
The yobwoc kicks the dirt towards the opponent's eye limiting the victims vision.

Canned Ration
Summon/Monster Heal/Crit Rate Buff
The yobwoc throws a can of pet food that attracts summons in range. Any summon within range of the can will attack-to-eat the ration for some health.
Any non-summon who attacks the can (target practice) will gain crit rate buff.
0 0
Score : 7679
Gunnerwolfang|2011-01-19 15:31:50

I don't see anyone complain everytime I wear my Tormentator Guns. I also do not see complain on the technology level of Imp Carrier, Cybworker, Wobbots, etc... What century are those technology?

I never said I had a problem with them, I said "people".

People like this and this and this. (And, you'll note, I argued with all of them, pointing out that Dofus isn't "medieval" at all)

Geez, I make a comment intended as a joke, and you start arguing with me over an opinion that isn't even mine. Way to miss the joke. biggrin

As for me... I'd play a cowboy class in a heartbeat.
0 0
Schmendrick|2011-01-20 20:53:47
Gunnerwolfang|2011-01-19 15:31:50

I never said I had a problem with them, I said "people".

People like this and this and this. (And, you'll note, I argued with all of them, pointing out that Dofus isn't "medieval" at all)

Geez, I make a comment intended as a joke, and you start arguing with me over an opinion that isn't even mine. Way to miss the joke. biggrin

As for me... I'd play a cowboy class in a heartbeat.
 Aww. Sorry for missing the joke. :p
I thought you were a cons. My bad.
I'm glad you like a cowboy class. Maybe you can add something to the suggestion.
I'm about to add the story, look it up later.

Added a little storyline but will think of a way to expand it a bit.
0 0
Score : 482

nice one kua gunner btw its good to have new class but iwsh its now for p2p

0 0
matrixdigivolution|2011-01-28 06:19:43
nice one kua gunner btw its good to have new class but iwsh its now for p2p

I know you can buy the rouge pack and/or the masq pack if you wanted.

Anyway I have a new spell:

Cowboots
Mounted MP Buff
A mounted yobwoc strikes his spiked boots heels to the sides of his mount, giving the controlled mount MP boost while inflicting a little damage to the said mount.
0 0
Score : 22

New Spell:

Power Blast
Medium Damage/Self Pushback

The yobwoc was locked by 2 back-to-back opponent that he cannot "Release". What can he do? He draws his rifle and revolver, combine them together and fires a piercing blast that propels himself away from his enemy while doing a fair amount of damage as well. Unfortunately he misjudged his distance from the nearest wall so he sustained some minor injury from smashing into the wall.

This spell do a medium damage on a linear path that pierces thru 2-4 tiles. The caster will also be push back by the force of the blast which can be a useful getaway move but can damage the caster if he hits an object in the process.

0 0
Score : 338

I love it man. This is cool.

One question - can osa whip the horse if the cowboy is on it?

Also the Hi-Ho Silver! spell really rocks.
With level 6 you should be able to ride creature at your level or something like that. I would play this class even if only to ride on moowolf XD

0 0
Ranpou|2011-02-11 04:16:18
I love it man. This is cool.

One question - can osa whip the horse if the cowboy is on it?

Also the Hi-Ho Silver! spell really rocks.
With level 6 you should be able to ride creature at your level or something like that. I would play this class even if only to ride on moowolf XD

Yes, just like attacking a pandawa when he is holding a barrel, and the horse is a summon as such it will appear on the turn picture.

I was thinking that the mounting spell could be used on creature way above the yobwoc's level. It is not an offensive spell anyway, it is only useful for placing/manipulating enemy to go to your desired spot.
0 0

New Spell:

Poncho Sachel Charge
Heavy Damage/Chance Buff Preventer

The yobwoc attaches a sachel full of high explosive to the victim which puts the victim in "Timebomb State". It will make a devastating explosion and inflict heavy damage at the start of the yobwoc's next turn. During the victims turn he can cast a Chance spell on himself to deactivate the "Timebomb State". If the Chance spell is an Offensive Spell, it will damage the victim, if it is a buff spell, it will not take effect (it will only be able to deactivate the state). It could be a way to prevent the enemy from using a Chance buff on themself.

0 0

Added new crit:

Whisler's Mount

When it crit, will summon a "Cow" instead of a stallion.
The cow summon will have an additional attack spell: "Charging Horn" and uses this spell at the nearest target.
Charging Horn: a linear type spell with smash damage. The damage calculation will be similar to knockback wallsmash damage. The longer the distance between the cow and the target the bigger the damage.The cow will suffer the same damage as the target.

New summon spell.

0 0

Revised the storyline.
Organized spell category.
Revised and added new tamed creatures (mountable summons).

0 0
Score : 8476

Well be honest i dont like the idea...I have a better idea.....

LETS MAKE ROBOT CLASS WITH LASER GUNS RIFLE GUNS BAZOOKA GUNS ETC.

Are you kidding me? Who wants Dofus be only for being played by 8- age years old players?

0 0

Do you mean 8 year old wouldn't want to play a game with condoms (Bworky Protection) and cannons (Cannondorf) and airship (Imp Carrier) and guns (Tormentator) and ROBOTS (Wobot)?

Magical technology is different from modern technology. Dofus is full of Magical technology, some are even far superior from modern technology like the weather machine that controls the weather in Frigost. Would 8 year old not be able to relate to Frigostian technology?

0 0
Respond to this thread