FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

(paddocks) better solution then delays on purchase.

By Skeena - FORMER SUBSCRIBER - June 14, 2011, 22:42:41

I think a guild should be limited to 1 paddock in each area so a high level guild cant go in and buy many paddocks then re sell them for a ton of profit. If it was like this 148 guilds(many with no paddock) would be able to buy a paddock each instead of randomly running around hoping one is for sale.

0 0
Reactions 14
Score : 2287

Although I don't agree with that idea (because most high level guilds are using alt guilds to buy paddocks anyways) I do think there needs to be something less frustrating and possibly health-endangering* than a 12 hour to 1 week waiting period.

*over 2 days without sleep is really bad for your health

0 0
Score : 121

In my opion, adding these paddocs was mistake. Now scroll markets and mount markets will slowly die...

0 0
Score : 171

The new update brings a lot of new paddocks in koalak mountain, but we cant buy them yet...
When are we be able to buy them?

0 0
Score : 4471
Luminarie|2011-06-15 01:55:46
The new update brings a lot of new paddocks in koalak mountain, but we cant buy them yet...
When are we be able to buy them?
They have a lag time of anywhere between 12 hours to a week before they go on sale
0 0
Score : 24

I wasn't going to reply to this for fear of just sounding like I was complaining, but I've been camping the area for the past few hours and I can't stand staying silent any longer.

I'm in a high population server and am part of a small guild with 0 paddocks. I just want 1 paddock, and slots it isn't much to ask for.

I've just witness someone saying that their main guild's paddock limit is reached and now he's camping for an alt guild.

Has this new waiting game fixed the problem? No, not entirely.

So while talking with other small guilds and how they were in the same position, I suggested a solution and it got good feedback though I doubt the high level guilds would like it much:

Get rid of this random sale time and insert a "Only 1 paddock is allowed to be bought by a guild once a week" So 1 paddock a week? Seems more fair that what's been put in now.

Agree? Disagree?

0 0
Score : 5493

In my honest opinion the only ones to say no would be the ones who abuse it by buying then selling the paddocks for ridiculous prices.

0 0
Score : 592
Lockeht|2011-06-16 05:28:02
I wasn't going to reply to this for fear of just sounding like I was complaining, but I've been camping the area for the past few hours and I can't stand staying silent any longer.

I'm in a high population server and am part of a small guild with 0 paddocks. I just want 1 paddock, and slots it isn't much to ask for.

I've just witness someone saying that their main guild's paddock limit is reached and now he's camping for an alt guild.

Has this new waiting game fixed the problem? No, not entirely.

So while talking with other small guilds and how they were in the same position, I suggested a solution and it got good feedback though I doubt the high level guilds would like it much:

Get rid of this random sale time and insert a "Only 1 paddock is allowed to be bought by a guild once a week" So 1 paddock a week? Seems more fair that what's been put in now.

Agree? Disagree?

Once a week might be too long but once per day or 2 should give the perfect time to everybody to buy, except that many people will use alt guilds. :s Even if they have to wait to buy the paddock back. There might be another option.
0 0
Score : 47

I think a better option is limiting it so that guilds who only have 0 paddocks can buy 1 paddock for the first week they're out then 2nd week ppl with 1 paddock can get another. after that week then open them to anyone. I started a guild a while back took a year break then i came back and right now trying to find a paddocks where they're all either not for sale yet or the high lvls guilds have bought most of them.

0 0
Score : 223

I believe the best way to fix the whole system, not just these new paddocks, is to completely remove the profit from selling Paddocks, and make them only be able to be put back for sale, for the price they were originally

This is why, what did people do to deserve to make a profit from buying a paddock? nothing, this game should not reward people for doing nothing...If you buy a Paddock and later think, you don't want the paddock, you get your money back, and go on about your life, someone else gets the paddock, noone is ripped off...everyone is happy...How things are now, is people run around, scoop up all of the Paddocks, and charge about 1000% or higher increases to the prices (example 3mil paddock going for 60mk)...give me a break, why should they be allowed to sell it like that?

So if you remove the profit, people won't buy a Paddock just to sell it, and it will allow the people that don't have 50mk on hand, to save up, and get a Paddock of their own...and everyone can have more fun on Dofus

0 0
Score : 28
Rin-Mascarenhas|2011-06-20 21:26:41
So if you remove the profit, people won't buy a Paddock just to sell it, and it will allow the people that don't have 50mk on hand, to save up, and get a Paddock of their own...and everyone can have more fun on Dofus

I totally agree with you... Stop real estate speculation! smile
0 0
Score : 401

Ankama screwed up when they put a limited number of paddocks in place. now they are trying to rectify that.

instead, they should scrap the current system all together, and replace paddocks as we see them with instances like incarnum, where instead of guilds getting the ability to buy more paddocks and having to pay stupid prices for them, their "incarnum" instance of paddocks just gets larger.

for example, lvl 10 guild, has a 1 paddock size incarnum.
lvl 20 - 2 paddock sized.

etc.

gives the option to use Perc points to increase paddock size as well, making guilds have to put their points in other places if they want to use it, instead of the typical Lvl 1 Rock Lvl 1 U/b.

I've spent 5 days now camping for 18 hours at a time. I've missed out on two paddocks because i had to sleep, and i don't have the money to sub/log 100's of different alts like the guys who have been buying the paddocks on the Rosal server. i was one of the first few people online after the update, hoping i could finally get a paddock for my guild. - Guess that went to hell.

In my oppinion, this "time delay" has done nothing to prevent" the simultaneous purchase of houses and paddocks by a small minority of players after a restart of the game servers. " - instead, its just forced them to log more people and give up more subscription time.
Anyway, thoughts on "incarnum" styled paddocks? leaves space open for different maps to be made, downside, everyone who has spent >9000mk on paddocks wont get their money back..

0 0
Score : 3208

I think that the idea of upgradable non-sellable but given to each guild (per 10 levels) paddocks is really good. However, I was thinking more about upgrading paddocks not with guild points but using special items crafted by handyman or even some new professional.
Professional breeders usually breed in alt guilds as big guilds aren't really good for this purpose (mainly because of the theft issues). If paddocks can be upgraded only using guild points the situation will be worsen for breeders compared to what we have now. I believe that paddocks should be relatively easy available for those who want to use them for their intended purpose -- breeding. Therefore paddock upgrades should be manageable for real breeders disregarding their guild's activity/strength/size.

As for delayed sale, I spent 36 hours without sleep to buy paddocks. I consider myself very lucky as I got paddocks exactly how I wanted them (10 + 12 slots in the same maze) and using just one character. However, it interfered with my normal activities, and as the sale happened during the examination week in college the whole event made me very unhappy. I think that future sales should be organised in some other way. But I do not agree that the right of preference should belong to guilds with the least number of paddocks: it won't solve the problem, people will buy paddocks on their alt guilds and then sale to main guilds, if needed. Recent sale also showed that a lot of people buy paddocks for resale. Neither of proposed restrictions on buyers can do anything about resale.
I find the proposal to restrict resales to the original price interesting, but it against the idea of free market practiced in this game. This restriction also is ineffective against guilds who buy paddocks only because they can do it and because "every big guild must have maximum number of paddocks" (even if they have no breeders and do not plan to start breeding).

0 0
Score : 2287

I'm surprised no one has complained about this yet....

well LET ME BE THE FIRST to complain about it. Not only did I stay up pretty much the whole week ( I think I slept 2 times) wasting a week of p2p time on 4 accounts just running around in breeder village, but this paddock didn't even sell! Look at all the people sitting there waiting to get it, putting their life on hold for hours or days, and after 1 week and the reboot started, it was still not available for sale.

So yet again, as ankama was supposedly trying to PREVENT... this became a "whoever logs on after reboot first gets it" and as I was the 2nd
person to log on, I could plainly see that the only other person in the room had bought it. ANKAMA
FAILS at math.
0 0
Score : 49

Well something needs to be done about these paddocks because Im just about fed up with Dofus call it complaining or so be it at this point I dont care. It take 2 months for a New Guild to even have the possibility to be even to have a paddock for one thing so you wait all that time just to see the same guild have like ten paddocks they dont even friggen use. Then when the time comes ok you can buy one nope you cant cuz you dont have 50 to 200 mill to buy one please give me a break people should be smacked for even thinking they can sell something that goes for only 5 mill at most and think they deserve that big of a profit please. Now they braught in more paddocks with this stupid system which didnt solve anything cuz yeah the same thing happen I seen the same High End guild own like 3 of them all ready like seriously no this is stupid there is no need for that when you already have five outside and around dofus or better yet they baught them again just to sell it for high profit these Paddock hoggers&profiters NEED TO GO!!!!. This Game doesnt even care about newly developed Guilds whatsoever they never put that aspect into concideration and they arent taking care of none of the problems unless they rightly dont care about the people who play their game. Im sorry to say no guild on this game needs 10 paddock for thier guild if you sit here and say you do your a dayum liar

0 0
Respond to this thread