By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

PvP

By Thintil June 26, 2011, 18:45:12

Alright I play on Zato currently, where everyone has aligned with Bonta, and all the territories are Bonta aligned. I hoped on Rushu not to long ago and the reverse was may be the case there, although I haven't played to know where those wanted to go into PvP go when picking their city.

At any rate I feel want should be added is a incentive for people to join the "weaker side", because currently everyone seems to go with the crowd which usually is Bonta. I mean it's already been said the system (aka Head Hunter/strokens) is pretty much broken. Most people are handing money to others just to get them to PvP with them. Does that not sorta defeat the purpose of PvP in a game?? And people actually felt sad that mercenaries didn't make it to international servers, well it's no wonder to me at least.

Back on track though the Incentive could be a xp/drop bonus for a couple days for joining on the weaker side, with your wings up mind you. Or even just a persistent xp/drop bonus for those that are on the weak side with their wings up. What needs to happen is a balancing of the 2 cities out, as more often then not everyone seems to migrate to Bonta, and at least on Zato people sell PvP to each other all for strokens. And lets be honest it's not really the system that's broken it's the players simply abusing it since they don't really want to roleplay.

Another sad little bit of info I've checked out the other communities on the dofus home page in server status. Aside from international/shika they all have very balanced alignments, compared to our international servers that have the majority going to Bonta. At any rate there needs to be another system of some sort added to encourage people to balance the 2 sides out, that and the head hunting quest matching system needs some tweaking (majorly in some cases).

I guess my only other question would be of all the international servers is there any that roleplay, where there's heated battles over territories?

Edit: Another idea is to have a limit to how populated one alignment can be compared to the other. So if there are more Bontarian's then Brakmarian's then no one can join Bonta's side til Brakmar's side is closer to even with each other.

0 0
Reactions 10
Score : 7808

The problem (on Rushu at least) is that the Brak market is dead. Items in Brak market often cost 2x more than in Bonta, IF the item is for sale. That's why a large portion of people prefer to align with Bonta.

0 0
Score : 4474
SilentRevenge|2011-06-26 21:26:55
The problem (on Rushu at least) is that the Brak market is dead. Items in Brak market often cost 2x more than in Bonta, IF the item is for sale. That's why a large portion of people prefer to align with Bonta.
location also plays a role. newer players can far more easily get to bonta than they can to brakmar. heck, bonta is on the way to brakmar unless you know the shortcuts, which a new player obviously wont.
0 0
Score : 7808

I don't think the 2 minutes of clicking is that big a difference. Back when mobs in Sidimote were still agro that was definitely the case.

0 0
Score : 3338

The problem is and has been that Ankama still has not stopped aligned from having the ability from attacking neutral characters and they have not opened all areas of Dofus to neutral characters.Until they do I and others will continue to tell neutral players to join the majority alignment and keep their wings down.That way they both limit their chances of being attacked and have access to all areas of the game such as Zoths and Pandala in order to continue PvM and gather resources.Hopefully we can get the majority alignment up to 90% or more on most servers and no I and others don't give a crap about how this may affect PvP since we would prefer to do PvM without being affected by PvP and the alignment system but that is not happening so we will do what we can to make changes ourselves.

0 0
Score : 645

Well a new person wouldn't know a whole lot about the 2 PvP sides to begin with anyways. But the fact that it's easier to become Brakmar means that distance shouldn't be a issue, especially with the npc in Astrub that will allow you to join without going to either city, that added with city potions makes it a rather terrible excuse. That's just my thoughts on it, but I think it sorta falls down to a community thing in the end. I remember on Rushu way back in the day (probably close around the bluff eca craze) everyone was Bonta, hardly no one was Brakmar and in a matter of days a bunch of high levels had switched sides. I don't remember the reasoning but it did confuse people on which side they wanted to be, since everyone wants to be on the winning side of course.

@SilentRevenge I'm sure the Brakmar markets are dead on all servers, well International/English ones at least. Mind you I haven't played on any of the other community servers to verify how their cities markets are, but I have a feeling it's a little more even then ours seems to be. No one to blame but us, the players, on that though really, we either make the effort or we get lazy about it. Would be nice to see that change like people would have to at a certain level choose a city, if they want to PvP or not is under their control or course.

Would be nice if communites, by that I'd mean player base of a server, were more into this. It's been a while since I was in a group PvP, and on Zato I don't see that happening anytime soon. I'm not sure about Rushu or the other International servers.

Edit: Um an aligned person can attack a neutral but they gain absolutely nothing from it but dishonor points, unless someone is annoying the hell out of someone I don't usually see this happening a lot. True that neutrals not having access to villages might seem unfair, but I have a feeling the creators wanted it to be a reward for the winning side who conquering it and a incentive for it to get conquered by an alignment. Besides people might not want to PvP solo but doing it with others tends to be a lot different, so I don't see why these people couldn't be apart of that on either side really. Like I said it a good portion of this falls on the player base in the end.

0 0
Score : 368

My suggesting for keeping alignments more in balance…

Amakna Castle

Make the Lords of Amakna Castle dedicated to ‘preserving the balance of the world’
Add markets to the Castle area
The Castle is NOT a conquest area but does sometimes align itself.
If both alignments are within 15% it remains open to both alignments.
If one alignment’s population exceeds the other by 15% the castle aligns to the minority alignment and closes to majority alignment.

Thus whichever group is under represented has two major markets to work with rather than one, making the underdog alignment more desirable to upcoming characters. Any time the alignments swing out of balance this system helps to self correct it.

Problems I foresee with this system is houses and paddocks within the Castle. If you are aligned good or evil and buy a property in the Castle when its open to you and then things shift and it closes to your alignment what happens?

0 0
Score : 9380

That wouldn't help. That new market would be dead and nobody would care. Just look at the brak markets, they got very low fees, high capacities (compared to the bonta markets) and items will stay for sale for almost forever, and what happened? Nobody uses them. These self-balancing measures fail. The only solution to fix the markets is to merge them. This two-market system is a failure. Ankama finally need to realize that, come down of their high horses and fix the markets. It's long overdue.

0 0
Score : 2699

I agree with Blazeron there. Adding yet another market would mean more places to hope for stuff to sell. The only way I see a 4th market working (Bonta, Brak, and Astrub already has markets) is if in the end, all items are sold universally. If I go to view the market in Astrub, I can buy it out, and it takes it from Bonta and Brakmar and the Castle as needed. If I put something up for sale, I can see what the 'true' average price is; browse equips and judge pricing, and just sell it from 1 spot, and it is up in all 4.

0 0
Score : 342

I agree with blazeron too, if we can't find a miraculous way of fixing the PvP unbalance a first step definitily is to merge the markets, this way people would care less of advantages of each side, and care more about the roleplay they want to do.

A wonderfull idea indeed.

0 0
Score : 1847

Haha on Dark vlad, every market is dead except for astrub.
Quite sad.

0 0
Respond to this thread