FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Report User

By Tdogg - SUBSCRIBER - February 28, 2006, 00:11:35

I'm getting tired of users (high and low level) that use excessive bad langauge and racist/sexist comments. Will there ever be a way to report users? Or, at least, block their messages?

There's a similar post in the General Discussions, but thought this belonged here

0 0
Reactions 42
Score : 125

Totally. Other MMORPG's at least substitute curse words and racial slurs (that are spelled correctly) with symbols. There needs to be some measure to improve the game experience for us folks that are offended by such crass language (whether it targets us or not).

0 0
Score : 64

I very much agree with the TDogg. I would LOVE to see some way of censoring unwanted messages. Also, this is the first MMO I have played that the game allows people to use offensive language indiscrimintly.

0 0
Score : 9722

If someone is going over the line, screenshot them and report them at http://support.dofus.com

People have been banned for offensive comments, so go for it!

=Wish=

0 0
Score : 3860

It's not like there's this giant sticker on the dofus site that says it's rated for children. If you can't live with the swears, then just go play an E-rated game ok?

0 0
Citation
It's not like there's this giant sticker on the dofus site that says it's rated for children. If you can't live with the swears, then just go play an E-rated game ok?

Are you serious? Did you just equate decency with immaturity?
Congratulations, you've managed to make an offensive comment without even using foul language.
0 0
Score : 238
Citation

And its not like its rated Over 18 only either now is it? There people of all ages playing this game and its not fair on the younger members of the game to put up with language like this, or be stopped from playing by there parents because of loosers such as yourself who seem to think theres nothing wrong with swearing.

Seriously.. practically every other game out there has the ability to block swearing and similar with a language filter, why not Dofus too? While I'm old enough to not really care about swearing, its does get rather annoying when every othr map you come to theres someone using f*** as punctation, or telling someone to go back to there own country in an offensive manner.

Seriously.. take note developers and put in a language filter now!!
0 0
Score : 1617

I agree with villike. But also there is no age requirement. If there is things you don't like then don't play. Its not like this is the only game in town.

Citation
Seriously.. take note developers and put in a language filter now!!

Yeah cute. No I don't think they will. Things and Business is different in France.
0 0

You guys are rediculous! This has nothing to do with age. Why can't I, a college grad, ask a game developer to limit the ability of players to be indecent? In most games it's called sportsmanship, and it's required. Why is it so uncommon in mmo's?

0 0
Score : 1197

I think that the developers should give us the tools to protect ourselves. an /ignore would be lovely -- I'd want that before I'd want new metals, plants, a class...etc.

Now, I don't think foul language in and of itself is a problem, but outright racism/sexism/homophobia/anti-semitism etc. is WAY out of line and should be dealt with, since it is creating a hostile environment for players. Whereas 'foul' language is cultural and it is not a game for children. My children DO play but I am aware it is not a children's game and act accordingly.

0 0
Score : 83

Are you really limiting their ability to be indecent, though? A language filter just changes a couple characters. What makes f**k any less offensive than the full word? Do the two asterisks change the fact that the person that typed it *meant* the full word? Really, language is just a method of interpersonal communication, a way for people to convey meaning to others. The server can change the words that get to your screen, but it can't change the intent of the person that typed them; they *intended* to use the actual curse, so it should still hold a meaning just as strong as if the word still showed up.

All that aside, I fully support /ignore functionality and bannination for morons that repeatedly abuse their speaking privileges.

0 0
Score : 130

How do you screenshot people?

0 0
Score : 130
Citation
If someone is going over the line, screenshot them and report them at http://support.dofus.com

=Wish=

How do you screenshot people
0 0
Score : 534
Citation
Citation

=Wish=
How do you screenshot people

On your keyboard next to the f12 key is a button that says "Print Screen", hit this, and then go into any sort of paint or image program and paste it into there like you would paste anything else and save it. Then you just upload it somewhere like www.photobucket.com and provide a link.
0 0
Score : 74

If you use Photobucket and try to upload a screen-sized (mine is 1024 x 768).bmp (like MS Paint saves as) it may be above their size specifications so that they'll resize the picture AND convert it to .jpg. The end result is blurred beyond recognition. (Or at least mine were when I tried it.) If the Dofus staff will take a .png I suggest converting it to that, since .png gives smaller filesizes with less blurring. I don't recommend cropping the picture, as that might remove parts that the Dofus staff will want/need, but I suppose you could resize the entire image.

0 0
Score : 65

Oh god people cry me a river so i can come out and bash you on the head with boat ore. God, why must people be such whiners about language, guess what people THEY ARE JUST WORDS. Stop being children, i bet you dont whine when someone irl cusses, yet in a game you feel so superior that you think you dont have to see it. You have just as much right to not want to see it as anyone else has the right to want to use it. Its funny how the same people will complain to f2pers about them wanting more area, saying things like "They made the game the way it is, live with it, if you dont like it, LEAVE", Than they turn around and whine about things about the game like language. Grow up. Heres an idea, Im mainly on the char maroshi. Next time your ingame, give me a hollar and ill make sure to drop a few cuss words for you. ^^

0 0
Score : 994

Jimby, I don't understand what you mean... I grasp the meaning of every word, but put together they don't make sense.

It sounds like you actually like being an idiot and insulting everyone ? Could anyone translate ?

As for abuse of fouls words and racism, the problem is much less outside astrub... And people acting like that just get more and more isolated... making them even more aggressive in turn. They do not realize they need professionnal help...

Finally the problem with censorship is that it isn't a english server, but an internationnal server. When speaking another language, some people would have symbols instead of their own tongue... On guild wars for example, some monsters are called "Clerc damnés" (french name) and the "damn" part is bloqued. It reads "clerc ****és. It is just ridiculous.

0 0
Score : 65

Nah i dont like insulting people or makin them mad, but i cant deny talent. Anyway, I dont like when people whine about cuss words, just annoys me to no end when people complain over such small and pitiful matters. Though i do agree with racist terms being wrong, cuss words im fine with, but not racism.

0 0
Score : 212

Jimby... you *are not* okay with racism. So it *is* a legitimate request to ban it. But, you *are* okay with foul language, therefore it *is not* a legitimate request? (I'm interpreting your use of "whine" to mean "illegitimate" since in my book you are the only one so far that has whined.) So when someone requests the use of some tool to prevent seeing something something that offends THEM it's rediculous but not if it offends you? You yourself, Jimby, say that racism is offensive... don't you want to have some measure against it? Or does it only "offend" you because that is the politically correct stance, and you don't really care if people use racist remarks?

While sportsmanship is a good argument for preventing people from *using* foul language (swearing, racial slurs, etc), I say at the very least allow those who are offended by it to apply a filter on their end.

Can anyone make a legitimate, sensible arguement for why people should *not* be allowed to prevent others from verbally abusing them while playing this game? The only legitimate argument I can think of is if that's the way the developers want it, and since we haven't heard from them...

0 0
Score : 1772

Obivioulsy the Development team wants the dofus community to enjoy themselves.

You can read the terms of agreement again and see that abusive behaviour is not welcome.

I agree an /ignore function is probably the best idea.
But would that stop the text bubble from popping up on screen or just the chat window? hopefully both.

The odd cuss word of frustration is one thing.. But there are Viscious mean temperd people. (most of who do not p2p) running round spreading lies and hate.

INFO ON SCREEN SHOTS AND REPORTING ABUSE should be clearly posted in all the areas users are likely to look for info.
(communty site, wiki, Aknama Square.. etc)

There are everal ways to capture a screen image.
You may have a button above your page up / page down keys labeled PrntScrn This will save a image file (usually to your desktop) of your entire screen.

Altenatively you may already have or can easily download a free application that will help you do screen / window image captures.

Attaching an image file that has proof to your support ticket is helpful to admin while deciding what to do in these situations.

0 0