FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

members

By #ArlynnKaide March 11, 2006, 17:01:11

I really think that non-members should have their own servers, that way it at least seems like they have full acess to everything. Members servers should just have more, ya know? =)

0 0
Reactions 19
Score : 19

Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of having a free area? If free players felt that they had access to everything, and couldn't actually see that there was much more out there, why should they join?

In other words, having a free area on the server gives free players an incentive to join: they can see for themselves that there are more areas to explore, monsters to fight, items to get, etc.

0 0
Score : 45

members could play on free servers and members servers. For ex: have you ever played runescape? I hate the game, but the server idea aint half bad.

0 0
Score : 19

Ok, but I doubt Ankama is large enough to support that many servers. Besides, their goal is to get people to join, not to cater to free players. Limiting the free players to one area is a good incentive to get them to join; giving them a server of their own defeats that purpose.

0 0
Score : 74

The way it generally goes is that the p2p members get their OWN server, and then there's a free server everyone can get on. Runescape doesn't have an "only free people" server as far as I'm aware, but there are "only member" servers. Its been a long time since I even looked at runescape, so they may have changed.

0 0
Score : 4688

This would effectively get rid of the free players purpose. Tons of scroll materials and a place to sell all the gobbal and presp sets

0 0

Yeah, i guess you have a point. I suppose I should just beg my parents tyo make me a member. =)

0 0

Well... OMFG! Non members should at least be able to fight in members places! I can live with not being able to talk to CPUs, but this! Aaaaaugh! Not cool! They can still rake in plenty of money if they give non-members a little more! Jeez.
Any suggestions? I'd like to hear em.

0 0
Score : 534

The point isn't that you can experience the member area in a restricted way. It's that you have to pay to experience it, so of course you can't fight monsters.

0 0

But that's just stupid. Normal kids cant pay six bucks a month. If we can, we have to work for it. Thus resulting in more people going to play a better free mmorpg. One measly area is all we get! then pffffft. I might quit

0 0
Score : 534

That's just it. Dofus isn't a f2p game. It's a p2p one with a trial that's limited by space instead of time.

0 0
Score : 768
Citation
But that's just stupid. Normal kids cant pay six bucks a month. If we can, we have to work for it. Thus resulting in more people going to play a better free mmorpg. One measly area is all we get! then pffffft. I might quit

Sorry for being so harsch, but boohoohoo! Do you think I'm made of money just because I don't live with my parents anymore? I'd also like if Dofus was totally free, and that everything else I wanted was totally free. Who want's to pay rent anyways? I think that even the developers want Dofus to be totally free, but I suspect that their landlords also want rent. And that they don't get all their food for free.
Do you understand my point? You don't get anything for free, and the developers actually work with Dofus, and the game is their source of income. So if noone would pay, the game wouldn't exist.
0 0
Score : 4688
Citation

That is funny since normal kids at least in the US spend that much or more on junkfood in a week. It is all about priorities. Get fat off something that only last short term or save the money and have a whole month of something to do
0 0
Score : 9720

If Dofus Went F2P Tomorrow:

• Everyone Would Have Eight Accounts

Oh, no wait, they'd have nine. Eight to fill up hunting parties, and a ninth to hog a merchant spot. Kiss all merchant spots goodbye forever. I mean, you've SEEN Astrub, haven't you?

• Aggression, spamming, and griefing would triple

Someone let all the crazies out of the zoo.

• Amakna would go under

All the people who have paid up until now would leave in frustration when the game is swamped with dummy accounts and noobs. The game would be left with only F2P moochers who all say "Someone else has to pay for the game, my parents won't let me buy things online!" Great business model.

• Leverage is Taken Out of the Hands of the Players

If the game is being paid for directly by advertisers instead of by players, what kind of leverage do you think anyone will have with the developers? Which sounds more impressive "I'm going to stop paying for my account if the game does not improve" or "I'm not going to click on that *Google* ad if the game does not improve"? Threatening to leave? HA! What's one free player? There are - as many of the F2P arguments have noted - hundreds of people who want to play a game for free!

• Apocolypse Now

Okay, I just made this one up to be dramatic. But it would still suck. You're all dying to get out of Astrub, right? What if Astrub was the whole game?

=Wish=
0 0
Score : 970

well first of all i think that if the game was one area i would go nuts i mean in my opion i think the devolpers are just trying to suck as much money from people as possiple like war of warcraft wich makes you pay twice one for the software and second for the game,anyway i think their should be ALOT more options for non members im not a member becuase my parents wont let me became one.

0 0
Score : 9720
Citation
well first of all i think that if the game was one area i would go nuts i mean in my opion i think the devolpers are just trying to suck as much money from people as possiple like war of warcraft wich makes you pay twice one for the software and second for the game,anyway i think their should be ALOT more options for non members im not a member becuase my parents wont let me became one.

What a surprise - a kid whose parents won't pay for him is arguing (if I may use the term loosely) for more f2p areas... a kid who types in run-on sentences and doesn't know how to use a shift key, no less! I am shocked, just SHOCKED!

Sweetie, I'm sorry to tell you this, but kids like you are the reason why some of us don't want the game to go f2p - we don't want little girls and boys like you running around where the big kids are trying to play.

(Note: This is not a slam on all kids, my little sister is about as intelligent and lucid as teenagers come, and when she wanted to play, I paid for her account for three months at the start of the beta. Her character is still in my guild. Not all kids and teens are immature, but those who think that the p2p system is a "scam" - well, grow up, kiddo)

=Wish=
0 0
Score : 768
Citation
well first of all i think that if the game was one area i would go nuts

Astrub is actually city + forest + fields + underground + outskirts = 5 areas. But anyways, you get access to countless off areas if you pay.
Citation
i mean in my opion i think the devolpers are just trying to suck as much money from people as possiple

Erm, 5 Euro per month...that's not much! You are wrong.
Citation
like war of warcraft wich makes you pay twice one for the software and second for the game

Did you pay for any software? I downloaded it for free. So the software costs nothing. You are simply wrong.
Citation
,anyway i think their should be ALOT more options for non members

There must be some reasons to pay. The f2p part is working very very good, there is always lots of ppl there who enjoys the game. You are wrong again.
Citation
im not a member becuase my parents wont let me became one.

Tough luck. Ask them for a new computer game for 10 times the price of a months membership and see what they say.
0 0

Hehe. =) I like you guys. And thanks to you, Im becoming member. I used your good points in a debate with my parents, so next month, Im a member. (Hehe, Ive made some enemies already) =)

0 0
Score : 2173
Citation
Hehe. =) I like you guys. And thanks to you, Im becoming member. I used your good points in a debate with my parents, so next month, Im a member. (Hehe, Ive made some enemies already) =)

I like yooouu. Join Misfits.
0 0
Score : 2864

if played runescape and i was mad about not getting to see wat i missed at dofus i could see wat i missed and i wanted to become p2p right awey ps: im going p2p today whoo DOFUS RULLEZZZ

0 0
Respond to this thread