FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

The Official "We Want More F2P Content" Thread

By Verdant - SUBSCRIBER - April 19, 2006, 22:01:43
Reactions 326
Score : 233

Dont add to the f2p take it away (i am f2p) thers no point in bieng free to play if you cant merchant, use a pet (not a big deal butmeh) or find good mobs

0 0
Score : 55

Here's something I found in another thread, and want to re-express it here:

Citation
I understand completely that the dofus ppl have to make money to keep dofus alive....they cant do it for free ppl, and them even letting you play it f2p is awesome....would rather go play sucky run3scape? or pay $15 a month for ragnarok? i dont think so...this game is much better..

NOW...i've been loyal... i been playing about 4 months now. Im a guild leader who spends 3+ hours every day AT LEAST on dofus, and is wortihng on my 2nd month p2p ^^, but am going to get shafted!!!!

BOTTOM LINE: I cant always afford p2p. I want to dofus to let anyone who has subcribed at least once to maintain usuability of profession - i mean cmon, once sumone subscribes the first time, if they really like it. they will again, but if im forced to subscribe after i've already been a p2p and here for so long, just so i can use what I:VE ALREADY EARNED

In short, it asks: What happens to the players who subscribe, but then let it slip (they can't afford it, outside obligations prevent them from playing enough to justify the expense, etc.). These people, who are in fact supporting Dofus with funding, get extremely crippled by the new F2P zone restrictions. I personally thought it'd be a cool idea to pay when I'd have more time to devote to the game, but fall back on Astrub where real life prevents me from paying the subscription. I know there'll be people who complain about this method of playing - yeah, you don't see it in other games. It's something that has existed in Dofus up until now, and it was really nice. The way it is now... I really don't like it. That, and since you're reducing F2P functionality more and more, I really can't trust what you might do in the future. I cannot financially support a company that treats its free players like this. I had plans to pay to play, and so did two of my friends. All three of us now refuse to consider this, all thanks to this update.
0 0
Score : 206

I personally love what they did about the f2p problem in dofus. Putting a limit on them and taking away their privaleges is just what the doctor ordered.

Plain and simple, if you want more privaleges, get p2p. If you cant afford it, make some kamas, and buy it from someone. There are people out there that sell full memberships for kamas.

I personally think a buffer zone would be a brilliant idea, but thats the absolute max im willing to bend. I still agree with the no pets for f2p, and no professions above 30. For the couple of weeks i was f2p when i first started i had more then plenty to do.

but it basically boils down to this. f2pers are always going to want more for f2pers, and p2pers either arent really going to care what happens, or they'll agree with me and say that they have more than enough privaleges. There are, of course, exceptions to every rule. But this is speaking generally.

Take what you want from this, but its how i feel.

0 0
Score : 306

The thing that freaks me, if you are a f2p and have job higher than lvl30, how long have you been playing for free ?

0 0
Citation
The thing that freaks me, if you are a f2p and have job higher than lvl30, how long have you been playing for free ?

It's possible they played on the beta test, where leveling was much easier. I think I had a jewler profession level of over 20 in the beta - just because I bought a boatload of materials to buy 100+ twiggy rings (or I can't remember what they were exactly - you needed 100 to make an agility scroll). When college life overwhelmed me, I'd log in now and then and make rings to sell so I'd be abit finacially set when it came time to go P2P

And hold on... Ankama lets players sell subscriptions for kamas? I can't see how this'd be true - and even if it were, how are you sure that you won't get scammed? It's not like subscriptions are ingame items.
Citation
but it basically boils down to this. f2pers are always going to want more for f2pers, and p2pers either arent really going to care what happens, or they'll agree with me and say that they have more than enough privaleges. There are, of course, exceptions to every rule. But this is speaking generally.

No, it boils down to f2pers not wanting to have what they already have get taken away.
0 0
Score : 458

Thats YOUR opinion (about the banners)

0 0
Score : 517

Now for my opinion,

I've been f2p since beta till 3 months ago becoming a Full Member. I've became one becuase I knew that if i want to advance better and have more fun, I would need to start being a Full Member (P2P). I've recently became f2p after my membership is gone BUT will be one again in May when I get the money. To me, more features to become p2p is a good idea. I mean, IF EVERYTHING IS "FREE", the game itself would be no more or mabye ADS AND POPUPS would be on the program slowing down your game somewhite and just be plain annoying. Now, do we want that?! O_O The level of profession to me is good and yet bad at the same time. The good is that it'll make people who want to advance would need to become p2p with other awesome features to come with it like kicking Wabbit butt/as*. happy The bad bad is some people would hate the idea and just leave the game thinking it's unfair. People like that should think for a min and acually find more information or just become a Full Member and all your wories will be over. >_>

φKevinulφ (a.k.a Kraguno or King-Pandawa)

0 0
Score : 458

yeahh..sure,give me the money n_n

i personally will give shame and bad fame to this game if ths geos on.

0 0
Score : 229
Citation

XD I have my job WAY over 30 and I've been f2p for a very long time. (since beta XD) I wanna be p2p really bad... but I have the problem of being a minor and therefore need my parents to do everything.... which this is one of those things they don't agree; but I can play during the summer. so I use f2p to play when I can't during the year unless I convince my mother otherwise.....

But what I really wanna know is if I had a job a really high lvl in f2p, when I eventually become p2p will it stay that lvl?
0 0
Score : 1100

I think f2p and p2p should have every single rights together beause some people cant afford money to have p2p like me. So please help us all f2ps if anyone can. Other day i bought a plus +80 agility bow meow i was all happy. Next day see what happned i cant use it. I hate stupid update. I wish we could vote before new updates come. Also about my topic. We should get every right as p2p and we should seperate f2p from p2p worlds. Meaning F2ps have their own area with their own aligement.

Also if u cant to those please i want to weild my pet again.Do some heavy dmg to my ememies

0 0
Citation
Citation

XD I have my job WAY over 30 and I've been f2p for a very long time. (since beta XD) I wanna be p2p really bad... but I have the problem of being a minor and therefore need my parents to do everything.... which this is one of those things they don't agree; but I can play during the summer. so I use f2p to play when I can't during the year unless I convince my mother otherwise.....

But what I really wanna know is if I had a job a really high lvl in f2p, when I eventually become p2p will it stay that lvl?

Yes i know how u feel i was a lvl 100 farmer and for a f2p thats a whole lot of time spending on that job. Please Creators of this game i want more rights. Lots of my f2p friends are leaving are leaving this game after thier hard work. I also have put a lot of time into this guild. Im poor atm after update cause of the f2p cant go higher then +30 on prefession.
0 0
Score : 84

Yea i understand why everyone is mad i was f2p till my character was lvl 25 but what i think they should do is cut off the profession lvls and the character lvls for lvls 50 and up if they never went p2p bc lvl 50 would be a quater of the game bc the think the highest lvl is 200 soo they are not weak or nuttin the only problem would be if a lvl 100 stop payin bc than u would have to find a way to lower his lvl or just make it if ur not p2p u can't play with a lvl 51 guy or up untill u become p2p i find that fair for the most part i also feel like the jobs should be the same why bc once thye get soo high if ur f2p u can't find the things u need to lvl up ur jobs or make good items anyway. That is just what i think and i am sorry if i make anyone mad but i find it soo everyone can play the game and once they go to p2p they won't really be to weak to not be able to kill nuttin.

0 0
Score : 3
  • I'm trying to become P2P but i can't because i cant loggin using my account name and password I keep getting an error message.

• thanks for the expansion and modifications im the F2P area.

• But what happened to the level 12 and 15 gobballs if you tend to be a loner,it is difficult to fight groups. Lone monsters are difficult to locate in the F2P area.

• Keep up the good work
0 0
Score : 532

new treechnid spots are needed stupid weak ass noobs always takin tree and dieing cause they weak for the jeweler quest new treechnids and boowolves + more prespics

0 0
Score : 1618

People like -Hideki- DarkKyori and GodsKid made this thread funny. My statements are here.
http://forum.dofus.com/topic_en.php?id=15773

But come on its a free game. You like it? Pay for it. Don't cry that you can't have a pet or things like that. Having a pet/merchant mode/guild making has taken nothing away from you. Its still the same game. I was free to play. Then I started paying for it as it was the first game theat was good enough to consider paying for.

0 0
Citation
Having a pet/merchant mode/guild making has taken nothing away from you.

I'm presuming that you've never vended before. Call me crazy if you like, but I view that as an essential part of an MMO experience. Taking that away makes the F2P zone... flat. Even for new players. There's other ways of dealing with the merchant crowding.

Example: Have user shops expire after 24/48/72 hours in the newbie zone - even if you're P2P.

To reiterate what pimsta said, there's not too much of a reason to limit profession levels. You really can't get most of the higher level stuff in Astrub, anyways. You're just leaving lots of questions and doubts open for potential P2Pers. "What if my subscription expires? What'll happen to (insert litany of potential losses) then? I can't afford to keep it going just for that."

I was planning on going P2P before. Now, I'm not confident enough to invest money in this game.
0 0

Yo this is aungoo im coolish now i been playing since januaray 2005 tight game took me forever to learn how to play like 3 days. Im so sad my lvl 100 farmer gone. Members get everything.Why cant we get the same monsters as them so wa can also be equal. But they may have few more rights like acess to more charaters and weapons and pets but please. People if u dont want to lose members in the game game rights equal. Me and my friend started at same level
lvl 1 xelors. Now im lvl 42 hes lvl 74 and chaing eahc day. it takes me a weak to do it. To level.

0 0
Citation
I'm presuming that you've never vended before. Call me crazy if you like, but I view that as an essential part of an MMO experience. Taking that away makes the F2P zone... flat. Even for new players. There's other ways of dealing with the merchant crowding.

Actually Kal I have. Though I don't all the time. Merchanting doesent take away from the the expirence. You want to sell then in the shops them. You want to merchant which is like a shop anywhere then you have to pay. That seems fair.
0 0
Score : 1492

We are F2P and just because of that we shouldn't get anymore rights.

If you guys are whining about F2P content why are you whining about runescape f2p in the same sentance? (i played Runescape for about a year and was level 60+ in two accounts with a skill total of 800+ each)

0 0
Citation
We are F2P and just because of that we shouldn't get anymore rights.

Our rights are the same. What we can do differs. We pay for the game and you have a free ride. Why is it fair for us to pay for something you would get for free? Simple answer it is not fair.
Citation
If you guys are whining about F2P content why are you whining about runescape f2p in the same sentance? (i played Runescape for about a year and was level 60+ in two accounts with a skill total of 800+ each)

I played runescape as free. then decided that I did not like it much at all. You can't compare runescape and Dofus. Dofus is IMO a better game over all.
0 0